Crane Driver Salary

dieseldog999:

Wheel Nut:

syramax:
The region of £60k isn’t too far away. Mate o mine used to do it, contract work all over the country for weeks at a time. He came home one weekend and wife just nipped to the shop . She never came back, he’s now a single parent on benefits with three kids to care for . Says he loved the job and the money but he would have preferred a proper family . If only hindsight was foresight.

Has he checked the shop?

^^^^^^^
:smiley: :smiley:
thats the story he is telling us…
never mind the shop,has anyone checked under the floorboards or the back garden?? :slight_smile:

Hmm, crane driver, maybe check the roof too [emoji23]

Check under the patio as well. (Brookside).I have met drivers who boast and brag about the big bucks, the down side is that their personal life is an absolute train wreck. Also when it comes to divorce you pay for her lawyer as well. They go off to play golf in the Algarve and ,hey its all on you.

Years ago when I was on the sites one of the other labourers went to do the course, £2500 at Ritchies in Glasgow. Never kept in touch with him to see if he passed and ended up with a job but fair play if he did. Going from £8 a hour labouring to the money they must be on isnt bad

One poster mentioned about being scared of heights. As an occaisional IBS sufferer, Id have more down to earth fears if you know what I mean.Id either have to take a bucket with me or equip myself with a zip wire :smiley:

my son is a mobile crane driver

papermonkey:
One poster mentioned about being scared of heights. As an occaisional IBS sufferer, Id have more down to earth fears if you know what I mean.Id either have to take a bucket with me or equip myself with a zip wire :smiley:

^^^^^^^^^^
id think the slingers on the ground would be a tad ore concerned than you?? :slight_smile:

Bring the hook to the cab. Hook yourself on. Brick on the lever. Sorted.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

El Deano:
Bring the hook to the cab. Hook yourself on. Brick on the lever. Sorted.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

But how did the brick get there?

The job has tempted me in the past, but I don’t think I could stand the long periods of hanging about doing nothing which are apparently part and parcel of the job.

Shunter at the old place used to do crane work, said it was good money, but said could be away over a week for 1 lift, go down set crane up then wait days for 1 lift take it all down then home, like anything really suits some people, some of the tales about what they used to get upto waiting about lol.

villa:
my son is a mobile crane driver and on 45 -50 grand a year
only has a class 2 hgv licence and he is 25
very rarely has nights out and if he does its in a hotel
quite often he only does half a day because the job he is on is done
and most of the day he is at work he sits in the cab , on the ground , playing with his phone waiting to lift something
he said they are going on strike at ainscough soon over a new pay deal which will mean big losses in pay
and the company are threatening to close down

I thought the ministry had already closed them down,

Wheel Nut:

villa:
my son is a mobile crane driver and on 45 -50 grand a year
only has a class 2 hgv licence and he is 25
very rarely has nights out and if he does its in a hotel
quite often he only does half a day because the job he is on is done
and most of the day he is at work he sits in the cab , on the ground , playing with his phone waiting to lift something
he said they are going on strike at ainscough soon over a new pay deal which will mean big losses in pay
and the company are threatening to close down

I thought the ministry had already closed them down,

i think your’e on about baldwins but they’re still going too

What a great job sat in a tin box all day baking ,Oh wait…

I wouldnt mind doing it, but periodically I suffer with IBS and I might not be able to race down all those ladders. I suppose I could take a bucket up with me, but then Id have to take the ■■■■ thing down again, full of ■■■■… :blush:

Never fancied cranes. But now and then I get tempted by the thought of driving a 360. Always wanted to have a blitz in a telehandler. Hate to work in one, but just wanna play in the mud!

papermonkey:
I wouldnt mind doing it, but periodically I suffer with IBS and I might not be able to race down all those ladders. I suppose I could take a bucket up with me, but then Id have to take the ■■■■ thing down again, full of [zb]… :blush:

Golfers shout Fore or is it Four?, dunno what you shout when an upturned bucket of unmentionable is on its way down, could be worse i suppose, direct from source, would make a good video though :smiling_imp:

WhiteTruckMan:
Never fancied cranes. But now and then I get tempted by the thought of driving a 360. Always wanted to have a blitz in a telehandler. Hate to work in one, but just wanna play in the mud!

Those 360 guys are incredible - I’m sure that if they cabled tied a teaspoon to one of the bucket tines they could stir a cup of tea.

Anybody seen the youTube vid of the guy on the front of a flat barge using the bucket as a massive paddle - poetry in motion - dip in on one side and then the other - makes good steady progress, too.

This one?

youtu.be/ZtekLTgEXmQ

After doing a couple o months working for the oil pipeline going through my area (rural Canada) driving a 6 wheeler tipper (non union contractor ,offered my teamster card a week before shutdown ■■■■).I can tell you that the driver/operators of the 8wheeler crane trucks that are fitted with 5th wheels and pull 40ft trailers are on $58 hr (or 34 gbp) for 40hr week 1.5 ot Saturday and sunday x2… some are teamsters and others are crane operator union. Also union 6 wheeler drivers(tipper,skip,generator,flat) are on $42 pull a trailer add $5 an hr …artic drivers are on $48 basic for normal,oversize add $5 and 360 and cat skinners $52hr basic :smiley: …forgot to say the pipeliners job was usually 12hr days ,13 days on 1 off and $100 a day living allowance………transport supplied …and not to mention the bus drivers on $34 hr all they did was drive the bus ,make sure the bus had water /food on board,and was kept warm in the minus temps,they were not allowed to do any other work.

iguana:
This one?

youtu.be/ZtekLTgEXmQ

Thats the fella (or very similar).