Crack on to macon the return

That look’s like Mckeller’s yard in Purfleet !!!

CRACK ON TO MACON:
That look’s like Mckeller’s yard in Purfleet !!!

Correct & i do believe Ian still owns it but not sure!

Hello all some fotos of the purfleet Air Force

Can’t seem to get the fotos up the right way?.. But needless to say the silver one was Laneys !! Is Ian junior still trading?

Tubbysboy:
Can’t seem to get the fotos up the right way?.. But needless to say the silver one was Laneys !! Is Ian junior still trading?

Not seen any of the motors last couple of years had yellow motors with tipping trailers. I pulled one out of a ditch in ferry lane about 3 years ago.

There ya go Tubbysboy

The silver dream macine with false 530 badges on it!!! Only a 460 i was told!
Ian got the master off Ronnie to pull juniors racing trailer but put it to work instead

Interesting pictures for me as i spent 9 years with Mckellar before moving to Fieldings for 18 years.

We (Fieldings) did use McKellars for a couple of jobs, one to Majorca, and a wee lad from Sunderland (i think) turned up & had the time of his life!

Thanks ! I couldn’t get it right… Yes the silver one V12LAN was a 460 but it certainly hopped on… I drove k6 for about 8 months and not lot got past that either.

jacko22:
The same as Baccy! started in early 1990 with the M & A 142, an ex Mckellar unit A101 TWC, by August that year Mckellar took M & A over, a C reg 112 tag was next(never did take a pic of it) then E242 TKL a 112 also, the unit had been involved in a fatal in Italy some time before and it was a bag of wrong from the start.

D986 YBJ soon followed, A V8 142 for a 22 year old :wink: Loved it!
The first pic with Colin Clift (C133 SJF) on the Ho Chi Min & the second with Bobby Heath at our favorite Saturday night stopover “the Algerians”.
I only wished i carried me camera more often to capture some of them classic trucks & even more classic people.

What a nice surprise to find C133, I drove this truck on the continent for it’s new owner Craig T Potter of Trowbridge. I have some great photo’s of her which i will post if anyone would like to see them.

right way up

Tubbysboy:

Of course mate always good to see new pics.

worktop:

jacko22:
The same as Baccy! started in early 1990 with the M & A 142, an ex Mckellar unit A101 TWC, by August that year Mckellar took M & A over, a C reg 112 tag was next(never did take a pic of it) then E242 TKL a 112 also, the unit had been involved in a fatal in Italy some time before and it was a bag of wrong from the start.

D986 YBJ soon followed, A V8 142 for a 22 year old :wink: Loved it!
The first pic with Colin Clift (C133 SJF) on the Ho Chi Min & the second with Bobby Heath at our favorite Saturday night stopover “the Algerians”.
I only wished i carried me camera more often to capture some of them classic trucks & even more classic people.

What a nice surprise to find C133, I drove this truck on the continent for it’s new owner Craig T Potter of Trowbridge. I have some great photo’s of her which i will post if anyone would like to see them.

Hi everyone, does anyone recall a Jerry O,Brien working for Mckeller…thanks

ray

mushroomman:

whiplash:

By whiplash_012 at 2009-06-03.Okay,just in case theres anybody who hasnt got a picture of the descent from the blanc,and the infamous steelworks!

SNAP :slight_smile: .

March 1986.

Great pics, bringing back loads of memories from the early 90’s… feel really old now!
I remember one occasion when a few of us tried digging out an ERF from Brittannia Freight out of the snow in Courmayeur & gave up & went to the “Tennis Bar” … anyonyone remember that place■■?

By eck catalan boy, Francises Drums rings a rusty old bell wasn’t it on The Old Kent Road. :confused: There was more room inside the slave ships to move a wagon around then there was on their premises. As soon as you mentioned it I had thoughts of a 24 year old kid with a Ford D series and a 36ft single axle trailer mesmerized by the shunter walking backwards pointing left, then right, then left, then right again. Meanwhile the forky would move a pallet load of drums from in front of the unit, disappear through a door into the building, re-emerge from a door somewhere behind the trailer, drop the pallet back on the road before he would come back out of a door in front of the unit and pick up another full pallet and disappear again. As you know this would carry on until you got to the end of the yard where you had to handball the lot off the pallets and if you had to go into Enfield to fuel up with a load for Aberdeen or Grangemouth Alan Gilzean would say can I come with you. :smiley: Very happy days indeed.

Regards Steve.

Er ya go Sweet truck haul, on days like these. :wink:

bloxotrix:
Has anyone else still got one of these?

Ive still got the sticker and long sunscreen stick and I think somewhere in the loft is the t shirt they were giving out.

Francis was actually down john penn street off Lewisham road and behind Blackheath road, its a housing estate now mushroomman, yes that yard was certainly tight, if I was not running the trailers to Enfield I had to tip them on local deliveries mainly around surrey docks , steel 45 gallon drums 3 high all hand ball great fun , so was Alan Gilzeans sense of humour “are you tipped laddie” yes Alan “aye get yourself back to francis they` ave another two loads for you” . If you are an old blue dart driver, remember John West the irish weight lifting champion his still driving in his 70s now still going to the gym keeping fit an doing a bit for Ocado. regards, catalanboy.

blimey still getting post’s on here keep em coming chap’s !!!

Just noticed I will be on 70,000 hit’s soon not bad fer a old sarf London boy :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Y1 RFW.jpgThis truck was stolen from my mate’s yard in Erith in Kent on Saturday 18/1/14
it had a tracker installed but was last recorded going north through the Dartford Tunnel so any help in finding this truck would be appreciated if you see it anywhere phone the old bill or me on 07768696214 thank’s !!! THE REG IS Y1 RFW :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

CRACK ON TO MACON:
This truck was stolen from my mate’s yard in Erith in Kent on Saturday 18/1/14
it had a tracker installed but was last recorded going north through the Dartford Tunnel so any help in finding this truck would be appreciated if you see it anywhere phone the old bill or me on 07768696214 thank’s !!! THE REG IS Y1 RFW :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

and the truck is ■■?

Why do they keep changing thing’s on here had a right game loading the photo :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: