Crack in window, safe or not

damo84:

mac12:
While I’m not disagreeing with you on thing I’m thinking is if it’s so bad to take it out how did it get into the yard without the driver getting points, or is that where it happened?

It started as a chip, defected on Friday, Monday and Tuesday, driving this morning, bump in road and cracked. Pulled over in a safe spot, which was first drop 3 mins away and it’s not moved since!

so why didn’t they get chip repaired at weekend ?
My fitter get bloke straight in if there’s a chip and gets it repaired

Not only would it be a fine & points it’s your life… I’m sure you like living… That would be very painful

SouthEastCashew:
Not only would it be a fine & points it’s your life… I’m sure you like living… That would be very painful

I’m not sure what you are getting at here ^^^^. Are you saying that a cracked windscreen could kill you?

the maoster:

SouthEastCashew:

I’m not sure what you are getting at here ^^^^. Are you saying that a cracked windscreen could kill you?

No I think that’s a case of you putting words into my mouth. If you drive that down a road & something flicks up or someone thinks it’s clever to lob something off a bridge I don’t think the wind SCREEN is going to serve its purpose and stop said object coming through is it? That’s what I’m getting at :')

The wife had a big crack that I fixed for her myself with one of them kits.

Not this you dirty lot:

I mean this:

Maybe I’ve spent too much of my time driving for large “blue chip” companies - but the advice/instruction I’ve always been given is that if a defect would be an MoT failure the vehicle doesn’t leave the yard unless it’s on its way to a repairer. If said defect crops up while out on the road, the run can continue but it must be taken to a repairer/have the repairer come out to it at the earliest opportunity (the driver having been given the defect note number in order to cover his arse).

At the end of the day they don’t pay me enough to risk getting points on my licence “to get the job done”.

Dipper_Dave:
The wife had a big crack that I fixed for her myself with one of them kits.

Not this you dirty lot:
uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201709 … 811fb8.jpg

I mean this:
uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201709 … 5acacf.jpg

Did it work though? I might need to get some if recommended.

(and yes, maybe I am referring to both products) :blush: :stuck_out_tongue:

Yep worked a treat, it’s all about the effort you put in cleaning out the hole then the magic resin squeezes in much smoother and makes the crack almost invisible.

Also plenty of pelvic floor exercises improves the traction.

I’d be carrying on today but, it wouldn’t be going out tomorrow.

SouthEastCashew:

the maoster:

SouthEastCashew:

No I think that’s a case of you putting words into my mouth. If you drive that down a road & something flicks up or someone thinks it’s clever to lob something off a bridge I don’t think the wind SCREEN is going to serve its purpose and stop said object coming through is it? That’s what I’m getting at :')

I didn’t put any words in your mouth, hence my use of the question marks as you didn’t make it clear originally.

Seeing as no one has cracked on yet :laughing: I’ll say crack on drive :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It might be an m.o.t/ITV failure and the crack may be in the drivers view ( :grimacing: ) but…its not exactly dangerous as the screen will be laminated ie glass on the outside, plastic in the middle, glass on the inside and that screen will NOT shatter. Needs replacing but get stopped and it just cracked 5 minutes earler didnt it…and as above …crack on… :stuck_out_tongue: