CPC

The smart option would have been to back down gracefully once you’d seen you’d made a huge mistake, which you have done but you can’t admit to.

Your deteriorating posting with a lack of punctuation just makes you look angry, which if it was just a general thing across the boards is no problem, I have no interest in your emotional state, or your opinion, especially the endless, ultimately-futile griping about DCPC, because I actively support DCPC.

But as I’ve said, you’re making this an ad hominem issue. If you want to continue to make it personal I’ll just let the Mods deal with it. Trucknet represents Truck and Driver magazine, which unlike Facebook groups, tends to have a few rules.

The thread regarding Trucknet having dissatisfied drivers was started by Tglamble as I’ve already told you once. I don’t “own” their thread. They complained , I told them it was par for the course. End of. If you can’t understand the logic of that, it’s not my problem.

I have no interest in your emotional state, or your opinion, especially the endless, ultimately-futile griping about DCPC, because I actively support DCPC.

Well in that case either block me or stop reading threads with CPC in the title its not ■■■■■■■ rocket science :unamused:

The thread regarding Trucknet having dissatisfied drivers was started by Tglamble
[/quote]
I somehow missed your original notification about this and so am man enough to apologise for mixing the two of you up in this thread.

You’re very confused, Trucknet isn’t a Facebook group where you can be an angry keyboard warrior, that’s where your attitude belongs. I’m fairly sure that at some point one of the Mods will step in to tell you that their self.

And I see at least one other poster has had to tell you to “attack the post, not the poster” after you told him to “wind his neck in”.

We don’t generally block other posters - I’m not sure if it’s even possible, and it shouldn’t be necessary.

And don’t tell people what they should or should not read, TN is a pretty democratic place, it’s not a Facebook echochamber. And I will continue to read and post in threads with CPC in the title because I am very much in favour of it.

Zac_A:
And don’t tell people what they should or should not read, TN is a pretty democratic place, it’s not a Facebook echochamber. And I will continue to read and post in threads with CPC in the title because I am very much in favour of it.

I am not telling you what to read or not read what i am suggesting is as you have posted this -

“I have no interest in your emotional state, or your opinion, especially the endless, ultimately-futile griping about DCPC”

is you block me then you wont have to read any posts i may make in the future in CPC threads as you have stated you have no interest in my opinion!

You can block me quite easily by clicking on my username and clicking the “Add Foe” link, i look forward to not seeing any more replies to my posts by you in the future, bye.

I’ve managed to tolerate a variety of other TN members without resorting to blocking anyone, so I’m not going to start now just because of you.

You can feel free to block me if you wish but I will keep telling you where you are going wrong - because you are woefully misguided - on this and all the other inevitable DCPC related threads you create, as far as I can see you have nothing to say on any other topic.

Zac_A:
I’ve managed to tolerate a variety of other TN members without resorting to blocking anyone, so I’m not going to start now just because of you.

I am not asking you to block anyone else just me why is that such a big deal?

Why should i block you its you ■■■■■■■■ about my posts not the other way around.

To be honest I didn’t expect you to block me which makes it obvious you want to carry on having a pop because i am against DCPC and you are not, i honestly couldn’t care less what you think of my views i am as entitled to post them as you are entitled to ignore them.

DCPC related threads you create, as far as I can see you have nothing to say on any other topic.

“As far as i can see” are you having a ■■■■■■■ laugh?
Try doing a little research before posting total rubbish you would soon see i have posted in many non DCPC threads.

The finest example of “Turkeys voting for Christmas”
I might start a counter-petition, " The dCPC should be much more difficult, and should involve a written exam"
And yes, even for us older persons!
Why would we demand lower standards?
Is ours a skilled job or not?
Are we professionals or not?
Is it a highly-skilled job?
Or do we think that monkeys could do it?

You’re a bit late to the party but pull up a chair.

I guess with enough training they might after all they have been to space and few of us have done that :wink:

D.Thompson:
I guess with enough training they might after all they have been to space and few of us have done that :wink:

After some weeks reading this forum, and others, I realise that not only COULD they do it, but they do, and have been for many years.

wakou:

D.Thompson:

After some weeks reading this forum, .

“Some weeks” did you mean 16 years?

D.Thompson:
“Some weeks” did you mean 16 years?

Well, yes! I have been “on furlough” … (PM sent)

Only 93997 to go

"Government responded:
Ensuring that professional drivers of large and heavy vehicles keep their skills up to date is key to maintaining road safety and protecting both vocational drivers and other road users.
Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (DCPC) is intended to improve road safety and provide economic and environmental benefits. All professional drivers are required to complete 35 hours of training before the end of the 5-year period, but each course can be completed at the driver’s convenience. This could be one a year or a 35-hour block at the end of the period.
*Many professionals are required to undertake continuing professional development to stay up to date with the demands and legal requirements of their chosen profession. It is not unreasonable that professional large vehicle drivers who have a significant responsibility for road safety should be required to undertake some form of regular training. *
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) encourages drivers to spread out their learning and to consider which courses best reflect the work they are doing and the development they require. This flexible approach was agreed with the industry.
The DCPC is associated with individual drivers and not their employers, and it is for employers to decide if they wish to contribute to DCPC renewal. This could include, for example, making time available or selecting courses appropriate to the business and funding the training. We believe that this could play a fundamental role in improving driver retention rates.
Many employers are currently offering training packages to support drivers with a lapsed DCPC update their training through classroom or online courses. HGV licence holders who are currently unemployed or are in receipt of Universal Credit can, at the discretion of local DWP Work Coaches, access the DWP Flexible Support Fund to renew their DCPC.
Department for Transport"

Link:
petition.parliament.uk/petition … sponse=yes

I bet a lot of drivers didn’t know they could get this help -

HGV licence holders who are currently unemployed or are in receipt of Universal Credit can, at the discretion of local DWP Work Coaches, access the DWP Flexible Support Fund to renew their DCPC.