CPC - How do I find a Transport Manager

So where is Loggo then? 12 months on as a successful owner driver I hope

Loggo:
I am planning to become an Owner Driver and have a contract in hand for the new year.
I will need an operators licence and am in the process of filling in the forms - you will understand that I do not want to take a few months out at this stage to get a CPC of my own and I need to contact an existing CPC holder to support my application.
My question is how do I contact one apart from going through an agency ? I have asked the lads locally but the few in my area seem to be solid with work.

How do I make contact with someone ■■

Just a thought…if you have a missus then put her through the CPC, its strange but more women pass it than men. Even guys who have been in hauage for years and been brought up with it seem to fail. There was a name mentioned in one of the other threads that sprung to mind…Ian Parkinson, ‘Parky’. His father had brought him into the buisness and he knows as much as anyone, he failed his CPC about three times, his missus took and got it in the end. Sorted !

Ian Parkinson, ‘Parky’. His father had brought him into the buisness and he knows as much as anyone, he failed his CPC about three times, his missus took and got it in the end. Sorted !

Maybe his father should have put her in charge of the business too then.

Wheel Nut:

Ian Parkinson, ‘Parky’. His father had brought him into the buisness and he knows as much as anyone, he failed his CPC about three times, his missus took and got it in the end. Sorted !

Oh i thought he was doing ok? I hated the ■■■■■■■■ dog it used to go for me!!!

Mike-C:

Wheel Nut:

Oh i thought he was doing ok? I hated the [zb] dog it used to go for me!!!

Ignore the first couple of posts and read further down

http://trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25080&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=ian+parkinson

Yea I have the CPC exam booked for december 7th (I think it is) - and yes, talking about women being the best at it… thats whats happening - I would struggle to read all those pages and actually take it all in :unamused: . But it means I’m stuck until the result comes in. Finding someone with a CPC would speed up the process by at least 2 months (as the result takes so ■■■■ long :angry: ). I’ve got everything else ready and waiting to begin… the work is waiting for me, the lorry is there ready for me to buy, I’m ready to jump in and get the wheels turning etc… Waiting is horrible :frowning:

Wheel Nut:

Mike-C:

Wheel Nut:

Oh i thought he was doing ok? I hated the [zb] dog it used to go for me!!!

Ignore the first couple of posts and read further down

http://trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25080&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=ian+parkinson

Ah right, i never read that one before. But he did once give me some good advice, he said if ya wanna make money then forget trucks stick to drugs, booze and tobacco . And thats true , and it is too.

andyp85:
Yea I have the CPC exam booked for december 7th (I think it is) - and yes, talking about women being the best at it… thats whats happening - I would struggle to read all those pages and actually take it all in :unamused: . But it means I’m stuck until the result comes in. Finding someone with a CPC would speed up the process by at least 2 months (as the result takes so ■■■■ long :angry: ). I’ve got everything else ready and waiting to begin… the work is waiting for me, the lorry is there ready for me to buy, I’m ready to jump in and get the wheels turning etc… Waiting is horrible :frowning:

Good luck, I’m re-taking my case study (passed multi-choice) on Friday…not looking forward to it at all. :frowning: