cpc holder

Carl:
only one problem the wifes unsure as she,s not a risk taker and without her support its gonna be a no no :question:

That’s kind of important. If you read any advice on starting up your own business, it should always mention that having the FULL support of your family is VERY important. However, she married you, she should have faith in you. :laughing:
So, its back to the business plan again…show it her too! When you do a business plan, always paint a bleak picture, lower earnings than you expect, & higher costs, then if it still stacks up, you should be ok.

Remember if you’re thinking of buying a fridge trailer, you need to allow for the cost of refridgeration equipment breakdown also.

A few months ago i did a posting on Tnet re 7.5 tonne running costs. Obviously different, but there was a fairly comprehensive list of costs you need to take into account in it, but I can’t find it :unamused: :question:

Carl:
spoke to volvo today an x reg 420 globetrotter with full bumper to bumper warrenty just over 24 grand with.5 grand deposit leaveing just under 20 to pay on an operating lease of 3 years =£670 a month incuding gap insurence payment.volvo do a new start up programme which they tell me means the warrnenty will cover any cost of repairs so in theory it want cost me a penny if it breaksdown in the first year only also if the bussiness fails to be profitable by 12 months later by putting 20%deposit down they tell i,ll owe them nothing and just hand the truck back and walk away. by this i think they mean when they sell it on there garrenteed to get there money back.got an insurence quote for the unit valued at 25 grand and a fridge valued at 15 grand of £2995 git £750 for the year at rha cover rate.is this good bad or indifferant .only one problem the wifes unsure as she,s not a risk taker and without her support its gonna be a no no :question:

£2995 don’t seem bad at all for a new start up but just give axa a try first especially for the GIT.
as for the finance deal, i’m not sure, it’s a lot of money but you know the rates you’ll be working at.

my wife would like me to go for a cheaper unit around the 10 grand mark as that would be a more managable dept .on nsh,s advice ive decided to do my cpc myself but as i wont have got enough study in for the december exam i,ll be doin the one in march next year this gives me more time to find a decent unit and also miss the slack period after xmas/newyear which always happens as for the fridge i not sure as i was offered some curtaiansider work but no rates as yet. :laughing:

Carl:
my wife would like me to go for a cheaper unit around the 10 grand mark as that would be a more managable dept .on nsh,s advice ive decided to do my cpc myself but as i wont have got enough study in for the december exam i,ll be doin the one in march next year this gives me more time to find a decent unit and also miss the slack period after xmas/newyear which always happens as for the fridge i not sure as i was offered some curtaiansider work but no rates as yet. :laughing:

Try for something other than a premium make, you have to buy with your head , and get a 6 wheeler, where i used to work i had a 4 wheeler on a fridge, pain in the rear end, allright on our own work but a right pain for any outside work we picked up, i for ever having to turn loads away due to weight.
good luck , wish i had your bottle :wink: