Court Action for Tacho and Hours

Rob K:
A lot of assumptions are being made in this thread but the advice given is good nonetheless. Unless we know what all the offences are and how much he has taken the ■■■■ then it’s impossible to say what the outcome will be. Certainly falsifying tacho records (ie. winding the clock on) is a BIG no-no and he can expect to have a very large book thrown at him for that one, but if there are other offences as well like you suggest then I’d agree that he’ll be lucky if he comes away with his licence, but he might just get away with it if it’s a first offence. You should be prepared for a suspension though and consider it a lucky bonus if he doesn’t get one.

I am not so sure Rob about your above post, see a murderer is a murderer regardless of the amount of times he stabbed the ■■■■■ :stuck_out_tongue:

The court case was a good result, the TC will have his knackers!

when you notify the TC state what his preferance of biscuit is as the TC will be miffed if he’s got a custard creams out and your husband says he’s a rich tea guy. Lol. On a serious note the worst is to come. The TC will prob throw the book and book case at him! Good luck.

hi Gilberts100,
pleased with the news regarding your husbands courtcase, After mine in August/Sept I decided not to inform the TC, my view is that it was Vosa prosecuting me so they should have informed in been as they both pee in the same pot! As of yet not heard anything so fingers crossed it will stay that way. If the TC does get in touch, and your hubby as to appear in front of him, get your solictor to point out to him that the court was very leanient with your Hubby and in theory he should take similar action! Short term license revokation.

gilberts100:
Hi All

Just to let you all know my husband was up in court yesterday for the driving over hours and moving tacho forward affence and he was a very lucky man The magistrates were very understanding and took into account his clean licence and never been in trouble and also reference from his boss and a copy of all our in and out goings … My husband keep his licence no points etc and a fine including court costs and prosecutor costs of just 615.00 and we pay this of weekly … I would like to thank everyone that has answered and quieres i had …

did he get called in for tea and biscuits?