Contesting speeding ticket

Mike-C:

kemaro:
update…
…any advice please

You never heeded anyones advice in the first place. Infact when they advised, you argued. You could of just paid a small FP amount but now you have a full whack, and you still want advice? Here’s mine, this is a little secret and not widely known. Get a stick, rub it in dog [zb]. The rub the dog [zb] on your forehead and under your armpits. The kneel down and chant…“ineverdidit,ineverdidit,ineverdidit,ineverdidit,ineverdidit”. And you won’t have any fine to pay when you wake up. Sorry, i nearly forgot to add, you need to do this ■■■■ and in the courts collection office. They might keep you for a while(few months) while you come out of your trance but you’ll have nothing to pay.

Bit harsh, i mean if there is genuine reasons he could not make court e.g father ill “MAYBE” he could get reduced depending on the mood judge is in however i wouldnt put money on it or hold breath.

SI_A:
Bit harsh,

Seems so does it? Go back and read it all. His mates knew he wasn’t speeding, he’s in the right. he’s gonna contest it, he knows he’s right. etc… What let him down? Well a move of address. Who’d a thought !!

Mike-C:

kemaro:
update…
…any advice please

You never heeded anyones advice in the first place. Infact when they advised, you argued. You could of just paid a small FP amount but now you have a full whack, and you still want advice? Here’s mine, this is a little secret and not widely known. Get a stick, rub it in dog [zb]. The rub the dog [zb] on your forehead and under your armpits. The kneel down and chant…“ineverdidit,ineverdidit,ineverdidit,ineverdidit,ineverdidit”. And you won’t have any fine to pay when you wake up. Sorry, i nearly forgot to add, you need to do this ■■■■ and in the courts collection office. They might keep you for a while(few months) while you come out of your trance but you’ll have nothing to pay.

If things dont work out in road haulage for you Mike, the samaritains are always looking for folk.

f’kin brilliant fella. :laughing: :laughing:

kemaro:
an annoying thing about this whole thing is that if i was unemployed i would of had full legal aid and maybe a solicitor would of got me off or i would of at least been able to pay small amounts each week…and not worry that it may affect my job… instead because i work i get shafted…

no you wouldn’t, unless they have changed the rules, you don’t get legal aid for motoring offences

Thanks for your input mike c but I would appreciate it if you stayed off this thread from now … thanks

kemaro:
Thanks for your input mike c but I would appreciate it if you stayed off this thread from now … thanks

lol

Mike-C:

SI_A:
Bit harsh,

Seems so does it? Go back and read it all. His mates knew he wasn’t speeding, he’s in the right. he’s gonna contest it, he knows he’s right. etc… What let him down? Well a move of address. Who’d a thought !!

I suppose not turning up is a major flawv :confused:

SI_A:

Mike-C:

kemaro:
update…
…any advice please

Bit harsh, i mean if there is genuine reasons he could not make court e.g father ill “MAYBE” he could get reduced depending on the mood judge is in however i wouldnt put money on it or hold breath.

What genuine reason? He forgot to go to court, for a speeding offence he disputed… And now he wants to appeal the outcome■■? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

If you HAD gone to court, and you HAD told the magistrates your tale of woe, AND produced some EVIDENCE of your innocence, you would have got off. For whatever reason, you didn’t think it was important enough to remember the date of the hearing. :unamused:

My advice, appeal if you want mate, but try not to forget the date of that hearing, and take a very large roll of notes with you… Oh, and invest in some memory training.

If you cant work, well you cant work chap.

I sent you a PM to a bloody good Barrister to be fair along with his personal mobile number, he is an old Sage on all things traffic, although he is quite pricey. But he will give you an answer over the phone. On the lines of “Yes we can win this” or “just take it on the chin”. There is no ifs or maybe’s with Simon Nicholls chap. Oh and he does cover all UK.

But the bottom line is, if you cant work, we have a state system that allows you to enjoy lifes luxuries on the hard work, sweat and blood of other workers. I have a 21 year old daughter proving this fact to me. :smiling_imp:

Kick back and enjoy it chap. maybe its the kick up the 'arris you need to find a better way of life.

As if you need to rally round like a nutter to get a job done to continue employment, whilst risking your own licence for someone else’s riches. Clearly your possibly in the wrong game. If your paid hourly, then your an even bigger fool as your cutting your own income down as well.

Sorry to hear the result but it was inevitable that you would be found guilty if you fail to turn up in court . From the courts perspective , if you felt so strongly about the ticket ,why would you not turn up . ? You mention a family illness and moving house , but it would have only taken five minutes to phone the court and see if the hearing could have been re scheduled . Good luck in the appeal , but in view of your failure to turn up for the original hearing , you may be flogging a dead horse . ( and spending more money . )

hiya a pal of mine had a barrister to try and get him off a speeding jobby in 1974
his barrister bill worked out at £60 a second…NO not a minute…NOT even a hour …a second
Good luck John

I sent you a PM to a bloody good Barrister to be fair along with his personal mobile number, he is an old Sage on all things traffic, although he is quite pricey. But he will give you an answer over the phone. On the lines of “Yes we can win this” or “just take it on the chin”. There is no ifs or maybe’s with Simon Nicholls chap. Oh and he does cover all UK.

thanks for that, i spoke with him today and had some very good advice!..

kemaro:

thanks for that, i spoke with him today and had some very good advice!..

does the fact you’ve not elaborated on the advise mean it was pay up and move on? :laughing: :laughing: :cry: :cry:

stevie

kemaro:

And in this case i’ll oblige. Only because i’ve nothing constructive to add. If i had however, you’d get the advice whether you liked it or not. Its not selective who answers, its a public forum. Don’t ask if you don’t want certain people to reply. As it is you took NO ONES advice. You crack on and do what ya like, its not my licence.

Or dont ask the question if you dont like the answer

But you can select not to read the answer

Don’t like to say it but…

Told you so!!!

Hope the good advice was pay up and get over it.

You were given good advice and because it wasn’t what you wanted to hear you choose to ignore it. Many people have thrown a lot of money at this and lost, so if you haven’t got a LOT of money to spare my advice would be.

Chalk this one down to experience.

safespeed.org.uk/idrisappeal.html

P.S Idris Frances closed his appeal because taking it to the house of lords was going to cost tens of thousands of pounds. Yes I know his is a slightly different case, but you will need to go at least that far and maybe further.

kemaro:
update…

on wednesday the 4th January the case was heard in my absence, i was fined £350, £15 victim sur charge and £60 costs, totalling £425 to be paid by the 1st February 2012, also my licence is to be endorsed with 4 points, I am not happy with this decision and would like to appeal it, also there is no way on earth that i have £425 to pay the courts , i feel it is very excessive, and 4 pints could well mean me losing my job as an hgv driver, what can i do about this , in hindsight maybe i should of accepted the fine and points at the time but as i was not speeding why should i. i feel it has been dealt with very unfairly in my absence…any advice please

Can’t say I’m surprised in the slightest but what’s done is done.

The problem now is that having ignored previous advice to pay the FPN you’re back asking for more… will you listen this time? Or would everyone be wasting their time?

ron9516:
P.S Idris Frances closed his appeal because taking it to the house of lords was going to cost tens of thousands of pounds. Yes I know his is a slightly different case, but you will need to go at least that far and maybe further.

be a man,stand up for yourself :exclamation: remortgage the house and take it to the high court

commonrail:

ron9516:

be a man,stand up for yourself :exclamation: remortgage the house and take it to the high court

I’ll even offer to drive you home from the high court when they take your licence

reverse physcology

I haven’t bothered to comment on this thread but i have been keeping an eye on it secretly with the hope that you would pull it off despite everyones negative “take the points and the fine and be done with it” stance.

You were stubborn enough to carry on with your own agenda despite ‘advice’ which you asked for not being what you wanted to hear!!!fair enough,but when given a court appearance to defend your moral stance you FAIL to turn up then really you have no-one but yourself to blame at the outcome. :unamused:
Come Hell or High water that should of been your priority to turn up at that court,an hour early with a suit on and a humble face…or if not,like other people have said you should of bothered to get the date changed so you could go and defend yourself
No sympathy from me at all,i was right on your side,but your non appearance and subsequent attitude after i think you got what you deserve.