Containers/ time to get handballing?

We used to do quiet a few aswell. That was until one of our drivers was loading a 45ft with 33 pallets of wine, three pallets wide across with about a mill to spare between each pallet. She ended up doing her back in and the company fired her…dont ask??
and secondly numbnuts of a newbie, who let a pallet of argos catalogues roll over the end and nearly land on a customer.

I agree with the comment…If your bringing the good in, they should unload you and likewise if your taking it out of the country!

This was always going to happen.I know it’s fashionable to portray container work as the preserve of the leisurely but having done this work for a few years I know theres a deal of difference with certain container lines,some are real whip crackers and some less so,but the moment any driver agrees to handball hundreds of boxes alongside his rainbow coalition of newly arrived warehouse bods, is the day the rest of the industry will demand driver labouring as a given,

I am not averse to moving the odd load to the back of a container but handballing is a distinctly different deal I would refuse outright.It surely stands to reason that driving itself is sufficently wearying,especially over the long term and the muscles are by definition not regularly exercised unlike warehouse staff for instance so incidences of back trouble would have a greater effect on drivers used to sitting in the same position on a regular basis.

I long ago left the joys of container work largely through the increasing prevelance of the type of office staff all too apparent now but sweet jesus the idea of handballing for the ■■■■■■■■ is beyond insane.The first s.o.b who agrees to doing this is the lowest of the low and would open further sluice gates in this appalling medieval industry.Sciatica is no joke.