Container work from ports

scanny77:
you should be well aware of the possible consequences of faulty equipment by now Rob. if you dont, i dont want you anywhere near me out on the road. a little reminder news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/oxfo … 122082.stm

What’s the pile up got to do with containers Scanny77 :question: Are you trying to say that that pile up was caused due to a driver not doing his daily check’s/or is it an MOT he has to do prior to leaving the depot :question: . :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Denis F:

marcustandy:
SOHF :question: :question:

Sense of Humour Failure was my guess :laughing:

i dont know what all these abbreviations mean like the one everyone seems to use… pmsl and all the rest.

jessicas dad:
i dont know what all these abbreviations mean like the one everyone seems to use… pmsl and all the rest.

[zb] my self laughing :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Give Scanny a break will you,

So what if he wants to check his trailer before it gets used, I bet there is a higher percentage that don’t even check there lights, Let alone any thing else!!!

I have been to breakdowns with no side lights on trailers, He was 10 miles from his depot, Now OK they could have stopped working on route, but I get there and the hazard lights are on, but the trailer is flashing its reverse lights!!

Drivers comment ‘I was not like that when I coupled up!’

My comment ‘Yeah right!, Just go and stick it in reverse driver’

Oh look the indicators light up!

Oh yes, Hot hubs says to me, brakes sticking on, Brakes sticking on heats up the brake drum, Hot brake drums can and do Explode with lethal results,

One car driver has been killed with chunks of brake drum going through his windscreen!

Something to remember, Now back to the subject in hand!

Where does he want his break :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

So what if he wants to check his trailer before it gets used, I bet there is a higher percentage that don’t even check there lights, Let alone any thing else!!!

There’s a big differance from daily checks b4 u leave depot,but to give it a full MOT is a bit ott :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

kitkat:

Where does he want his break :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Under the trailer, with his torch :bulb: :confused: :question: :question:

There’s a big differance from daily checks b4 u leave depot,but to give it a full MOT is a bit ott :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: Funny, but true. :bulb:

Thanks for all the replies …
Turns out it was a dodgy outfit the trucks were [zb] and with 5 nights out the money worked out bad too … nothing is ever as it first seems eh! … No im better off where i am for now…
until like dafmad i can get a half decent wage with a daf xf s/space cab or globetrotter xxl or scan topline anybody know of anything in swansea or surrounding area please do let me know…

Reef:
Thanks for all the replies …
Turns out it was a dodgy outfit the trucks were [zb] and with 5 nights out the money worked out bad too … nothing is ever as it first seems eh! … No im better off where i am for now…
until like dafmad i can get a half decent wage with a daf xf s/space cab or globetrotter xxl or scan topline anybody know of anything in swansea or surrounding area please do let me know…

Considering you only passed your test on 31 March this year, if I were you I’d take whatever I could get for 6 months to get that crucial thing called ‘experience’ before you start demanding the Topliner’s, XL’s and SSC’s.

On top of that you’ll struggle to get good money in your locale anyway. It’s a bit of a flat spot round there money wise.

:bulb:

ROB K…

Considering you only passed your test on 31 March this year, if I were you I’d take whatever I could get for 6 months to get that crucial thing called ‘experience’ before you start demanding the Topliner’s, XL’s and SSC’s

Sorry didnt realise as a new driver (of 14 yrs in the transport industry) that i wasnt allowed goals or aspirations … please except my humble apologies and allow me to return to the corner of the room and gain some valuable experience…
And just for the record please read my previous quote again and show me exactly where i demanded anything…

Reef:
ROB K…

Considering you only passed your test on 31 March this year, if I were you I’d take whatever I could get for 6 months to get that crucial thing called ‘experience’ before you start demanding the Topliner’s, XL’s and SSC’s

Sorry didnt realise as a new driver (of 14 yrs in the transport industry) that i wasnt allowed goals or aspirations … please except my humble apologies and allow me to return to the corner of the room and gain some valuable experience…
And just for the record please read my previous quote again and show me exactly where i demanded anything…

You stated in the newbies forum that you passed your class 1 on 31 March this year and correct me if I’m wrong but it’s a class 1 job you’re wanting.

If you’ve been a driver for 14 years then well done, but that counts for nothing when you’re going for a class 1 job and have only had that licence for less than 3 months.

Unless the job is paying really poor money it will be a long, long time before you get your DAF SSC and you can forget the Globetrotter XXL because you’ll never have one of those, I’ll guarantee you that much for nowt! (because they don’t exist :smiley: )

back off a bit rob k… we all had dreams when we first come into the industry just to have them smashed. i passed my test in 87 whilst with a small local haulier who on knowing i had passed took me of the transits and gave me the keys to a leyland roadtrain 6x2 with spicer crash box , running tilts and tnt trailers. i look back now and think i was very lucky… there are others who cant even get agency work to get the experience.

reef … good luck and i hope you get what you want in the end…me i am still waiting for my scania 580 topliner…6x2 in black… the only thing i drive now is yellow and made by terberg!!!

i’d better go back to my dream now…

Tammy:
back off a bit rob k…

:open_mouth:

Well Reef there is your challenge - you have to get that Globetrotter XXL now and motor around to Rob K to show him.

Loggo:
Well Reef there is your challenge - you have to get that Globetrotter XXL now and motor around to Rob K to show him.

:laughing: There is no such motor as a Globetrotter XXL. :unamused:

Denis F:

jessicas dad:

[zb] my self laughing :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

cheers denis il have to remember that one :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

( whats the p got to do with [zb] )… :wink: :wink: :wink:

Because the word is p[zb], as in “it’s p[zb] it down with rain” and the censor doesn’t allow it hence why the [zb] pops up.

:bulb:

Compromise, purely because of the context. L.:wink:

Err… That was my point. :stuck_out_tongue:

Tammy:
i passed my test in 87 whilst with a small local haulier who on knowing i had passed took me of the transits and gave me the keys to a leyland roadtrain 6x2 with spicer crash box , running tilts

i’d better go back to my dream now…

Didnt he like you very much? :smiley:

Im starting to get a good idea of your charactor now ROB K …
Not only have you got to stick your two penneth in about my ambitions for the FUTURE !!! but youve also got to pick up on small things like typo’s SIGH!!
for the benifit of ROB K i ammend my previous comment to globetrotter XL !!!
there happy you miserable so and so … :unamused:

Reef:
Im starting to get a good idea of your charactor now ROB K …
Not only have you got to stick your two penneth in about my ambitions for the FUTURE !!! but youve also got to pick up on small things like typo’s SIGH!!
for the benifit of ROB K i ammend my previous comment to globetrotter XL !!!
there happy you miserable so and so … :unamused:

rob is a good laugh what you see is what you get with him he treats everyone the same… like a scab he will see a weakness and pick and pick till you bleed. take it with a pinch of salt.