Connor about for some advice

Trucker Ed:
Im surprised they just didn’t dismiss you last week after going against the risk assessment and causing damage to a building, and must have damaged truck or trailer, and hence saving themselves all this hassle of relocating you or having to fork out for redundancy, somebody there must like you,

They can’t get drivers ,so I guess a bad driver is better than no driver

nightline:
At least if he moves he will have a job, if he stays and refuses to move after them offering him a place elsewhere they will sack him and him being what he is (Re Past Posts) it don’t take much braincells to know what he should do, they wont give him the lump he will end up sacking himself.

They places they’ve offered me are 50 miles minimum from where I live ,I believe as do others that’s isn’t a reasonable distance to travel for a days work ( whether they give you £50 travel allowance or not ) , so I’m not sure how there going too sack me for that ,but that’s there decision at the end of the day ,but they will have a fight on there hands if that the case .
I believe due too where I live ,distances involved in traveling they have only one option with me ,but they don’t seem too want too put there hands in there pocket ,but Friday will be d-day ,I’m not moving ,there will be no trucks / workd at my depot so they then will have to make a decision on me ,hopefully theyl see scense

Goldfinger:
Sounds like the £50 is a ‘carrot’ they hope he jumps at…

It’s been offered too all drivers for one specific depot ,for the ones who live as close to that depot as there existing depot it’s money for nothing to be honest ,there quids in ,but for me it still doesn’t alter the fact it’s a commute of 50 miles to work ,fuel allowance or not it’s too far too do every day so won’t be doing it or any other depot they’ve offerd me ,but some I can’t blame them doing it as it’s basically money for nothing

OK doze, I’ll be serious and stop taking the ■■■■ out of you for a change ( for now anyway :smiley: ) seeing as you have took it in good part.

The same happened to my mate, they shut, or reduced, the Workington depot, paid all the drivers off but offered them alternative employment on Chipliners somewhere near Knutsford (which is a fair hike) presumably thinking (or hoping) nobody would take them up on it.
However my mate called their bluff, the rest jacked. He went for it, traveling down on a Sunday night, and back up on a Friday, and waited to see if anything came up at Carlisle or Lockerbie depots, which were nearer to home.
So it seems to be the done thing with those lot, whether it is a ploy to either cover their arses, sicken you and get shot of you, or whatever else is unclear. If it was me I would try and get redundancy, if only for your record, as if you do much more wrong it could be the excuse they look for to boot you and save cash themselves, and you are left jobless and skint, instead of jobless and weighed in :bulb:

I’m sure it states on Stobarts driver application forms that you must live within 45 minutes of the depot applied for! (It’s written in bold as well). Would that be useful as evidence in a redundancy issue…I. e.them going against their own policy?

Tazbug

robroy:
OK doze, I’ll be serious and stop taking the ■■■■ out of you for a change ( for now anyway :smiley: ) seeing as you have took it in good part.

The same happened to my mate, they shut, or reduced, the Workington depot, paid all the drivers off but offered them alternative employment on Chipliners somewhere near Knutsford (which is a fair hike) presumably thinking (or hoping) nobody would take them up on it.
However my mate called their bluff, the rest jacked. He went for it, traveling down on a Sunday night, and back up on a Friday, and waited to see if anything came up at Carlisle or Lockerbie depots, which were nearer to home.
So it seems to be the done thing with those lot, whether it is a ploy to either cover their arses, sicken you and get shot of you, or whatever else is unclear. If it was me I would try and get redundancy, if only for your record, as if you do much more wrong it could be the excuse they look for to boot you and save cash themselves, and you are left jobless and skint, instead of jobless and weighed in :bulb:

I’m now being told that redundancy is not on the agenda ( even though we were given a letter on 16 th March stating 60 employees were under threat ) , there is work comming ( we were told that in letter of 16 th March ) and since,new trucks ,flats etc ,but this has no materialised yet so they want you too transfer on a temporary basis until the new work ,trucks etc arrive ( I don’t believe it ,I believe they don’t want to pay redundancy so are trying too send you anywhere to cover for there lack of drivers ,with no thought for some of the distance involved for some I.e me ) .
They spoke in letter of 16 th March of a new exciting contract win in local area ( 6 weeks later they can’t tell you anything ) ,2 + weeks ago your doing training on Thursday / fri on flats ,new truck on fri and gone tramping on Monday ,2 weeks later nothing .
So they won’t apparently make me redundant ,I’m expected to transfer and commute 100 miles a day :unamused: ( apparently there going too put some options too me this week ( redundancy not being one ) .
IVe explained I’ts a total waste of time ,I’m not commuting 50 miles ,but I’m available too continue too work out of my own depot ,but as of fri/ sat there will be no trucks ,work at my depot so I can only see one outcome ,even though there saying it’s not on the agenda .
Let’s see what they do this week .
To be honest if it wasn’t for the fact I’d be giving them 12 yrs of redundancy payments I’d of jacked ,maybe that’s the ploy grind you down until you jack like my mate did ,told them they could shove there job and a few home truths ,maybe he’s right but it just doesn’t feel right too me .
Only bit I found funny was my mates suggestion theyl put me on gardening leave until the new work arrive :laughing: :laughing: ,zb me I’m a driver at stobards not a premiership football manager :laughing: .
Well just have too wait and see what happens over the next week ,I’ve just got to stay calm which I’m struggling with to be honest ,thanks for advice

Tazbug:
I’m sure it states on Stobarts driver application forms that you must live within 45 minutes of the depot applied for! (It’s written in bold as well). Would that be useful as evidence in a redundancy issue…I. e.them going against their own policy?

Tazbug

thanks but there( bosses ) are saying they travel 40 miles too work a day so why can’t I ( maybe it’s because I don’t do 9-5 behind a desk ,get a works van and free fuel :unamused: :unamused: :exclamation: :exclamation: .
Well have too see now what this week brings ,maybe there going too kidnap me ,bung me in the back of a van screaming and kicking and then dump me at rugby with no choice but too spend mon - fri sleeping in a tin box :wink: :angry:

dozy:
Well have too see now what this week brings ,maybe there going too kidnap me ,bung me in the back of a van screaming and kicking and then dump me at rugby with no choice

Ha ha ha! Man oh man. Going off your last weeks adventurers anythings possible my old china plate.

Joking aside sounds you may not have huge options if they dig their heels in unless you can afford solicitors etc. Let us know how you get on