Confidence/hesitance

Fingers crossed. A little tip: have a list (preferably written so you dont forget) of issues you want to deal with in the hour. But dont spend too long discussing them otherwise you’ll have hardly any driving!

Best of luck, Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

I had this exact worry when training with PSTT as coming from Norfolk, traffic really doesn’t tend to be a problem living out in the sticks and I honestly have never seen anything like it in terms of the amount of cars parked at sides of roads as there is around Sutton-In-Ashfield where they’re based.

I was panicking about being either too hesitant or over confident and causing a hazard for someone else. You’ve just got to error on the side of caution but not too much. I ended up with 1 minor for hesitation where the examiner said he thought he could have made it bud understood why I held back.

Just remember if you hesitate, it’s a minor whereas if you are over confident and cause someone else to have to take evasive action, it’s an instant fail.

Good luck with it

Thanks JK003, I appreciate the advice mate…let’s see how it goes. I’m a pretty confident driver day to day which I’m sure most of us are going into this type of work.
Like you say, getting used to the area and what’s expected of you on a test I find more troublesome as these little things I’m getting caught up on I know won’t faze me in the slightest as soon as I pass.

Trucker Jimbob:
Thanks JK003, I appreciate the advice mate…let’s see how it goes. I’m a pretty confident driver day to day which I’m sure most of us are going into this type of work.
Like you say, getting used to the area and what’s expected of you on a test I find more troublesome as these little things I’m getting caught up on I know won’t faze me in the slightest as soon as I pass.

I’m having the same problem. I’m thinking of going out to places I’m not a fan of and just getting used to it so I’m not thinking about it. I’m otherwise fairly chill when driving generally. It doesn’t help when other’s lane discipline is non-existent, particularly at roundabouts. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: