Company prefered routes

Our place don’t care which you take if it gets you to the delivery point plus I’m on salary so if I’m sat in traffic then it’s wasting time. I was told when I started to stay off the M1 but I don’t think that rule is or was ever enforced.

in order of personal preference
A40-M50-M5-A46-A45-M45-M1
OR
M4-M5-A46-A45-M45-M1
OR
A40-M50-M5-M42-M6-M1
OR
M4-M5-M42-M6-M1

Evil8Beezle:
This is the advice the basically giving the OP, who probably doesn’t wants advice on how to be like that! :roll
:

How do we know ? He hadnt clarified anything .

He asked for opinions , was given an opinion and no doubr will take away the opinions he identifies with .

But i notice that u , like a bedwetter at a puddle party , r piddling all over the ceiling but not answering if you think these puter paedos who generate routes are going to pay your fines ■■?

I would be first to admit its wise to behave more diplomatically than my good self …

But if these office wallies think u listen to them , they will never shut up .’ oh a willing victim , feel my power 'they think . ’ not even struggling like the kiddies down the swimming pool ’ .

Where as my method ’ ring me moaning and im off home ’ works everytime . in fact i dont answer fone at all anymore . they just text me address and ref no .

Everyones happy now .

They learned their lesson .

And i do wot pleases me mostest .

If they want a different drive im teared up for them . but i think im behind in the queue the 2 plonkers who smashed motors up last week , the 1 who dropped a trailer on its knees , the 1 who ripped a canopy off a warehouse , the 1 who never turned up , the 4 or5 who took illegal breaks/driving time , the god knows how many who are totally clueless and the drive who was sent home for stinking of booze .

Give em an inch and they take a mile …

Give em a smack and it makes me smile

Im with boredwivdrivin.

Where I work now we are aloud to do as we please as long as the work gets done. Normally you get a postcode/street and then you figure out how to get there.

Worked at DHL before an soon realised that ‘blue chip’ company rubbish is not for me.

In containers it’s some times not even down to your employer, the agent can specify a particular route depending on load value… Stick with the route, your on pay’ jobs a good un

boredwivdrivin:
But i notice that u , like a bedwetter at a puddle party , r piddling all over the ceiling but not answering if you think these puter paedos who generate routes are going to pay your fines ■■?

Have you got some sort of gay ■■■■■■■■■■■■■ fetish pal? :wink:
Why would I need to have them pay my fines? Don’t you think I’d check the route myself, as that’s a little presumptuous don’t you think?
I’d also assume that MOST of these designated routes are done day in day out, and are in place to prevent numpties from making up their own routes and coming a cropper. I’ve been in a few situations where the Crap-Nav has tried to direct me into places by the most direct route that doesn’t have restrictions, and I’ve said sod that and called the office for advice. So to me, having that advice or instruction is nice and reassuring. It’s also worth clarifying the difference between advised and instructed route, as from what I understand some corporate companies have instructed routes that must be followed, and if you don’t you’ll be asked to explain why. Where as an advised route is different, and probably there more as an aid to make life easy. And what’s wrong with that? :smiley:
If you don’t want to follow it and know a better route then fine, but if the office expect you to follow a defined route, that’s probably what i’ll do as they pay for my time…

Simples! :smiley:

Adonis.:

DAF95XF:

MrFlibble:
I’d check the map to confirm the height of the bridge on the A420 east of Swindon

It’s about 16ft and as he’s said he’s running at 13 11 then it’ll fit easy :wink:

15’9, just checked the Phillips Atlas! :smiley:

A.

It’s 16ft, I drive to/from work that way everyday :wink:

I’m just left to my own devices for routes. I would not like to be told a specific route, but if I was I reckon I would stick to it, you can sure as hell bet that if something went ■■■■ up on your alternative route, that you would be in the ■■■■.
After saying that, if I disagreed with the instructed route for a good reason, it would do no harm to question it prior to setting out.

DAF95XF:

Adonis.:

DAF95XF:

MrFlibble:
I’d check the map to confirm the height of the bridge on the A420 east of Swindon

It’s about 16ft and as he’s said he’s running at 13 11 then it’ll fit easy :wink:

15’9, just checked the Phillips Atlas! :smiley:

A.

It’s 16ft, I drive to/from work that way everyday :wink:

You are both correct!

I just took a look at the bridge on google maps
google.co.uk/maps/@51.58557 … 312!8i6656

so you have a choice of 16 foot or 4.8metres 4.8m = 15’9"

bizarre but true … LOL

Erm no .

Its a double arch .

1 side is 4.8m or 15’9’ and the other 4.9m or 16’ .

Nothing could be clearer !!

This shows why i never listen to spotty oiks who drive a puter .

If they gave me route in transport office id ask :

How highs my trailer ?

How longs the vehicle ?

Are there any weight limits on route ?

What are my axle weights ?

If any of their answers are wrong id ceremoniously screw their routing up and throw it on floor .

My way…
Or no way .

Take no notice of any twonk that tells you to do your own thing. If you’ve got instructions to go from Plymouth to Redruth via Birmingham, just do it. As has already been said, their fuel, their time, etc. Your arse is covered and the only one’s that look stupid if something goes wrong are them that sent you.

boredwivdrivin:
Erm no .

Its a double arch .

1 side is 4.8m or 15’9’ and the other 4.9m or 16’ .

Nothing could be clearer !!

there is no where it says 4.9 ! take a look at the street view

each arch shows imperial and metric. 16’ and 4.8m
4.8m is 15’9"
whoever designed the sign is an idiot.

Company preffered route?? I’ve never asked, they’ve never ever ever said.

I sometimes wonder if I’ve drifted through this industry like a feather floating across the trenches in WW1, blissfully free of the ties and hammers of modern driving :laughing:

If we’re loaded then we have specific routings to follow, once you’re empty, come back pretty much any way you like.

boredwivdrivin:
This shows why i never listen to spotty oiks who drive a puter .

If they gave me route in transport office id ask :

How highs my trailer ?

How longs the vehicle ?

Are there any weight limits on route ?

What are my axle weights ?

If any of their answers are wrong id ceremoniously screw their routing up and throw it on floor .

My way…
Or no way .

And I thought I was an arrogant arse. :smiley:
With an attitude like yours mate how long do you last in a job?
I am deffo not the most subserviant guy you could meet by any stretch of the imagination, but I would just do as he said,… especially if he was a complete d.head.
My theory is give these knobs enough rope, and they DO eventually hang themselves :bulb: . Do it your way and the d.head ends up hanging you , whilst making himself look like he knows what he is doing. :bulb:

How bloody true.

Thanks for the replies guys sorry for causing a ■■■■■ fight between evil and bored :confused:

CHAINSAW:
Thanks for the replies guys sorry for causing a ■■■■■ fight between evil and bored :confused:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

CHAINSAW:

That’s the norm !!