Company investigation

If you deliberately turn up in a suit on the day of the investigation, thereby showing how seriously you take the accusations, then they can’t expect you to take a lorry out for the day dressed in your Sunday best. This would need you to go home again to change which would be the subject of travelling expenses since you have already reported for work. You will likely end up being sent home with a full day’s pay and a bonus night at home with the family. They make the rules let them live by them.

dozy:

Colin_scottish:
Cool bs story make sure you have your stale sandwhich and orange and all will be fine.

Better be careful here or you’ll be doing a poll on me like the last person who upset you :laughing:

Nope your funny and we know stuff is light hearted and dont act like a god. :laughing:

dozy:
Here’s my truck , you really can’t miss it , I doubt there’s 2 the same , come over and say hello , that’s if you’re brave enough to crawl out from under your rocks :exclamation: , bunch [zb] faggots

Dozy are you on the beer and cider again or just in a mood.Im sure i seen you last wed down near birmingham.

he has gone and no more.the dummy has been spat out,and the toys are well thrown out of the pram…( at least according to his last post in the fire extuingisher topic). somehow i dont think so,but its not like dozy to be posting irelevant pish now.or is it? :confused:

dozy:
I’m not worried about the investigation , I’m just more bothers how with all the evidence avaliable you’d get my name , and then why procedure or not you’d have a investigation if there is one
I’m baffled how it seems depot bloke pretty quickly realised it wasn’t me but bloke who I assumed first got notified by customer just by the sound of it took as gospel , and if you assume bg site sent my name through where did they get it from as I’ve never been on one of those sites

An “investigation” means whatever they want it to mean. I suspect it just means they want to have a sit-down meeting and a Q&A that is formally recorded.

They might have ended up with your name for a variety of reasons. Maybe someone has bungled the handling of the initial complaint and looked at the wrong paperwork to get your name, or maybe they looked at the right paperwork which contained the wrong information. Either way, it wouldn’t say much for your firm’s competence and repute in the eyes of the customer. Or maybe the customer misremembered or relayed the wrong registration number of the vehicle, whose irate driver went speeding off through a cloud of cigarette smoke without leaving his name. Or maybe the guilty driver simply knew your name, and gave yours instead of his own when asked for it.

It’s also worth remembering that many managers are cronies who are desirable to their superiors for their loyalty or obedience, not for their displays of leadership, initiative, or organisational competence, and so the managers who know you personally and who have no suspicions about you, may simply be doing as they are told - the fact that it’s all an inefficient charade is then besides the point for those managers, which is slavish compliance. Other managers are just bull ■■■■■■■■■ who will pretend to be your friend and say “oh yes we know it wasn’t you”, when really they have no strong opinion, don’t know your smoking habits, and whose default approach is to trust nothing they are told by their subordinates.

Or there might just be a genuine reason why they are being thorough and methodical about it - if they intend to dismiss or seriously reprimand the guilty driver without his admission or consent, then they need to ensure that they can show that he’s responsible and nobody else, and that they’ve completely and systematically exonerated other potential suspects who have fallen into the net for whatever reason (and recorded what those other suspects had to say about the allegations).

All in all, I’d relax, happy in the knowledge that somewhere between tacho records, planning sheets, PODs, gate passes, CCTV, your non-smoker status, and so on, there must be an overwhelming amount of evidence to exonerate you of any allegation they choose to put to you, but there’s probably nothing you can do to stop them having a sit-down meeting with you about it, as long as it’s paid time on the clock.

images.png

cav551:
If you deliberately turn up in a suit on the day of the investigation, thereby showing how seriously you take the accusations, then they can’t expect you to take a lorry out for the day dressed in your Sunday best. This would need you to go home again to change which would be the subject of travelling expenses since you have already reported for work. You will likely end up being sent home with a full day’s pay and a bonus night at home with the family. They make the rules let them live by them.

Don’t forget to throw in your insurance doesn’t cover business and going back for the uniform in these circumstances is classed as business use so you’re not insured to do so. That will get them scratching their heads.

You have nothing to worry about so the best way to go is to treat it like they are and bring someone in with you
You are allowed bring anyone you like so pick someone that’s not local
Take it seriously and make sure it costs them money also claim any expenses
Also tell them you are talking to a solicitor because they have made a charge knowing that you are not guilty
I would love to be in your position because i would take them for what i could
It might not seem a big deal but that’s in there eyes and they are not expecting you to put up a fight
It’s all about who talks the best talk on the day

I can sympathise with dozy…its not nice being accused of something you havnt done…and that really gets my back up too…especially when afterwards they say …Sorry we had the wrong driver…so that should be the end…but if it carries on as a further investigation…take the time out…go to their office and every question say " NO COMMENT"…till they get fed up…if they ask whats that all about, tell them you are not under investigation…it was a mistake or whatever…i personally would tell them to do one.

dozy:
Here’s my truck , you really can’t miss it , I doubt there’s 2 the same , come over and say hello , that’s if you’re brave enough to crawl out from under your rocks :exclamation: , bunch [zb] faggots

Will you be visiting us when Rovers play at the DW stadium on Saturday Dozy??

If you’re coming to Wigan, wear your green Stobarts uniform, be in the Red Robin pub near the ground before the match, and me and several other
drivers on here who are Wigan fans…will keep your glass full until kick-off.

We met the legendary John Portsmouth Football Club Westwood a few weeks ago when Pompey visited. Now we want to meet the legendary gashead…
dozy!!

dozy:

Not sure what’s funnier, you having to defend yourself about your own stupidity or you posting up a picture of that pile of Stobart ■■■■ and offering out anyone “brave” enough to talk to you.
Don’t worry boy, I have no intention of going anywhere near the kind of prick that works for Stobarts, if I really wanted to talk to a ■■■■ I can sleep next to the wife with my feet on the pillow.
You just keep posting up your crap and your ■■■■■■■■ pictures, it’s amusing. I didn’t think you were a troll, just an idiot and posting that picture of a concrete pump from a different time of year confirmed it…

Seriously? I can’t stop laughing, “come out from under your rocks you faggots”…tool.

dozy:

e0eb7f9e3c93978b20d36218c49de868.jpg

Norfolkinclue1:

dozy:

Not sure what’s funnier, you having to defend yourself about your own stupidity or you posting up a picture of that pile of Stobart [zb] and offering out anyone “brave” enough to talk to you.
Don’t worry boy, I have no intention of going anywhere near the kind of prick that works for Stobarts, if I really wanted to talk to a [zb] I can sleep next to the wife with my feet on the pillow.
You just keep posting up your crap and your [zb] pictures, it’s amusing. I didn’t think you were a troll, just an idiot and posting that picture of a concrete pump from a different time of year confirmed it…

Seriously? I can’t stop laughing, “come out from under your rocks you faggots”…tool.

That’s a harsh post, anyone reading that would think you know the chap and had a falling out

nightline:

Norfolkinclue1:

dozy:

Not sure what’s funnier, you having to defend yourself about your own stupidity or you posting up a picture of that pile of Stobart [zb] and offering out anyone “brave” enough to talk to you.
Don’t worry boy, I have no intention of going anywhere near the kind of prick that works for Stobarts, if I really wanted to talk to a [zb] I can sleep next to the wife with my feet on the pillow.
You just keep posting up your crap and your [zb] pictures, it’s amusing. I didn’t think you were a troll, just an idiot and posting that picture of a concrete pump from a different time of year confirmed it…

That’s a harsh post, anyone reading that would think you know the chap and had a falling out

Yep, pretty harsh. Don’t know him and wouldn’t want to.
To begin with he was mildly amusing in a Mr Bean way, but more and more crap gets posted, he’s been outed as a troll and since then has been more and more aggressive in his responses to other things.
He recently claimed to be stuck behind a concrete truck and was an arse about it, which was strange as he claims to be on sites all the time and things like this happen all the time, I’ve lost count of the amount of times the brick man has pulled in behind me on a site, put his legs down and started to unload blocking me in, did I cry about it on the internet, nope because it happens on sites, he clearly thinks that working for stobarts makes him important, he even posted a photo of that “incident” that was clearly from a different time of year, so he’s still an idiot.
Now he’s offering people out for having a go at what he’s posting, Christ he’s even posted a picture of his truck and called others on here “faggots” ffs, he needs to get a grip.
I admit I’m being harsh, but frankly he comes across as a shouty little stobart prick, ten a penny in that uniform…