Cheers Malc

Hi Folks
More from Ingleton,

8 wheeler and 6 wheeler Bedfords

Early Low Loader

Lishmans various bedfords and maggies
Cheers Malc.

[/quote]
C’mon Malc get some more of ■■■■ & Davids on the thread you must be sat on “hundreds” Dennis.

C’mon Malc get some more of ■■■■ & Davids on the thread you must be sat on “hundreds” Dennis.
[/quote]
Hi dennis,
I have got 1 or 2 but trying to get some from the younger lads who could afford cameras.
Some from Bentham today,
Henry Slingers restored wagon & drag (now sold )

Used to run fodens & ERFs but his later ones were Scanias,

Now one of Dennis"s ex star drivers ,
Chris Mitton , DAF 85 CF.

Scania & drag with jimmy mcfarlane"s restored foden (now sold)

Cheers Malc.

malc step:

Hi dennis,
I have got 1 or 2 but trying to get some from the younger lads who could afford cameras.
Some from Bentham today,

Cheers Malc.
[/quote]
Chris must have been ashamed to pose in fron’t of his own motor after been photographed in fron’t of a Bewick tractor !!! Dennis.

Bewick:

malc step:

Hi dennis,
Some from Bentham today,

Cheers Malc.

Chris must have been ashamed to pose in fron’t of his own motor after been photographed in fron’t of a Bewick tractor !!! Dennis.
[/quote]
I’m not 100% sure but I think one of these Scanias on the Bewick lowloader could be Chris’s tipper albeit after it had been “Butchered” as it looks to still be in what is suspiciously like WRM livery ( Iv’e washed my mouth out!) after a repaint from Bewick livery. If it is an ex Bewick it is one of a pair that came from West trucks Bristol and I recognised the LYA number plate.If it isn’t it is a close relative!!! Dennis.

malc step:
Hi Dennis,
When i had it from new it could fly but we had to keep topping up with gearbox oil because it blew all the
[zb] out of the breather up the back of the cab, then i got promoted ! and went into the yard/warehouse.

another lineup of motors.

2 quality motors

malc step:
Hi Dennis,
When i had it from new it could fly but we had to keep topping up with gearbox oil because it blew all the
[zb] out of the breather up the back of the cab, then i got promoted ! and went into the yard/warehouse.

another lineup of motors.

2 quality motors

Bewick:

Bewick:

Bewick:

Bewick:

Bewick:

malc step:

A tree in Hornby could not break this 240 b series.LEC 162 T.
Cheers Malc.

Hi Dennis,
Driver Alan Dinsdale Snr was OK ,My company car was this one but we were early pioneers of
container stuffing so it had to go recognize the crane?

Cheers Malc.

Yea Malc I recognise the crane!! It has worked in our yard’s a bit un-loading pulp and new trailers ect!! I also recognise the bloke in the right hand corner of the shot!! What was happening here then was David taking delivery of the Roller or was he shipping it to the “Rag Heads” I thought the two Lads Rolls was metallic Brown? I got to know them when they had Mercs.They used to come to Milthorpe on a Friday night for fish & chips cause they said they were the best! Then they sat and ate them along by Libby’s and then threw the papers out of the Merc windows!! I often pulled up and had a crack with them and it was one of those evenings that they offered me the operation at Ingleton around early 82’ as by this time they reckonded we were decent lads as we had never tried to take any work of them same as them others from Melling/Caton or eleswhere had tried over the years!! Cheers Dennis.

This was our 2nd new B series in August 79 for day and night shifts 8LXB/9509/KHR and you can see it is brand new on Trade Plates and it was a shot I took one morning near Congleton after I had started collecting a batch of new Tautliners that Boalloy were building for us.

And this was the first B series 8LXB we got BEC111S in Aug 77 this one had the twin air stacks at the back of the cab.Pictured here just pulled into the Yard loaded with scrap plate.

This was my favourite little tractor when it was new taken in the yard in Milnthorpe in Jan 76 fleet name “Judy” after my pet dog that I’d had to put to sleep in Oct 75 aged 14 I’d had her since I was 14 and she had been every where with me and never ever wore a collar or was ever on a lead !!!

This Seddon tractor would be a close 2nd to the ERF! It came new in Sept 74 from Longfield Road Motors Darlington and was ■■■■■■■ 220/fuller 610 and a higher geared diff than standard.We fitted all our ■■■■■■■ tractors (apart from the first two which had Kysor shutters) with Dynair fans and in order to fit one to the Seddon the grille had to be fitted an inch or so forward on spacers.It was a cracking tractor and spent its first couple of years or so on double shift it was a real flyer!! It was first driven on nights by the late Mick Wilson who joined Bewick from Nelson’s of Arnside and did I get some stick off the “Queen” Maureen Ross the boss of Nelson’s!!! Happy days Dennis.

Me and my partime job

Gala time in ingleton

Cheers Malc.

Me and my partime job

Gala time in ingleton

Cheers Malc.
[/quote]
Iremember that happening on the bend just out of Hornby.I used to run with our Martin before i left school in the late 70s had a few nights down the road in the A series and the B series.Hauling cheese from West Marton,Appleby and Aspatria.

Bewick:

Bewick:

malc step:

Hi dennis,
Some from Bentham today,

Cheers Malc.

I’m not 100% sure but I think one of these Scanias on the Bewick lowloader could be Chris’s tipper albeit after it had been “Butchered” as it looks to still be in what is suspiciously like WRM livery ( Iv’e washed my mouth out!) after a repaint from Bewick livery. If it is an ex Bewick it is one of a pair that came from West trucks Bristol and I recognised the LYA number plate.If it isn’t it is a close relative!!! Dennis.
[/quote]
I didn’t have the heart to put this “heap” on the Bewick thread so I thought ah! there’s a few “funnies” on the A65 thread I’ll stick it on there among it’s friends!! A buffalo Demo we ran for a bit in 76/77 just back in the yard from Aintree with a load of D/A’s for Whitehaven.The driver was the late Roy “Bull” Davies and he has obviously gone into the traffic office to ask when he can go back onto a Scania!!! Dennis.

Hi Folks,
Skipton way tonight,
Old Maggie dumpbody driven by simon watkinson

Willy Taylors with early Roadtrain driven by philip watkinson

Tidy F12 Watkinson of Skipton

Websters of Threshfield 8 wheeler DAF 2300s

Cheers Malc

malc step:
Hi Folks,
Skipton way tonight,
Old Maggie dumpbody driven by simon watkinson

Willy Taylors with early Roadtrain driven by philip watkinson

Tidy F12 Watkinson of Skipton

Websters of Threshfield 8 wheeler DAF 2300s

Cheers Malc

Does this shot qualify for the A65 thread Malc as it was near skipton somewhere and was taken by my youngest brother who was the mate on the 60 ft long load.Dennis.

G’day Malc,
Some cracking old motors on here mate,I really like the Sed Atki 400 day cab six wheeler tractor of J Taylor.
Anyway mate I thought you might be interested in these two pics,taken in Glasgow at the fruit market in May 1989,looks like loaded with spuds. I was only 14 and remember the driver being an easy going bloke who had no problems with me taking the photo.
I only looked at this thread for the first time today and it’s the first time I’ve ever seen anymore of Bradshaw’s waggons,good old "Trucknet’ hey.
I see that it’s the same '88 that you posted a pic of earlier.

Cheers Jamie

I think my dad used to load these spuds off Heysham docks when he worked for R.H.Holmes, they were Cypus Spuds, apparently they smelt awful!

Ste Burrow:
I think my dad used to load these spuds off Heysham docks when he worked for R.H.Holmes, they were Cypus Spuds, apparently they smelt awful!

They used to be “running” out of the bags before the Crisp makers bought them Steve!!! it really was “s**t” traffic ( wouldn’t touch it with a “barge” pole at Bewick’s).Cheers Dennis.

That sounds about right Dennis. They used to take the good ones to Seabrooks at Bradford who would check every pallet. The crap ones were taken to either Smith crisps (before the Walkers take over) or Bensons. Easiest tip possible as the spuds used to walk off the trailers them selves!! My dad once delivered to a fruit and veg firm and asked if he could have replacement pallets in place of the ones they would get when the forklifting them off as Richard Holmes would supply some good pallets for this job. When the yard lad returned with some grotty rotten pallets my dad told em where to go as they would end up with some good pallets and started to throw them off onto the ground splitin a few bags on the way sayin “I’;ve bloody handballed 'em on I’ll hand ball 'em off!”. In the end they found some good pallets to take back!

NZ JAMIE:
G’day Malc,
Some cracking old motors on here mate,I really like the Sed Atki 400 day cab six wheeler tractor of J Taylor.
Anyway mate I thought you might be interested in these two pics,taken in Glasgow at the fruit market in May 1989,looks like loaded with spuds. I was only 14 and remember the driver being an easy going bloke who had no problems with me taking the photo.
I only looked at this thread for the first time today and it’s the first time I’ve ever seen anymore of Bradshaw’s waggons,good old "Trucknet’ hey.
I see that it’s the same '88 that you posted a pic of earlier.

Cheers Jamie

Hi Jamie
Driver might have been this young chap Les Ely now works for Bibbys of Ingleton
he is bringing me some photos so i will ask him if your description is correct!!

Cheers Malc

Hi Folks,
Two from Ingleton,
R178 LFV DAF CF85 360 Eaton Twin Splitter/Double Drive.
Driven by John Slinger.

SL 03 DAF. DAF CF340 (Chipped to 400+) 16speed zf /Double Drive.
Driven by Steve Lister then John Slinger.

Cheers Malc.

come on there must be more!!! :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

yappie:
come on there must be more!!! :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Sorry JR thats it!!! They are all stacked up in a yard on White Lund!!! Dennis.

Bewick:

yappie:

Hi Dennis and JR,
Must be no one else want to show their prized photos so here goes,

A young Martin Haston in VWU 333L 180 Gardner

RYG 999M 220 ■■■■■■■ driver Dennis Stephenson

New YORK Boxvan arriving new from Northallerton

Dont look at the sheets Dennis just admire Ingleborough and Yorkshire Dales nothing as good up
your way !!!.
Cheers Malc.

malc step:

Bewick:

yappie:

Hi Dennis and JR,

Dont look at the sheets Dennis just admire Ingleborough and Yorkshire Dales nothing as good up
your way !!!.
Cheers Malc.

Well done Malc!! all action shots but you are quite right the quality of the sheets not to mention the actual sheeting and roping does leave something to be desired!!! If we had taken over D& R F H. we would have given you all a crash course in the “Art”!!!But I know you lads used to fight over who got to pull the vans!!! Anyway we had Farleton Knott !! not as high as Ingleborough but nice to look at all the same!! My harness horses used to be trained over Farleton Knott and old Bill Waggett would never believe us that the horses were rode over the Knott!! Dennis.

Bewick:

malc step:

Bewick:

yappie:

Hi Dennis and JR,

your way !!!.
Cheers Malc.

Well done Malc!! all action shots but you are quite right the quality of the sheets not to mention the actual sheeting and roping does leave something to be desired!!! If we had taken over D& R F H. we would have given you all a crash course in the “Art”!!!But I know you lads used to fight over who got to pull the vans!!! Anyway we had Farleton Knott !! not as high as Ingleborough but nice to look at all the same!! My harness horses used to be trained over Farleton Knott and old Bill Waggett would never believe us that the horses were rode over the Knott!! Dennis.

Bewick:

Bewick:

malc step:

Bewick:

yappie:

Hi Dennis and JR,

your way !!!.
Cheers Malc.