Common sense policing goes out the window?

tommy t:
Police acted correctly and did show common sense IMO the stupid bint should not behind the wheel if she doesn’t know how to drive, and as for i speaky no English or i no understand she had studied in Sheffield so was trying it on, and it backfired , they question is would they of let you off? no, is the likely result, although if you where of Islamic appearance they probably would let you off they are common purpose police,
As for them holding her in a police cell until the court hearing, which is what they should always do if you do not have an address in the uk and do not have the means to pay at the time, otherwise these offenders would just leave the uk and not return

If we get caught by the German plod speeding or overtaking when we shouldn’t they expect the money there and then and will park you up and take your passport and paperwork until you do pay, if you was a tourist and said you couldn’t pay, i very much doubt they would let you go with a ticket, never to be seen again

Totally agree, about time the police got tough just like they do in Europe, if she doesn’t like it she can always go back to china where if you tried the same thing they’ll probably lock you up never to be seen again.

It would seem fairer if traffic offences were split into (A) “something that can imminently kill someone” resulting in an arrest/confiscation of vehicle or (B) some minor traffic rule broken like setting off a speed camera, driving under a red ‘x’, or parking under a motorway bridge), in which case a fine can be handed out.

No minimum speed limits on any UK motorways, no 50 mph warnings. The old signs used to say “no L Drivers except HGV, now it says no provisional licences for motorcycles or cars. No motorcycles under 50cc

Winseer:
It would seem fairer if traffic offences were split into (A) “something that can imminently kill someone” resulting in an arrest/confiscation of vehicle or (B) some minor traffic rule broken like setting off a speed camera, driving under a red ‘x’, or parking under a motorway bridge), in which case a fine can be handed out.

Got to disagree strongly with your assertion that driving under a red X is a minor traffic offence mate.

the maoster:

Winseer:

Got to disagree strongly with your assertion that driving under a red X is a minor traffic offence mate.

+1
It may be planned roadworks ahead with cones and lights.

It may be nun’s unlit bus just broken down spilling orphaned kittens onto the carriageway.
There may be problems with"crying wolf" false alerts, but red cross means closed.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

the maoster:

Winseer:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Well, I guess I could add that the perp is likely to BE a ‘Minor’ - there’s that!

Winseer:

the maoster:

Winseer:

Well, I guess I could add that the perp is likely to BE a ‘Minor’ - there’s that!

As long as they’re not a miner. We all know what happens when THEY get mentioned on here!

weeto:
Dumfries and Galloway police will also sling you in the cells if the courts are closed, if they catch you exceeding 60mph in a truck on the A75, under is a fixed penalty, my 1 and only speeding ticket was for 58mph on the 75 in the 90s.

^^^^^^^
ive got away with a few offences there by showing my irish licence and seeing if they can be bothered or even know that they should arrest me till the court opens again.
if your not arrested then wait for a cpl weeks and inform them that your not handing over your licence to have points as theres no requirement for the uk to be able to take possession of your irish licence as points cant be added,hence they cant take the fine without the points being issued.
its a bit of a can of worrms to wrigge out of even if your just flagged by the camera van.
worst case scenario is you just get a bigger fine without the points.
at that point a head honcho plod from d&g will inform you that they are dropping it as the cops that stopped you should have arrested you.
end of,and no fine or points.
the traffic cops are a bit more informed and it usually depends on how well you read them along with not failing the attitude test.
the same works in reverse showing your uk licence to the irish guards though they generally dont give a monkeys in the 1st place…

dieseldog999:

weeto:
Dumfries and Galloway police will also sling you in the cells if the courts are closed, if they catch you exceeding 60mph in a truck on the A75, under is a fixed penalty, my 1 and only speeding ticket was for 58mph on the 75 in the 90s.

^^^^^^^
ive got away with a few offences there by showing my irish licence and seeing if they can be bothered or even know that they should arrest me till the court opens again.
if your not arrested then wait for a cpl weeks and inform them that your not handing over your licence to have points as theres no requirement for the uk to be able to take possession of your irish licence as points cant be added,hence they cant take the fine without the points being issued.
its a bit of a can of worrms to wrigge out of even if your just flagged by the camera van.
worst case scenario is you just get a bigger fine without the points.
at that point a head honcho plod from d&g will inform you that they are dropping it as the cops that stopped you should have arrested you.
end of,and no fine or points.
the traffic cops are a bit more informed and it usually depends on how well you read them along with not failing the attitude test.
the same works in reverse showing your uk licence to the irish guards though they generally dont give a monkeys in the 1st place…

Two licences?
Obviously talking about yourself in one instance and a hypothetical “mate” in the other.

I s’pose you could have a real mate though…
[emoji3]

ways and means my good man…you just need a bit of initiative. :wink:

as far as having friends,
its easier looking at the others sad lifetime of solitude and self abuse friends on here when they are all multiple accounting themselves to death on here,then denying it… :unamused:

I wish they had been there when I followed a potatoe bulker last Saturday for five miles doing 30 mph, and I thought that chips were fast food.

Captain Caveman 76:

Winseer:

the maoster:

Winseer:

As long as they’re not a miner. We all know what happens when THEY get mentioned on here!

A bitcoin miner, that steals any money you didn’t even know you had on your machine…

“If a tree falls down, and no one was there to hear it - did it make a sound? What are your thoughts?” ‘What a Prat.’"

Winseer:
“If a tree falls down, and no one was there to hear it - did it make a sound? What are your thoughts?” ‘What a Prat.’"

I’m not sure if the prat comment was aimed at me, but I’ll take it on the chin.

As for the falling tree, I’m reminded of the dual split light experiment where a single photon of light is fired towards a barrier with two splits in it. If the photon isn’t watched, it goes through both splits simultaneously (proven by the interference pattern on the other side). If the photon is observed, it only goes through one split (proven by the lack of interference pattern). So if the tree was in a quantum forest, it really would depend on whether anyone was around, whether or not the tree made a noise.

Oh, almost forgot. The reason I came back to this thread.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … ts-5332443

Zero tolerance approach to speeding motorists. Talk about being out of touch with the real world!

Captain Caveman 76:

Winseer:

I’m not sure if the prat comment was aimed at me, but I’ll take it on the chin.

As for the falling tree, I’m reminded of the dual split light experiment where a single photon of light is fired towards a barrier with two splits in it. If the photon isn’t watched, it goes through both splits simultaneously (proven by the interference pattern on the other side). If the photon is observed, it only goes through one split (proven by the lack of interference pattern). So if the tree was in a quantum forest, it really would depend on whether anyone was around, whether or not the tree made a noise.

Oh, almost forgot. The reason I came back to this thread.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … ts-5332443

Zero tolerance approach to speeding motorists. Talk about being out of touch with the real world!

Nice intro to the “observer effect”.
Could take it further maybe?
If coppers say they are going to be observing you, wouldn’t that affect your behaviour? Wouldn’t you drive better?
Quantum Physics, Behavioural Psychology, Policing Policy in a Democratic Society plus the Daily Mail ! Summat for everyone here.

I came up the M18 yesterday and the overhead gantries told me there were pedestrians in road, from the M1 to the A1M there was nothing and the Gantry then showed END