Common sense at last

robroy:
Had the dubious pleasure of Tesco Livingston today. :unamused:
Last time I was there was around March, when all this Covid cack was kicking off.
Was told to take a seat in their ‘driver’s lounge’ :open_mouth:
Thought this ain’t right, so I asked the girl behind the desk (very tactfully and politely without getting kicked out) if she thought it was right that we should be sat in close proximity with [zb] knows who,.and whatever they may have picked up.
Was told she agreed with me, they all felt the same, but had been told to carry on as normal.

Anyhoo went in today, the luxury chairs had all gone, (result in it’s self) I handed my keys in, and I was told to go back to cab. :sunglasses:

2 questions.
Why tf has it took a [zb] pandemic for the most obvious and convenient choice of waiting to be adapted?
And.
You can sure as hell bet no kittens will be harmed by drivers sat in their cab, so …
Is this going to be permanent after we get back to normality?

A nice change for common sense to prevail somewhere, and to be treated like a [zb] grown up for a change.

Then get the arse pieces that have granny meetings in the yard , on the phone in between the trailers for an hour while getting tipped at the same time having a look under the curtain to see how long its going to take etc etc . Ive only been in the game a few years and only know handing keys in and waiting rooms so the pandemic has kind been a relief . I can rest properly , drink my own coffee have something to eat and relax but will be back to square one when this blows over .

All Tesco depots I’ve been to for the last god knows how many weeks have allowed us to sit in the passenger seat of the truck, so clearly they were going against the grain of every other Tesco depot.

But sadly at some point it will come to an end and be back to sitting in their grotty waiting rooms for hours on end.

Same with everyone going online CPC is here to stay and that’s already being reduced to only be able to x amount of hours online according to a post I read on here.

biggriffin:
You just know, when this bat flu finishes, they will revert back to, making us all sit in the cell again, because the chief ELF will be looking to show that he’s doing a worthwhile job. Sainsbury’s make you sit in the passenger seat, but the elf hasn’t worked out that some trucks are LHD, Doh!

This isn’t going to finish and many of these new practices will become permanent

switchlogic:

biggriffin:
You just know, when this bat flu finishes, they will revert back to, making us all sit in the cell again, because the chief ELF will be looking to show that he’s doing a worthwhile job. Sainsbury’s make you sit in the passenger seat, but the elf hasn’t worked out that some trucks are LHD, Doh!

This isn’t going to finish and many of these new practices will become permanent

And it just goes to show how flawed their risk assessments were that stated we had to be herded in like cattle because all of a sudden we’re safe now to sit in etc.

I wish we had the statistics for roll aways with cab attatched and trailer only nose dives while on the dock, I’m sure it would make interesting reading.

biggriffin:
Sainsbury’s make you sit in the passenger seat, but the elf hasn’t worked out that some trucks are LHD, Doh!

Its still a passenger side even if it’s on the right

ianto:
May i be so kind as to ask MR cgscott where do you please deliver to ?

I please deliver to a few places as it happens. When i drove big things with big wheels i used to have to sit and wait in big thing with big wheels as well. Was very annoying. Now i dont.

idrive:

msgyorkie:

ianto:

Old cupboards to the local refuse site in his van.

And then to the bank to deliver his bags full of white van cash that he makes

Any cash transactions are not declared to taxman. Any good business man knows this. Keep trucking drive beep beep

cgscott:

ianto:

I please deliver to a few places as it happens. When i drove big things with big wheels i used to have to sit and wait in big thing with big wheels as well. Was very annoying. Now i dont.

Did you used to drive big trucks? :open_mouth:
I didn’t know that…You’ve never mentioned that to us before.
:wink: :laughing:

I REALLY hope that one of the many brainless blagged Class 1 inept f/whits that currently live and work amongst us, do not make an epic balls up during all this, maybe by letting the handbrake off on a bay or something :unamused: …,
Or one of you heart attack d/head crew keep pestering tf out of the rdc office every 5 minutes, wanting to get tipped and away, …as you ain’t got a minute to spare . :unamused:

If that happens it will be vastly publicised, and jumped on immediately in order to give them the excuse they want/need to get back to treating us like crap interred in a ■■■■ holding pen. :bulb:

So be warned, and don’t play into their hands.
I don’t do rdc.s that often (thank Christ) but if/when I do, it’s much more convenient relaxing in the comfort of my own cab.

DAF95XF:
Sainsbury’s at Waltham Point make you put a padlock on the red airline after removal and sit in the passenger seat, where the hell am I going after the red airlines been taken off anyway?

Box jockey taking a trailer off one of the bays in the yard I’m currently sat in. Couples up, tug test, then (trailer brake still on) gives it a bit more gas and pulls it far enough forward to allow him to close the doors. OK, he’s hardly going to drive up the road like that, but it was easily far enough to seriously injure a forkie if they happened to be going in/out of the trailer at the time.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

robroy:
I REALLY hope that one of the many brainless blagged Class 1 inept f/whits that currently live and work amongst us, do not make an epic balls up during all this, maybe by letting the handbrake off on a bay or something :unamused: …,
Or one of you heart attack d/head crew keep pestering tf out of the rdc office every 5 minutes, wanting to get tipped and away, …as you ain’t got a minute to spare . :unamused:

If that happens it will be vastly publicised, and jumped on immediately in order to give them the excuse they want/need to get back to treating us like crap interred in a [zb] holding pen. :bulb:

So be warned, and don’t play into their hands.
I don’t do rdc.s that often (thank Christ) but if/when I do, it’s much more convenient relaxing in the comfort of my own cab.

I think you posted that because you know it’s going to happen… :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

^^^^^^^^^
You got it in one. :smiley:
Just hope the idiots on here who are likely to do it, also get it, read it, and digest it…although I doubt if they will be that intelligent to cotton on. :unamused:

Same when I go off on one on here (quite often :blush: ) about those Roger Hunts who cut in on you during overtaking, my no1 pet hate :imp: , …it’s because if I can get through to just ONE d/head, it will be worth it if he stops doing it.

Screwfix are now allowing you in the p/s of your cab whilst on tip. Surely their RDC clerks prefer it this way as well. For me, sad as it sounds, the less interaction with fellow drivers the better.

I find most of you really dull , I don’t care about your European jaunts of yesteryear back when it was “a proper job”, or what money your making, some of you stink, and theirs always without fail one who has difficulty breathing or just chooses to do so loudly as poss. :neutral_face:

ZB am I walking back to the cab , it can be miles if your on a bay at the top of the yard at livingstone , you can see on screen how far within reason they are with tipping but still make them aware ( good old moan ) that they need to get me tipped like now as I’ve only normally got a hour to spare when I arrive , also get d/l to get on there backs to get me out of there , worst I’ve had is chucked in bus stop lay-by just down road with 3 mins to spare
Hope all this is ok with you rob !!!

dozy:
ZB am I walking back to the cab , it can be miles if your on a bay at the top of the yard at livingstone , you can see on screen how far within reason they are with tipping but still make them aware ( good old moan ) that they need to get me tipped like now as I’ve only normally got a hour to spare when I arrive , also get d/l to get on there backs to get me out of there , worst I’ve had is chucked in bus stop lay-by just down road with 3 mins to spare

Aye, fine with me doze, especially as you’ve just illustrated my point a couple of posts ago. :neutral_face:
(You’ve ironically missed the words ‘Common sense’ in the title I note. :smiley: )

I know you’re on a wind up btw tut tut,. :smiley: … but I’ll answer (and humour you) by saying
If I was planned to go in there with just an hour to spare, (ignoring the fact I wouldn’t be daft enough to go in anyway) , I’d be ringing a planner to tell him to sort it as it could not be done,
Tip Tesco Liv, AND find somewhere SUITABLE to park up for the night in an hour ■■ :open_mouth: yeh right. :unamused:
I mean, who tf would be idiot enough to try and even achieve it :unamused: …oh hang on a minute.
:laughing:

I know but I’m trying rob , got myself a lay-by tonight with some nice tarmac , trees & fields , was heading back to depot , free food , shower , but planning cow said no I don’t want you to as you’ll loose your empty trailer for the morning , just going to drown my sorrows now

A25B0CE1-7CD2-4EFE-8018-3382E1ABED44.jpeg

A vast improvement on the lay-bys I normally frequent

7039AF2C-8B6A-43B8-BB79-7CC6CE510A4C.jpeg

dozy:
I know but I’m trying rob , got myself a lay-by tonight with some nice tarmac , trees & fields , was heading back to depot , free food , shower , but planning cow said no I don’t want you to as you’ll loose your empty trailer for the morning , just going to drown my sorrows now

You sure know how to live :smiley:

dozy:

Instead of turning left out the gate and parking up along by Fyffes, phoning a takeaway and relaxing. :unamused:

That would require thinking, something that obviously causes you insufferable pain going by how little of it you do.

Think of how much the supply driver’s job would now improve - if one got to stay in cab, and therefore also able to take breaks on bays, etc… forever i.e no rolling back to the bad old system

• Sitting down in the cooler for 2-3 hours with all the other hairy-arsed… People in there, sharing one’s germs, not being able to book a proper break due to lack of amenities, and then needing to take a proper break on the service road, getting moaned at etc etc

If you’ve got your wagon on a bay, IMMOBILIZED ffs - then what was EVER the danger of “sitting in your cab”, even on the passenger side, as is common practice these days?

…If it’s H&S you’re worried about, I’d like to see an end to this practice of close-aligned bays, where shunters routinely back a trailer when you’re visibly down the side, or on the catwalk.

They’ve noted you there, but are in this rush-rush-rush hurry presumably, that they cannot wait a few moments for you to emerge from the side of the truck, having just immobilized it, dropped legs, etc…

Are full time shunters some kind of “failed driver” rank where those who’ve lost their licences go to be “put out to pasture” or something?