Comfortable driving

I used to have a toy for weekends. My prized limited edition Mk2 MR2.

Had to get a runabout as I didn’t like parking it on the yard at work.

Totally lost interest in it after I started driving trucks. Pretty much gave it away after it had been stood 12 months. Don’t think I ever drove it after I passed my class 2.

If I’d was able to use the truck as a runabout, I’d probably never bother with anything else.

mazzer:

robert1952:
I feel more comfortable driving a lorry than a car. I drive a car like a lorry anyway, as some of my passengers have noticed! Robert :laughing:

LOL often get this off the girlfriend leave to much room from the vehicle in front or take it easy between traffic lights soon get the “you’re not driving your lorry now and just us get home”

Lol i had my old man my mrs and kids in the car the other day, my old man said you can tell your a loŕry driver turning in late using all the rd etc. He then said dont worry i aint drove a heavy for a few yrs and still drive like it now. I think auto pilot kicks in. Like a prat the other morning came out of work slowed down for the island saw a gap without missing a beat dropped it done into 1st eeccccckkkkkk i thought wtf that aint 5!!!

NOVE:
I used to have a toy for weekends.

If I’d was able to use the truck as a runabout, I’d probably never bother with anything else.

What’s your name, Chris Eubank?

bertiebus:

m1cks:
Didn’t take me too long but I got into driving HGVS at an early age. More than a week off of work and it takes about 30 minutes to get back into it again.
It’s second nature, so much so that quite often I go to use the exhaust brake in my car without realising.

+1 often go to click the exhaust brake on in the car much to the wifes amusement. As its radio mute button in the car

Reaching up towards the radio on car dash for the handbrake is a common one i do haha. Cars feel weird after 4-8 weeks in a truck lol

NOVE:
I used to have a toy for weekends. My prized limited edition Mk2 MR2.

Had to get a runabout as I didn’t like parking it on the yard at work.

Totally lost interest in it after I started driving trucks. Pretty much gave it away after it had been stood 12 months. Don’t think I ever drove it after I passed my class 2.

“I want to be a truck driver because I love driving”

Yeah mate, that’ll be something that ends. Doesn’t take long before you get to the point that because you’re out all week, on a weekend all you want to do is stay at home. Remember once the wife wanted to go for a long weekend to a caravan park at Ayr. “That’ll make a nice change for you love” she said, all enthusiastic that she’d found somewhere we could go which wasn’t somewhere I’d been in a truck. “Not really” I reply, “I used to deliver to a meat packers just outside of Ayr a couple of times a week at one point.” She now no longer tries. :smiley:

stupidn00b:

bertiebus:

m1cks:
Didn’t take me too long but I got into driving HGVS at an early age. More than a week off of work and it takes about 30 minutes to get back into it again.
It’s second nature, so much so that quite often I go to use the exhaust brake in my car without realising.

+1 often go to click the exhaust brake on in the car much to the wifes amusement. As its radio mute button in the car

Reaching up towards the radio on car dash for the handbrake is a common one i do haha. Cars feel weird after 4-8 weeks in a truck lol

Got another good one. When wife drives my car she allways goes for the key to switch off. Trouble is mines keyless .

I was thrown in at the deep end as a newbie and straight out on a Foden with the twin splitter when I was 21. I’d say it took me a good few months to master everything but take your time and stick with it and you’ll get there :wink:

Had my licence 25years now, seen so many places, made some good friends along the way and I still love the job…it’s what you make it :slight_smile: