Close Call

Bluey Circles:
Thought I would try and put some speeds on it…

You should invite ROG and his wife round yours and re-enact the incident in your living room using an armchair and a sofa.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Contraflow:

Bluey Circles:

You should invite ROG and his wife round yours and re-enact the incident in your living room using an armchair and a sofa.

:grimacing:

This happened to me the other night.

Canute’s finest.

youtu.be/DMJk1ycurTM

Bloody hell I wouldn’t of reversed. Fair doos to the driver for letting you through.

ThrustMaster:

Canute’s finest.

youtu.be/DMJk1ycurTM

You watching Squirrel Nuts?

ThrustMaster:

Canute’s finest.

youtu.be/DMJk1ycurTM

A66 just a couple of miles east of Kirkby Thore by any chance?

ThrustMaster:

Canute’s finest.

youtu.be/DMJk1ycurTM

you playing world of warships too?

Contraflow:

Bluey Circles:

class, so dam class :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bluey Circles:
Thought I would try and put some speeds on it, slowed it down to a frame by frame and timed the white lines (almost certainly 9m apart) I reckon he was on his limiter at 56 and was brought down to 29mph.

I made a little graph to look at his braking, his initial braking would have given a stopping distance(56mph to Zero) of 82m but his braking own to 29 if extended would have given more like122m. what would he be capable of from 56mph ? 56m ?

i know, I’m going mad in my retirement … LOL

Dont gorget on a empty Lorry the Wheel Lock-ABS opens Brake (Wheel not braked0 and brakes again.
In some circumstances a empty Lorry has a longer stopping Distance then a Part-loaded. (Dont count on it)

In that Case a 2 Times High to the Dash-Board Cameras

Supatramp:
Why on earth were both the BMW and the lorry travelling in the middle lane of three, when the inside lane was absolutely clear■■? They should be booked!

What are you watching?? They were both overtaking the camera vehicle. :open_mouth:

Dipper_Dave:
Bloody hell I wouldn’t of reversed. Fair doos to the driver for letting you through.

I’m guessing he reversed as he couldn’t see the traffic signal from where he was, so was planning to reverse behind the one that was stopped.

But what a muppet, I’m guessing he wasn’t paying attention to the signs at 800, 600, 400, 300, 200 and 100 yards and thought the other truck was stopped for no reason.
I’ve had it happen a few times by cars, last time I had waved an ambulance on blue lights past me when the oncoming traffic had cleared and the van behind the ambulance followed it until he spotted the red light.