Cleanest and dirtiest driving jobs you've done

Hiya…the cleanest …new trailers… always new tyres and all the lights working
…the dirtest is Carbon Black…it dos’nt smell…even if your windows are closed the black gets in your cab
and you get a black mark under your nose where you’ve breathed in the dust… wait you’ve not got out of the cab yet

there was a aluminum paste i carried at one time…the kegs was closed but some spillage had got onto a keg.
for some reason i had a touch of this paste so it was on my finger then on my jeans i must have scratched my
head it was there this s…ty stuff was every where and i only started with one small spot on a finger

MysonVinnie:
I am currently on a contract with the walking floor moving rotting landfill waste from south London up to Manchester! It stinks, I get covered in crap, and I can’t get rid of the smell!!

Aye well, I drive a wrecker, so when you blow the diff on that landfill site, spare a thought for the guy that has to roll round under your truck loading it onto an underlift!

On the other hand, recovering Astons is a nice clean job.

Cleanest was on a euro job I had, never had to get in the trailer, sealed at both ends - lovely.

Dirtiest was when I owned the dump trucks, 2 Moxy 6x6 and a Cat 777, constantly working in wet mud or clay - yuk!

the cleanest is what i do now i guess, and the dirtiest was when i was on the bulk, either picking up chicken ■■■■ from farms or possibly PK expellars (i think it was) or fishmeal in bulk

Fishmeal, now that is yukky stuff :cry:

I carry Carbon Black fairly regularly, it’s in ton bags, but there’s always a little bit in the trailers, I get it washed out, but there’s a problem with that, 99% of truckwashes won’t go near it. I sometimes sweep it out, like standing in the plant when being unloaded, you get black bogies for a couple of hours after, the blokes that work with it everyday must have some seriously black insides.

cleanest av done is containers , am on tautliners now an if ya good ya can keep clean :wink:

dirtiest, done a stint on the bulkers hauling fishmeal/soya it got everywere no matter how careful ya was

the cleanest driving job iv done is delivering blocks foam the dirtiest is the one iv been doin for 5 years on and of is takin househould waste all over the country even have the plesure of sewage waste from time to time . :blush:

mark h:
cleanest av done is containers , am on tautliners now an if ya good ya can keep clean :wink:

dirtiest, done a stint on the bulkers hauling fishmeal/soya it got everywere no matter how careful ya was

Second week on curtainsiders last week rotten this week fairly clean. Luck of the draw on some jobs but a bit of practice is a big help.

Cleanest was probably running for Royal Mail from Crewe to Holyhead everday with the Irish mail, that was back in the 80s.

Dirtiest possibly now on bulk blowers delivering feed to farms with the possible exeption of when we used to deliver wet hides to Italy in tilt trailers.

Once parked up on a Saturday afternoon in the summer at a services near Allessandria, the fat and blood and salt was dripping all down both sides of the trailer, didnt however seem to bother the two Portugese chaps parked next to me that were cooking their breakfast from the trailer boxes :open_mouth:

kr79:

mark h:

Second week on curtainsiders last week rotten this week fairly clean. Luck of the draw on some jobs but a bit of practice is a big help.

yer some jobs i can get dirty on while strappin up the load or the trailer is filthy an wet but if you keep your body away when pulling curtains back etc an be careful when doin buckles you should be fine

MysonVinnie:
I am currently on a contract with the walking floor moving rotting landfill waste from south London up to Manchester! It stinks, I get covered in crap, and I can’t get rid of the smell!!

The cleanest for me was containers full of dried fruit!

where /to who are you running to in manchester

Well,…
Did ya ever delivery to Farmers in the Alps?When Road runs out and just two Lines Gravel? :grimacing:

dirtiest ;
injecting seweage & or abbatoire waste with a tractor & tanker & currently bulk blower work if you dont get it right ! lots of cow muck about :smiling_imp:

cleanest ;
milk liners & ANC parcels trunking

dirtiest. toss up between, tippers (fishmeal, coal, black oxide, pk etc), timber crane or chipliners. oh possibly fridges for stobarts/innovate out of larkhall. muddiest stinking yard in existence.

cleanest. when we get ‘punished’ and sent to do tesco work.

DIRTIEST…picking up dead chickens on a weekly basis from companies farms. Liquid running out the bags and maggots by the million. I refused to handle them at the finish and got two mental lads out the factory who came dressed in trainers and never even noticed the most horrible smell I

DIRTIEST…picking up dead chickens on a weekly basis from companies farms. Liquid running out the bags and maggots by the million. I refused to handle them at the finish and got two mental lads out the factory who came dressed in trainers and never even noticed the most horrible smell I have ever smelt in my life. One guy puked up into the mask they gave him. The two head cases used to throw the ■■■■■■■ things at each other and were covered in stinking, rotting, horrible bits of well decomposed chickens. YUCK, YUCK ■■■■■■■ YUCK!

CLEANEST…Loads of unused new bog rolls from Kimberly-Clark.

just thinking about that smell made me go weak at the knees and I fell on the keyboard and passed out for two hours.hence the double and a half posts…

collecting slaugtherhouse waste,weeks old for stannard &klien ltd of romford in about 1978 my first driving job!!
they had a boiling plant on the outskirts of romford that you could smell miles away!! :smiley: :astonished: