Class 2 part time work

idrive:
It’s my understanding that when getting a first LGV license, you only need to take the theory and walk around tests for CPC to be able to work. You are then covered for the next 5 years and do not need to do any hours based training within this 5 years…

You do initial LGV mod 2 theory at the theory test centre then do the mod 4 practical test at the practical test centre
Passing those covers you for the first 5 years

During those first 5 years you need to do 35 hours periodic attendance training to cover you for a further 5 years then during those further 5 years you need to do 35 hours periodic attendance training to cover you for a further 5 years etc etc

Thanks Rog, that’s what I thought

I’m I right in thinking a part 1 theory test is not required for a driver with a C1 licence. Just Part 2 theory and part 4.

Johnbo:
I’m I right in thinking a part 1 theory test is not required for a driver with a C1 licence. Just Part 2 theory and part 4.

If you got C1 by passing the C1 LGV test then no but if you got C1 by passing car test before 1997 then yes you have to do the theory test parts 1a + 1b