Class 1 Training

Retest today !! Fsiled…again . This time I got the reverse exercise done without a problem. Had a decent drive .Unfortunately on one left hander I clipped the kerb ,my one and only serious .Gutted, but there ya go, what you gonna do? 3rd time lucky hopefully.Bit miffed that i have to wait until 21st August though.

Dont beat yourself about the fail. the fact that you got 5 minors on your first test tells you, you are a competant driver. You nailed the reverse on the second test, so you know you can do that - Try this tip, have the gearbox in low range (splitter) and dont touch the throttle. This way if you see you are getting out of line , you have plenty of time to think about how to correct - another tip, hold the wheel at the bottom and move it in the direction you want the trailer to go in…

Trust me, you will pass and after you have been driving for a a few weeks you will look back on your test and laugh. As mentioned, once you get that license the training begins properly !!!

Keep us posted on the re-test

Yeah ,Im gutted but its not the end of the world. TBH its the £240 a pop that guts me even more :smiley: . I know I can drive the thing .its just putting it all together for that 1 1/2 hours .
Looking forward to getting that licence back with C&E entitlement at the end of August . Then the fun will begin :smiley:

SalTheWop:
Looking forward to getting that licence back with C&E entitlement at the end of August . Then the fun will begin :smiley:

Thats the attitude to have SalTheWop you will get there!!! as you’ve said you know you can drive the thing, its just a matter of getting everything perfect for that 1hr 1/2… 3rd tme lucky fingers crossed for you

wills

sorry to hear it sal,failed mine today as well.“1 pint each down the hatch tomorrows another day”

Thats right Jackdaw . Next time, mate. Next time !

Are they still doing that silly reversing exercise?
In nearly 20 years driving class 1 (c+e) never omce had to do that manoevure.

A little tip to start you off when driving into position to start turn your steering wheel a little to the right about half a turn just as you stop.
When you start reversing it will start to turn your trailer into the right direction, if you take it easy enough and you watch your trailer on the offside once it started turning sart to follow the trailer and you should be at the right hand side of the middle cone, if not don’t worry take a little shunt forward. from there it is fairly straight forward. reversing on your blind side is always daunting even for experianced drivers.

Good luck to anybody taking their tests and the idea is try and relax