Class 1 Pay

Coffeeholic:
Jumping to conclusions there Jonah. :wink: :smiley: .

I can agree with what your saying coffee however :laughing: :laughing: he clearly states Each Week,

even reducing to 24 hrs would not permit 7 consecutive charts each week :wink: :wink:

Yep Davey but I wasn’t saying he could do it every week just pointing out that it wasn’t necessarily illegal to start work on a Sunday and finish on the following Saturday. :smiley:

v8 karl if ive jumped to the wrong conclusion i apologise :blush: .just out of interest dont ya get fed up with not seeing ya dad :laughing:

His dad will probably give him a thick ear now!

Wheel Nut:
His dad will probably give him a thick ear now!

:laughing: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I was draged up with them …and look how I turned out! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

I have to say, that I am one of those agency drivers. This however is NOT through choice.The scenario of having recently passed my test first time, no company is willing to take the chance on employing someone with " no experience…" which I feel is unfair. It is a difficult situation and there are agency workers who shouldn’t hold a drivers licence much less a class 1, but there are a few of us who would willingly take a job on the same rates as the established drivers, and gain the respect from collegues and employers alike.

twopack:
I have to say, that I am one of those agency drivers. This however is NOT through choice.The scenario of having recently passed my test first time, no company is willing to take the chance on employing someone with " no experience…" which I feel is unfair. It is a difficult situation and there are agency workers who shouldn’t hold a drivers licence much less a class 1, but there are a few of us who would willingly take a job on the same rates as the established drivers, and gain the respect from collegues and employers alike.

I am finding it hard to get work as I am in the same boat as you.I have had the same job since I left school(14 yrs) as a shunter now foreman and I am willing to take a pay cut and start at the bottom just so I can get some experiance but it very hard to convince an employer that you can do the job!!!

Oh well every journey starts with the first step and all that :unamused:

Dan

Its good to know that even with experience as you have, difficulties can still be met on the proverbial road to everywhere. But it does lead me to this point-We know this is a problem within the industry, along with the low pay, long hours legislative demands, yet one thing remains, we put up with it! As long as we do nothing will change. One saying I always go by is this “if you want to change some things in your life, you’ve got to change some things in your life”