Class 1, how hard?

Truckette:

knight:
i had a strange problem when I started my class two which hadn’t even crossed my mind until my instructor asked how often I drove. I ride a motorbike it’s my main form of transport, we have a car but my wife drives it mostly, I realised I didn’t drive very often, came as a surprise to me :blush:
I would say do it it’s worth the effort.

Do you lean into the corners when driving, just like you do if you were on a bike? When I was having my lessons on my class 2, my instructor asked me if I had a motorbike.I said that I did, & he replied ‘I thought so, you keep leaning into the corners!!!’ :laughing:
T.■■

i do that too but i have never been on a motorbike. i prefer to be upright even when the vehicle is leaning :laughing:

looking back , i think i would have picked up the reversing bit a lot easier if
i could of got used to just bending the trailer one way, then straightening
up again, without any cones, to get used to the steering manouvres first.

Then start on the cones bit after , rather than having to get used to this at
the same time as " right then just come down as close as you can to the
front left cone, full right lock till the front edge of the trailer passes over the
white line , then left lock , follow the white line with the front tyre , but don’t
go over it etc. etc.

Think it would have made the learning easier , which adds to confidence
imo.

truckette, yes I did. I also went into bends too fast and used the gears to slow down before chucking it into a corner. He found it kind of frightening, judging by the way he panicked. :laughing:

mrpj:

tvradict:
Thanks for that.

I phoned a couple of schools and asked that very question and both told me that I did need a valid theory test. I dont understand why they would give me false info, they gain nothing from me doing a theory test. :confused:

That sounds strange to me as well.

When I started my training, my instructor asked to see both my licence and theory test pass. I said exactly the same, that I didnt think I needed it anymore as it was only for the Class C but he said that the examiner could still ask to see it if he wanted so it would be better to have it in case. As it happens I couldnt find it and the examiner never did ask to see it so all was ok. :smiley:

uvox82:

mrpj:

tvradict:
Thanks for that.

I phoned a couple of schools and asked that very question and both told me that I did need a valid theory test. I dont understand why they would give me false info, they gain nothing from me doing a theory test. :confused:

That sounds strange to me as well.

When I started my training, my instructor asked to see both my licence and theory test pass. I said exactly the same, that I didnt think I needed it anymore as it was only for the Class C but he said that the examiner could still ask to see it if he wanted so it would be better to have it in case. As it happens I couldnt find it and the examiner never did ask to see it so all was ok. :smiley:

Your instructor was incorrect, the examiner WILL NOT ask to see your theory test when doing the C+E test, if you took your cat. C before the theory test came into effect you won’t have a theory test certificate anyway!