Clarification on grandfather rights & Driver CPC

For those who have a C1 (pre 1997) licence remember you can get full 35 hrs DCPC for doing just an extra day (5 day course) training C or C+E plus admin fee with an accredited trainer.

I took 5 days training C+E and paid an extra £100 and obtained a full DCPC card valid until 2019 within a week of passing C+E, you will still get this even if you fail your test as you have still completed the required hours training.

So there I was C1, C, C+E full DCPC and had never driven an LGV in any capacity outside of training. :smiley: Well worth the little extra to get it out of the way and probably helps a little in the getting work department.

That’s interesting Redrorry. I’ve just completed 4 days C+E training ( test tomorrow) and have already done a further 2 days CPC training with my employer. As my training co. is accredited, I should be able to count it. Odd that they’ve never told me :wink:

Nez

Hi Nezza you can’t count it unless you have done the course as a JAUPT approved cpc course, this is where the extra £100 quid on top of the course fee’s comes in. I even have a certificate from Ritchies of Glasgow, saying that I have completed 5 days JAUPT approved DCPC training. Upgrading you existing licence is CPC but only if the course is administered as an approved DCPC course.

My DCPC card was with me in less than a week of passing my C+E.

Good luck in you test tomorrow.

By the way it’s not me (big hairy bloke), just thought a pic of a nice blonde might help the butterflies. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ha ha, thanks for that. I’m sure she’ll give me some extra luck :slight_smile: