Can't reverse for shit

One of the best but simplest pieces of advice I ever got when I started was “point the trailer where you want it to go before you start”
It sounds like a no brainer but if you put a slight kink in it before you start moving then it will go round and into the bay space much easier than trying to start
a new turn from straight or even worse, with the trailer pointing away from the bay

You tube
back up a sem-eye
practice makes perfect
watching drivers are sympathising, not laughing

Optimum:
You tube
back up a sem-eye
practice makes perfect
watching drivers are sympathising, not laughing

No more insults, post in hi ku now?

The way I was taught to steer an artic. Put both hands on the wheel @ 10 to 2

Look in your mirrors at where you want to go

Take the closest hand and point to the mirror you need

Steer down with the hand left on the wheel

Some drivers are amazing reversers, most are average and some will never be good at it as long as they’ve a hole in their ***e!

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

malcolmgbell:
I gave up trying to back on to bays,I tell good in I can’t do it ,they send people out with pump truck and load it

Im amazed you can get away with this at anywhere?! If you cant reverse on a bay at all surely you need to rethink your career?!

Swordsy:

malcolmgbell:
I gave up trying to back on to bays,I tell good in I can’t do it ,they send people out with pump truck and load it

Im amazed you can get away with this at anywhere?! If you cant reverse on a bay at all surely you need to rethink your career?!

I’ve never not been able to get on a bay. But a shunter did recently have to take over and put the trailer in a parking space for me. He was pretty nice about it to be honest. I could have done it eventually but was taking a lot of time and I think he didn’t want to see my struggle anymore.

Reversing is very very very hard for new class 1 drivers. And I don’t think him giving up is all that bad. If it’s a really really tight bay and he needs to go in blindside it might be better to admit defeat than cause carnage.