Canada to USA diary with pics

Enjoyed that, KFC with truck parking just imagine that …!

Respect to you, very nice pics the truck looks great…a friend of mine moved to Canada yrs ago to drive trucks, a realy big outfit cant remember the name…he did keep in touch for a while post cards and some pics now and then…he loved it , wanted me to go out and join him said i would love it… that was 10 yrs ago i thought i was past moving in my fortys then…sometimes wish id took the plunge…great post hope to see more soon, regards, shytalk.

Sorry for the double post…ive looked in my old box of pics it was X-TRANS the company he drove for, shytalk.

Thanks for sharing.
That sure is a fancy rig.

nianiamh:
Its defo a lot bigger than the UK, Ive never driven in Europe so not the best person to ask :laughing: The milage is not that hard to do really as its very quiet on the roads, there are firms wholl help you with the paperwork side of things but most at a price, and it can all be done yourself

Thanks for the info. How many years UK experience did you have? Do firms like drivers to have plenty of years under their belt before hiring them from the UK?

Thanks for that, always enjoy reading them.

Would love to move to canada and drive over there but the wife wont go.Typical woman!Keep them coming its good to read something different.

I worked out there in the 80s i wished i had stopped there…An exellent diary…

Nice one Neil. Good to see you are enjoying life over the road. Nice diary.

Regards Paul.

Cracking pictures, that recycled Schneider Century Class looks almost as good as a proper lorry :laughing:

Is this you then, Neal?
Great Picture Diary by the way.

neal.PNG

kevchalluk:
Thanks for the info. How many years UK experience did you have? Do firms like drivers to have plenty of years under their belt before hiring them from the UK?

I`d done 17yrs on UK only work, but there’s a lad who started a few months ago for us and is only 21, he took his class 1 at 18 in the UK then came over here for a visit and a trip out and got offered a job.

kr79 has also just started at our place after a visit to Canada and some door knocking of companies to see whats on offer,
and as far as I know all he was doing in the UK was double manning an ice cream van sarf ov da river :laughing:

ChrisArbon:
Is this you then, Neal?
Great Picture Diary by the way.

Yes that’s him Chris, he knows all the dogging spots from Niverville to Atlanta :laughing:

Great Diary Mate, great work keep it up

Great stuff, thanks for taking the time to put it together :slight_smile: .

Its just a different world compared to the uk, i mean ffs they have truck spaces at kfc. Just so much frigin space everywhere!

I’d love a crack at those trips! Excellent diary :sunglasses:

nice diary.
truck looks great, what did the wash cost?

chilistrucker:
nice diary.
truck looks great, what did the wash cost?

$80 and thats with rainex on the truck and citrus shine on the ally & stainless, work out at around 50 quid at todays rate.

ta.
bloody hell, thats a good price, and it looks like they give it a real good going over.