Can you tell what it is yet?

Yeah thats the one i was Delivering there fella said go round the back to turn round watch out for the mig jet was like wtf lol

Sugar Ray:
Any idea which scrapyard it went to?

It went to D&P Metals at Witham, there was nothing interesting or worth salvaging from it. I’d looked but anything remotely interesting had been removed.

8wheels:

Sugar Ray:
Any idea which scrapyard it went to?

It went to D&P Metals at Witham, there was nothing interesting or worth salvaging from it. I’d looked but anything remotely interesting had been removed.

Thanks for that, how long ago was it you moved it?

Yesterday lunchtime.

mickyblue:

Rob K:

Rob K:
It’s the old Lightning from Newark at the side of the A1 ! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Bumpity bump.

Thinking the same thing. I do wounder sometimes when there going to get rid of that

They had it away while you were’nt looking micky,
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=75404 :neutral_face:

8wheels:
The original cost of this would technically make it the most expensive item I’ve ever moved, however it’s final landing at a scrapyard today means that for the few hundred quid it weighed in at made it one of the least valuable that I’ve moved.

Assuming they’re made of alloys, it gonna be worth up to £1k per tonne, so £3,500 for an afternoons work ain’t bad, yer average ■■■■■ would struggle to do that in a week :stuck_out_tongue:

shows how long ago i been up that way

Assuming they’re made of alloys, it gonna be worth up to £1k per tonne, so £3,500 for an afternoons work ain’t bad, yer average ■■■■■ would struggle to do that in a week

Yes they are alloy but it’s not all the same stuff, and there’s loads of other bits of crap mixed in with it.

I don’t know what the deal was but it was loaded at Foulness with a mobile crane, transported to Danbury before being stripped. Then yesterday was all extra expense for the bloke to get it to the scrapyard. Dunno why he didn’t get a roll off from the scrapyard.

Aluminium, titanium, magnesium, copper, stainless, every little helps :stuck_out_tongue:

My Little Traveling Family

Yes but unless you strip it and sort out all the metals they’ll weigh it in at a crap rate.

8wheels:
Yes but unless you strip it and sort out all the metals they’ll weigh it in at a crap rate.

Correct. i.e. Clean aluminium = very good price. Irony aluminium = crap price.

Its very cost effective to spend a bit of time cleaning & sorting non ferrous scrap.

Driveroneuk:

8wheels:

Correct. i.e. Clean aluminium = very good price. Irony aluminium = crap price.

Its very cost effective to spend a bit of time cleaning & sorting non ferrous scrap.

The bloke across the road keeps his spare lead on his roof. I thought I may help him and take it the scrapyard for him when he next goes on holiday

8wheels:
It is (or was) a Mig23, Our lowloader brought it off Foulness Island a few months ago and it was much more recognisable similar to this.

Since then the engine was removed and the cockpit sold leaving a 3.5t hulk of scrap.
A sad end for something once capable of over Mach 2.

Were sometinghs for Jeremie Nationale’s Back Garden.
Put it over by Night,secretly.