Calor and its transport

I think this could be at Coryton as Harry West the Regional Manager is among the workforce

Is that Bert Warner, the tall person with the bald head sitting down next to the guy in uniform?

Which one is Harry West as when I met him (a long time after this photo) he had long hair?

Yes that is Mr Warner, I think it might be presentation of safe driver awards, generally some copper wanting brownie points was readily available, Harry West is first to the right of the group seated.

NMP. Found this on the net. Its a shame someone has written across it. BP. contract ethylene tanker

NPM. A Paul. C. Gee.photograph

AS16.JPG

NMP. A Paul. C. Gee. photograph

A00061.JPG

Here’s one going over the old bridge over the River Dove on the A50 between Doveridge and Uttoxeter.The bridge is still there but a foot path now.As you senior drivers a very exciting one.Pity about it not being a good view now but progress I suppose.That bridge now would be more exciting.Perhaps there was a good reason for building a new one !!!

Note the K.P. nuts Seddon.A very rare motor now

Tony

Who were Cossington Commercils?
Vaguely remember mudflaps or something on calor old school motors having them

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

chubbybrown:
Who were Cossington Commercils?
Vaguely remember mudflaps or something on calor old school motors having them

Cossington commercials were a ERF dealer.

Here are a few photos from the Paul. C. Gee collection.

new foden.jpg

L0373p.JPG

erf a series.jpg

calor erf.jpg

gravydavey:
Here are a few photos from the Paul. C. Gee collection.

Those Fodens used to lean so much when going round corners.

erf-c-36-truck-and-tanker-at-night-in-the-snow-j7gr4m.jpg

A PAUL.C. GEE. Photo An ERF hauling Bromine tanks.

A02623.JPG

NMP. ERF with Hiab

gravydavey:
A PAUL.C. GEE. Photo An ERF hauling Bromine tanks.

SoM used to have a couple of likewise tanks bolted straight to a 33’ trailer chassis,many times I had to collect the bromine tanks trailer ex Angelsey,loaded for ICI Grangemouth,and perform a changeover with a Maddiston driver at Tebay.

David

tonyj105:
Some more calor trucks painted by my dad in the 70’s, the erf was new the f86 and atkinson were not and I’m notvsure on the crusader

I am almost certain that TBH670J fleet number 63184 was a Briton Ferry truck, ■■■■■■■ powered with a straight six ZF gearbox.

NMP. Inter depot bulk tank delivery.

Monkton Motors
From Dad’s stuff of his accident at Black Dam A30 Basingstoke

also put on Tanker companies
regards
Jeremy

I think the photo of the presentation posted by Gravydavey was taken at Millbrook Southampton around 1961. It is Harry West standing at the end of the row of seated and George Rohde crouched down at the other end. Bert Warner is sat in the middle. I remember a few of the driver’s faces. Bert was my dad.

L3118p.JPG