Calais Issues.....

Yes in the sense that it was never going to be permanent, it is a perfect storm of factors atm most of which will subside.

Anything else?

Lets hope your right then … And sooner rather then later hopefully !
Enjoy your day. :slight_smile:

Neville 1:
Lets hope your right then … And sooner rather then later hopefully !
Enjoy your day. :slight_smile:

Don’t get me wrong it has gone on longer than I expected! I’ve been on my hols for 10 days and thought it would be over…but the strike is dragging on.

Have a good Un !

^^^ still dragging on. Op stack in force again today. I passed all the portaloos yesterday and figured with them still being there that something was in the offing.

the maoster:
^^^ still dragging on. Op stack in force again today. I passed all the portaloos yesterday and figured with them still being there that something was in the offing.

I’m still in Calais! have been since about 0620!

What’s the problem today Bach Home? I know the winds are quite severe which won’t help, but is it strike action again?

P&O say ferries running on time with space available but my truck is stuck on M20 for almost 3 hours now…

the maoster:
What’s the problem today Bach Home? I know the winds are quite severe which won’t help, but is it strike action again?

According to their latest info link this morn it was “immigrant activity”
Ie Eurotunnel can’t secure a ■■■ fence line…that’s alI I heard/read.

I could be on train within the hour fingers crossed!!

Good luck. :smiley:

the maoster:
Good luck. :smiley:

Cheers! Yes now ■■■■■■■ around in England.

Apparently the Calais terminal
was stormed by waves of potential new citizens last night figures of around 2700

“A one-day record number of people made it thru the Channel Tunnel last night and have claimed asylum today in Kent”
"

FlyByNight:
P&O say ferries running on time with space available but my truck is stuck on M20 for almost 3 hours now…

The same game today morning…since 3 1/2 hours i´m waiting between j8 und 9 to go to the ferries…and the channel tunnel don´t looks better…

It’s quite simple really, lack of capacity since the CMA, DFDS & P&O saw off Myferrylink. The immigrants are taking full advantage of the delays and causing suspension at Eurotunnel. However not enough to cause the tailbacks we are seeing.
politicians and big business want us thinking the migrants are the cause but in reality they are a sympton.

In the short term i think troops at the terminal is what is needed, and sooner rather than later.

In the longer term more capacity required.

Silverwolve:

FlyByNight:

The same game today morning…since 3 1/2 hours i´m waiting between j8 und 9 to go to the ferries…and the channel tunnel don´t looks better…

Hope you have better luck today… it took about 10 hours from J8 to J11 yesterday…

When over 2000 people a night are trying to force their way into your country I think that is time to take it seriously and call in the army.
Not sure how it would work with our troops on French soil but we could call it a joint exercise, bit like Putin did over the Ukraine and now the U.S. and us are doing the same.

muckles:
When over 2000 people a night are trying to force their way into your country I think that is time to take it seriously and call in the army.
Not sure how it would work with our troops on French soil but we could call it a joint exercise, bit like Putin did over the Ukraine and now the U.S. and us are doing the same.

If 2000 foreigners tried to storm our shores illegally I would call it an attempted invasion. Enough is enough, send in the army and let them do their stuff, WITHOUT HELMET CAMERAS!!
Ask the Argentinians about what happens to you when you illegally try to enter and set up home on British Sovereign territory.

FlyByNight:

Silverwolve:

FlyByNight:

Hope you have better luck today… it took about 10 hours from J8 to J11 yesterday…

No i had no luck…the same [zb]…than yesterday…
11 hours from J8 to J11…than 1 hour into the port und another hour from the entry of the port to go into my lane…
But it have been faster than in the left lane for channel tunnel…