Cadwalladers of Oswestry

the better half brought a folder home from work that one of the drivers that went in there had dropped off for her dad to have a look at all about heardsmans sure there was a caddy waggon in the one photo

oxo3:
Yes, that the one, Volvo had it rebuilt still in caddies livery and put it in there Warwick showroom.

so when would that of been they opened in 1984 so late eightys or early 90s cant remember seeing is but dads volvos werent in hartshornes much

legion:

oxo3:
Yes, that the one, Volvo had it rebuilt still in caddies livery and put it in there Warwick showroom.

so when would that of been they opened in 1984 so late eightys or early 90s cant remember seeing is but dads volvos werent in hartshornes much

hi all,
i think? i read somewhere that a brand new g registered f12,was part of the handover deal with the g reg. f88.so that would make it 1989?
regards andrew.

Taken when changed to RHD

cadwallader erf after conversion to RHD.JPG

remember the erf in the 70sin smiths abboitior lorry park lockerbie.also read on onother forum a swallow volvo unit with fridge trailor must have had hooks 2 haul the export lambs
popular stopover :smiley: with caddies drivers going through 2 scotland

anyone remember scouse bob lived in wigan used to drive an fl10 C598MUJ i think, till it set on fire and burned out, had some top nites out with him at the kernels, last time i saw him was in 97 when he was driving for securicor omega logistics out of skem

A483 near Llandovery

chepstowchap:
A483 near Llandovery

Looks like the Sugarloaf to me.
Cheers Dave.

chepstowchap:
A483 near Llandovery

Wasn’t it Micky Chin who used to drive that motor? Think it was french registered, then given a UK registration when they closed down the french operation.

Another old one

Seen at weekend at Harrogate on the Trans Pennine.

I can only remember Cadwalladers having one 89 NNT827M which was driven by Maurice Kite for many years. Although they did have other left hand drive vehicles. The ERF in the picture BNT939L was originally a left hand drive vehicle but after being rebuilt after an accident in France was converted to right hand drive.

largebloke1969:
anyone remember scouse bob lived in wigan used to drive an fl10 C598MUJ i think, till it set on fire and burned out, had some top nites out with him at the kernels, last time i saw him was in 97 when he was driving for securicor omega logistics out of skem

I think he got the nickname Barbecue Bob because of his misdemeanor with the primus stove! He was at Shropshire Cold Storage for a while then went onto Coolchain at Haydock.

Posted these before but may aswell add them in here to.
Pics given to me by Dave Ellis
Tipping in Portugal

Backing onto the boat somewhere

Waiting for the boat home next to a aircraft carrier

Next two off Mike Davis

hayday:

largebloke1969:

I think he got the nickname Barbecue Bob because of his misdemeanor with the primus stove! He was at Shropshire Cold Storage for a while then went onto Coolchain at Haydock.

thanx for that buddy was talking to an old workmate who said he had seen bob driving for armstrongs in wigan , like that nickname tho :laughing: