Busy or quiet

I’m agency. I’ve had 10 shifts since xmas. Even one that I thought would be reliable (bringing empty beer bottles down) has gone dead. Seriously bored.

Back to normal pre-covid post Xmas lull. I think we’ve forgotten what it was like with the last few years.

Ticking over… but then again the Removals game is seasonal. The last 2 years have been crazy busy! But it seems to be settling back into seasonal. Will pick up in the next month or so…

I’m returning home from Portugal Thursday morning, and have a site assessment on Friday morning that I wasn’t expecting, but will be paid min 8hrs, & I’m not expecting miracles for next week

Dead. 10-15 guys spare everyday. Not had an agency bod in since before new year. The Chinese whispers are in full swing.

Extra shifts now available to anyone who wants it , employed , agency , ad - hoc etc , agency I speak too are doing 5/6 shifts , got phone call saying there ringing everyone as no lorries so when will we be back . rumour , but not said to me that contract will be enforced on o/t
Other one I heard but 2 nd hand info is won’t take on any agency , must be employed now , I guess cost as according to agency lads there on a good screw £££££££ .

peirre:
I’m returning home from Portugal Thursday morning, and have a site assessment on Friday morning that I wasn’t expecting, but will be paid min 8hrs, & I’m not expecting miracles for next week

Well the re-assessment lasted 3.5hrs and done by 9:30, and I was asked if I was interested in a full time job at a new site being built nearby for the same company.
Next week I’m booked in for Monday Thursday and Friday at the 2nd site I work at via the agency, Tuesday and Wednesday is looking like a win too as work seems to be picking up

Volume stays the same but the cages are lighter atm with easter eggs and bog roll. Still loaded by morons though.

Very quiet with my own lorry. Working roughly one week in two. Good jobs, just not enough of them.
Been getting plenty shifts on a tipper for local quarry. They’re always short of drivers, so happy to pay decent money for ad hoc work. Suits me fine.

PaddyTheLorryDriver:
Volume stays the same but the cages are lighter atm with easter eggs and bog roll. Still loaded by morons though.

Trays of heavy cans on top of eggs etc :unamused:

Woolley edge , deserted , expected to see some supermarket / parcel lorries at least

Tesco reading , not a parking space to be had , all round building , , double / triple stacked near entrance , farther down from tris you can see , d/ d triple stacked , maybe tesco like loads of tris stood round , or reading has always been the same & my memory is failing me , but looks quiet to me

C74688E7-0689-484F-BEF2-AC6EEF48A087.jpeg

Amazon work very quiet at the moment hoping it will pick up soon but with the recession hiting hard now I can’t see it happening very soon. I’ve only just started this job aswell after being laid off at DHL supply chain.

Agency in Northampton says work timidly picking up and still quieter than expected for this time of the year, they are in no effective need of drivers now. Agency providing Eddie Stobbie on A5 says they’re full, so no real need for more drivers either.

_JD:
Agency in Northampton says work timidly picking up and still quieter than expected for this time of the year, they are in no effective need of drivers now. Agency providing Eddie Stobbie on A5 says they’re full, so no real need for more drivers either.

Is last bit right ( stobarts / t/ stop ) , they were ringing offering work last fri , no idea what work / shifts , but I know a few from my days on lp there , and they said they were ringing drivers as work had picked up

Plenty busy. Only got tomorrow off and also being weekend out next weekend.

chooch:
I’m agency. I’ve had 10 shifts since xmas. Even one that I thought would be reliable (bringing empty beer bottles down) has gone dead. Seriously bored.

I’ve noticed for the first time ever - “reduced” sections of supermarket shelves now having BOOZE on them…
Is it possible that there is a huge drop-off in demand for Booze now, so that anyone working in that supply chain is going to find themselves kicking their heels on a more regular basis now?

I know I’ve given up drinking completely during and since the lockdown, but surely that isn’t a trend around the entire country? :open_mouth:

Meanwhile, I can’t remember the last time I saw, let alone stepped inside a PUB…

Worst in over 3 year’s, not had a full week’s work for a month now.

Bloody marvellous when there’s work to do we don’t want it
when there is no work we want to work