Buses, coaches, & lorries

PRESTON GUILD,TRADES PROCESSION,01.09.12 036.JPG

PRESTON GUILD,TRADES PROCESSION,01.09.12 064.JPG

Had a shock on the A27 at Fontwell this afternoon ,saw a white with maroon striped double decker and thought is was one of the Portsmouth city corp buses from the 50’s or 60’s
No it was a Wigan corp one instead [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Wigan Corporation Leyland Titan PD2 or 3 ? was probably the one owned by a chap who does wedding hires etc and based in Worthing, he also owns some Southdown PD3s both closed and open top plus a Leyland bodied ex Southport PD2/12.
Cheers, Leyland 600

Leyland600:
The Wigan Corporation Leyland Titan PD2 or 3 ? was probably the one owned by a chap who does wedding hires etc and based in Worthing, he also owns some Southdown PD3s both closed and open top plus a Leyland bodied ex Southport PD2/12.
Cheers, Leyland 600

Thanks I knew about the Southdown’s as I lived in Worthing up till 2007 before moving to Gosport , so readily saw them out about
I now pass the peoples provincial AEC cougar and the Guy DD as their parked at the back of HMS Sultan inside the base so no vandal problems there :smiley:

Very sad news about Wright bus [emoji47]
Wrightbus: Job losses confirmed as firm enters administration bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-49818156

blue estate:
Very sad news about Wright bus [emoji47]
Wrightbus: Job losses confirmed as firm enters administration bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-49818156

Brought about by that vile Khan THING that is the London mayor cancelling orders for the Boris bus. IT just couldn’t stand the thought that the previous mayor had come up with the idea of a bus that looked diffrent from the normal euro box and would be associated with London by have a passing resemblance to the Routemaster. Spiteful little ■■■■. Never mind, hopefully it’ll get cancer.

There has been a fair amount of criticism of the Boris bus, but that is mainly because TfL stuck their oar in. We got a bus which was instantly recognisable as being a London bus.

This M.A.N. bus is from the fleet of Autocares Rodrigues of Los Gallardos in Almeria Province
in South East Spain. I thought it is a rather unusual bus, with having 3 passenger doors, and
single wheels on the rear axle. I travelled on it once a few weeks ago, and was amazed at its
acceleration and hill climbing ability. It is seen here up the hill at the Mojacar Pueblo bus
terminus, and on Paseo de Meditteraneo coast road at Mojacar Playa.

Ray Smyth.

Rodrigues M.A.N....jpg

Autocares Bernado operate a very smart fleet of coaches. They are based in the city of Almeria,
in the province of Almeria in south east Spain. Some of their work involved carrying Thomas Cook
holidaymakers and tourists to and from their destinations. Ray Smyth.

Bernado Coach.jpg

Ribble Leyland PD3, fleet No.1512 is on route 320, Liverpool to Wigan, a 90 minute circuitous route.
The bus is at Victoria Square in St Helens town centre, halfway through its journey.
Ray Smyth.

Ribble 1512 320.jpg

Things are looking potentially hopeful for Wrightbus employees with a proposed deal from J C Bamford.

Albion Nimbus Alexander bodywork.
Oily

That thing looks like the back end of a bus… oh hang on it’s the front end of a bus. It’s Increadibly ugly.

A bit of good news today for Wrightbus employees, seems like Bamfords (JCB) have come to an agreement over ownership of the land the factory is on, and are taking the company out of administration and back into production.

This bus is from the fleet of Autocares Baraza from Vera in Almeria Province.
The large picture advert on the side of the bus shows the Garner family from
the West Midlands, Sharon, Steve, son Shaun, & Son in law Matt. They moved to
Almeria Province 15 years ago and set up an estate agency in Mojacar. They
now have two more locations, one in Albox, and one in Huercal Overa, and
are currently in a TV series on Channel 4 called “Sun, Sea,& Selling Houses”
Further pictures appear on the other side of the bus, and also on the rear panel.
Their company is called Spanish Property Choice.

Ray Smyth.

Baraza Bus.jpg

Autocares Rodrigues from Los Gallardos Have a mixed fleet of buses and coaches,
including Mercedes-Benz, Scania, and M.A.N. and Setra. Two of their Scania buses
are seen here last month on the Paseo De Mediteraneo in Mojacar, Spain.

Ray Smyth.

Another Scania bus in the fleet of Autocares Rodrigues from Los Gallardos, Almeria Province, Spain.

Ray Smyth.

This Albion Lowlander, Reg.No. 747 EUS, started life in 1961 as a demonstrator in Edinburgh,
Glasgow, and probably other bus fleets. After its time as a demonstrator, it was purchased by
Bamber Bridge Motor Services near Preston. In 1968, the company was bought by Ribble, and
747 EUS became a Ribble bus. I don’t know which depot or depots it was based at, but during
the 1970s, it became a Wigan depot machine, where there were many other Albions.

Ray Smyth.

Ribble 1968.jpg

Ribble 1968 in Skipton.jpg

fodenway:
A bit of good news today for Wrightbus employees, seems like Bamfords (JCB) have come to an agreement over ownership of the land the factory is on, and are taking the company out of administration and back into production.

That seems a step in the right direction.Would be very interesting to see how things progress.Hope the bus production continues and perhaps some rattles will be taken out of the bodywork after a couple of years old.J.C.B. engines !.J.C.B. have always been a good digger out of holes.
Tony

Arriva Volvo in Ribble livery leaving Wigan Bus Station on route 320 to St Helens, 15/10/2019.
Ray Smyth.

Ribble Arriva.jpg

Ray Smyth:
This Albion Lowlander, Reg.No. 747 EUS, started life in 1961 as a demonstrator in Edinburgh,
Glasgow, and probably other bus fleets. After its time as a demonstrator, it was purchased by
Bamber Bridge Motor Services near Preston. In 1968, the company was bought by Ribble, and
747 EUS became a Ribble bus. I don’t know which depot or depots it was based at, but during
the 1970s, it became a Wigan depot machine, where there were many other Albions.

Ray Smyth.

It operated with its original destination display in Ribble days, and I believe that it was modified after damage to the front dome. For a super anorak point, I remember the mould for that front dome lying in the yard of the paint and bodyshop, visible from the road, for years. It was right next door to my primary school :slight_smile:

Untitled by Chris Roberts, on Flickr