British road Services

harry_gill:

old 67:
11I bought a few items of BRS interest on Ebay a little while ago.They are mostly from the 50s
Harry,did you know what your gaffers were tucking into while you were eating your shepherds pie,looking out of the window at your digs,keeping an eye on your Octopus and trailer ? !!!

hiya,
Tell you what there wouldn’t have been much Octopus watching it would most likely have been unlocked that’s if the lock was working and when I’d parked and got myself to the digs that was it, the rule book said “a period of rest to be taken away from the vehicle” and I stuck like glue to the rule book, oh’ yes I did.
thanks harry long retired.

OH NO HE DIDIN’T,did he kids? Look out he’s behind you!!!

fredm:

Bewick:

fredm:
oy not all london beer is crap I had a few pints of fullers spitfire last night with my youngest at canary wharf of all places,now that is not crap . fredm

Oh yes it is!! I think it’s the chalky water they use but you have obviously never had a pint that is brewed 'up Norff mate!! Or you defo wouldn’t make that statement!! Cheers,down the hatch Bewick.

I would have drunk more beer up north but I could never make out what the barmaids were talking about that bloody accent of theirs :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

hiya,
Barmaids are for viewing not listening to, I thought everybody knew that just wish I’d been about seven foot tall to get a better look down the cleavage and no I’m not dirty old man, more like a red blooded old man and if my old lady reads this I’ll be a dead old man.

fredm:

Bewick:

fredm:
oy not all london beer is crap I had a few pints of fullers spitfire last night with my youngest at canary wharf of all places,now that is not crap . fredm

Oh yes it is!! I think it’s the chalky water they use but you have obviously never had a pint that is brewed 'up Norff mate!! Or you defo wouldn’t make that statement!! Cheers,down the hatch Bewick.

I would have drunk more beer up north but I could never make out what the barmaids were talking about that bloody accent of theirs :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

You were probably “■■■■■■■ after 2 or 3 decent pints “fredm” and didn’t realise it at the time !! And anyway the Barmaids wouldn’t be able to understand the incoherent ■■■■■■■■ you were talking either,so the language barrier works both ways mate!!! Those were the days,sadly long gone! Cheers Bewick.

Bewick:

fredm:

Bewick:

fredm:

You were probably “■■■■■■■ after 2 or 3 decent pints “fredm” and didn’t realise it at the time !! And anyway the Barmaids wouldn’t be able to understand the incoherent ■■■■■■■■ you were talking either,so the language barrier works both ways mate!!! Those were the days,sadly long gone! Cheers Bewick.

oooh feathers ruffled there

fredm:

Bewick:

fredm:

Bewick:

fredm:

No “fredm” not at all mate, just having a bit of banter with you!!! Bewick. :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue: :confused:

Bewick:

fredm:

Bewick:

fredm:

Bewick:

fredm:

No “fredm” not at all mate, just having a bit of banter with you!!! Bewick. :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue: :confused:

me as well mate I am just about to finish for the day and go home as long as the underground is not up the wall, have a nice evening fredm

fredm:

Bewick:

fredm:

Bewick:

fredm:

Bewick:

fredm:

me as well mate I am just about to finish for the day and go home as long as the underground is not up the wall, have a nice evening fredm

Mr. Crow isn’t up to his usual antics again is he?

Bewick:

fredm:

Bewick:

fredm:

Bewick:

fredm:

Bewick:

fredm:

Mr. Crow isn’t up to his usual antics again is he?

no but someone was under a train at the embankment poor devil which caused delays , god help us when the olympics is on, going to bed now had enough night all. fredm

Just picked these up from ex brs driver , this was one of this first wagons ,When I went to Oxford depot she was laid in the truck grave yard , and I was assigned with a long standing fitter to restore her , It about a year but was then put outside again and was soon getting rusty .Im pretty sure it was repainted again and and was stored in a old lean to .
It was taken away by ex Brs manager Gerry Brown for safe keeping . :unamused: :unamused: :open_mouth:

Fred Holidays beloved Buffalo , he was not pleased when it was scrapped in the early 80s .

Ivor Parrys much loved roadtrain on its maiden trip to Fleetwood docks , It has the wrong number plate on . this was a Brs contract motor .

Ramon:
A few Photo’s of Wrexham and Warrington motors. The boy in the cab of the Renault is my son Tony. He is 32 years old now!

Good pics of the Warrington yard there Ray showing its vast parking :laughing:
have you looked at some of the first pages in this thread, i put a load of Wrexham motors pics up from Yammie.

This is a photo of myself along side my favourate truck while I was with Bridgend BRS in the 60’s &70’s
Tony

This is an aireal view of Bridgend depot in the 1970’s
Tony

Project1.png

Great shot of Bridgend depot , took my hgv there in the late 80s when they had the driving school there , they had lots of Leyland roadtrains there . There vehicles were very looked after .

A couple of oldies here,any of these yours Harry(long retired).
BRS Atkinson.JPG
BRS Guy.JPG

hiya,
Done a lot of miles in a lot of Big Js but Stansfield that aint one of them.nice to see one again I quite liked them with the ■■■■■■■ in .

always tried to remember not to wrap your fingers round the gear lever when selecting 1st or 3rd (ouch ), cheers , dave

harry_gill:
hiya,
Done a lot of miles in a lot of Big Js but Stansfield that aint one of them.nice to see one again I quite liked them with the ■■■■■■■ in .

What about the Big J with the 8LXB in that you said you drove “H” ? Anon.

Bewick:

harry_gill:
hiya,

What about the Big J with the 8LXB in that you said you drove “H” ? Anon.

hiya,
Now then Dennis settle down you’ll be getting our friend in the Welsh borders excited on the off chance I can produce a rear of shed shot, sorry wrong thread.