BRIDGE STRIKES.

Anyone know what hit the bridge at Balfron Station on the A81?

The road has been closed for a couple of weeks since it happened.

bald bloke:

maestegboy:
Whats happened here then ! :unamused:

I,ve been under that bridge in a DD plenty of times ! Has the bridge dropped a few inches?

plymouthherald.co.uk/royal-m … story.html

Or new trailers maybe? :confused: :confused:

The bridge is only 15’ 0" so a DD won’t fit under that unless you get some speed up :smiley:

But only marked as 15’ on the Eastbound side…

Done a good job ,on this one! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

stv.tv/news/west-central/1371818 … n-glasgow/

Pontypridd ,bridge heaven. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: ,around the corner from this bridge ,there,s another 2 bridges ,on the one way System , :open_mouth:

walesonline.co.uk/news/wales … g-13046658

maestegboy:
Pontypridd ,bridge heaven. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: ,around the corner from this bridge ,there,s another 2 bridges ,on the one way System , :open_mouth:

What does intrest me is how far the driver got before hitting it.

Colin_scottish:

maestegboy:

Because it’s higher one side which is the side he entered from, he probably edged under initially then thought I’m under then it went “bang”.

bald bloke:
Because it’s higher one side which is the side he entered from, he probably edged under initially then thought I’m under then it went “bang”.

+1

■■■■!

Beat me by two minutes.

I know that but does intrest me should it not be signed for the lower height then and not the height the driver entered from just asking.

yourhavingalarf:

bald bloke:

+1

■■■■!

Beat me by two minutes.

I bet your missus says that to you :smiley: :smiley:

Colin_scottish:
I know that but does intrest me should it not be signed for the lower height then and not the height the driver entered from just asking.

It is signed for the lower height which obviously can and did lead to a false sense of security .

Ok dont know the area at all but i know some bridge signs do tell a wee white lie at times.

bald bloke:

yourhavingalarf:

bald bloke:

+1

■■■■!

Beat me by two minutes.

I bet your missus says that to you :smiley: :smiley:

:wink: :laughing:

Check this out :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

walesonline.co.uk/news/wale … a-18406238

maestegboy:
Check this out :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

walesonline.co.uk/news/wale … a-18406238

POOR EFFORT he could have got a bit further through 1 out of 10 for that !!

maestegboy:
Done a good job ,on this one! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

stv.tv/news/west-central/1371818 … n-glasgow/

“No Injuries in this collision”

That wagon - looks plenty injured to me! :open_mouth:

Colin_scottish:

maestegboy:

He must have scraped his top coat of paint on the roof on one of the recently-red leaded rivets… :stuck_out_tongue:

bald bloke:

Colin_scottish:

maestegboy:

I was thinking more of a scraaaapppe rather than just banging up against a lower part of the bridge halfway through…

The first clip, looks rather like around the winnersh triangle bit of Reading, UK at least…
The clip @ 1m 07s - is the reason why I don’t follow double deckers too closely up the M1 past Toddington Services footbridge, where you can see scuff marks on the underside of the bridge… :open_mouth:

The two clips starting at 2m40s - every flyover driver’s nightmare!

Bridge @ 3m22s - looks like the Menai bridge, but someone else can tell me what the correct answer is there, and comment on the rest of the vid clips too…

Winseer:

Colin_scottish:

maestegboy:

He must have scraped his top coat of paint on the roof on one of the recently-red leaded rivets… :stuck_out_tongue:

He’s probably been under there loads of times before but this time he has left his arms extended slightly and the top of the arms have hit the bridge.

in Ipswich this arvo

corij:
01in Ipswich this arvo

was the transit on the spec lift or was it following and got hit ?