Brick crane

Pleased to help, whilst awaiting it’s arrival I searched online for various bits and pieces but I didn’t really know what I did and didn’t know so didn’t find much out of use.

I’ve sussed it out myself with a few enquiries here and there and am still learning things all the time.

What helped that this was a completely new thing for the company to have so they have let me have time to fiddle about and let me take on jobs as my confidence has grown. It is proving to be a very capable and useful thing indeed.

nomiS36:
I had a few years on a drag but with a moffett also doing building sites. I’ve gone the other way and am now on bulkers. I personally wouldn’t go back, bulkers is a POP in comparison.
I hadn’t driven a drag before my last job, they’re pretty good at getting into tighter spots than artics despite being longer although you can’t screw them round as tight. We had a new recruit try on a mini roundabout and snapped the ring off the draw bar!
All the advice given in the previous posts was given to me and is all sound advice. It takes a while to get used to how responsive the trailer is to inputs when reversing but once you’ve got it it’s surprising where you can get them, the worst part probably is the prime mover length for not being able to get it straight if you’ve got an obstacle in front of you.
Also, hopefully you’ll have rear steer on the prime mover because that’s a massive help, just when you think you’re trailer is too close to something on the inside, just wait until the wheels are near it then give it loads of lock TOWARDS the inside and just watch it pull away from the obstacle! Totally counter intuitive to artic drivers but it works!
Good luck.

Cheers mate, yep got rear steer also seems shorter than a lot of the block wagons ive seen. I like a lot about bulkers but the lack of planning is a pita. I dont get my reload til ive tipped so cant plan my night out, pretty much get sent my next job when ive got an hour or so left and leaves me scrambling.
Where Im going is for a single customer so straight out full straight back empty, no back loads, and the weeks work is given out friday afternoon. apart from the odd change it stays pretty much as is. That is from the other driver on this contract as well, so no trying to sweeten the job up. Means I can plan pretty much my whole week of where I’m staying, with the exception of unforseen circs.