Brian harris haulage

The other South West fleet that carried a brown livery and did Scotch was Hichens from Penrhyn, then latterly Hayle (the yard was in the dunes)

Taskman:
And I bet that little Erf chugs along on a four LW, but do any of you South West men know the other family firm from the South west that did alot of Scotch at that time the only thing I remember that they had a brown livery I think and it ain’t Gregories.

It’s a 5LW I think.

marky:
The other South West fleet that carried a brown livery and did Scotch was Hichens from Penrhyn, then latterly Hayle (the yard was in the dunes)

[zb] me how did I not remember that? I used to own a house in Hayle… Nice shot btw, where from art it?

if it needs stars to get past the auto censor you know its not allowed…Denis F

Dunno where it came from - I just knew I had a picture of a Hichens wagon and found it loitering…

If you look between the headboard of the trailer in the foreground, and the back of the cab in the background, you can actually see the sea which, if I’m not mistaken is St. Ives Bay.

Nice pic Marky, takes me back a bit. I had an SA 400 sleeper just like that, it was even a T reg!

I’ve since found out that the picture (above) came from a chap called Malcolm Mortimer.

I don’t know if he took it, but it came from a group of pictures he submitted for a slideshow/ presentation that we did a short time ago.

Come on lads lets have some proper photos of lorries from the South west like a few ’ Rowe Hillmasters’ :wink:

Taskman:
Come on lads lets have some proper photos of lorries from the South west like a few ’ Rowe Hillmasters’ :wink:

ta da!
trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … highlight=

Next!

Lubbly, but was there ever any in H&M’s colours?

No

marky:
No

Can’t stand these gabby soandsos :laughing:

Seriously though Marky, great reply, says all you need to know. Took my (99p off ebay which after 6 months
has just stopped working) microwave into the local elec. shop last week (because I do like to get my money’s
worth) and called back as requested on Saturday to be told - well, I’m not
sure really but it was long (about 5 minutes) in rapid French, and when she’d
finished I asked ‘but is it working?’

Non.

Salut, David.

Microwave, is that the Frog version of a ‘Rowe’? or similar to the string in question if so no problem but keep the post on topic…

My post was relevant to my praise of Marky’s succinct reply and demonstrated my approval of not beating about the bush.
Just as your moving from Brian Harris to Rowe to H&M to ‘any other brown motors from the south west’ was aslo relevant to the topic.

If you’re serious - get off your high horse,
if not, stick a smiley in.

Salut, David.

Spardo,
Just got in from a breakdown on the A1 love doing a wheel bearing on a Friday/Sat morning in a lay-by, see I do have other talents other than sitting in my high horse :slight_smile: :slight_smile: whats the problem? my posts did stick to the topic and not kitchen appliances, are you some frog chef moonlighting on the side for Norbert :slight_smile: ? :slight_smile: :slight_smile: