Brewery Lorries

Leyland Octopus - Taunton Cider Co Ltd - (KYH367):

ERF E14 - Bushmills Distillery - (IDZ2075):

Leyland - Bushmills Distillery - (ADZ7301):

This pic is taken from the Burtonwood Brewery archive

A few of my pics. The Stowells motor, taken in 1959, my old man standing in front, might not exactly be a brewery motor, but it did say Whitbread and Co. on the C licence. And the Albion is specially for our members north of the border who I know like a dram.
Bernard

stowells cpl5672.jpg

Nissan beer lorry delivering to Ottocento Restaurant in Mojacar, Almeria Province, Spain, 5.10. 2018.
Ray Smyth.

Mercedes Ateco 1323 - The Beer Seller - (T794PDF):

Photographed when new, (and prior to delivery).

Scammells and a Leyland transporting beer in South Africa in 1964.

Click on page twice to read.

Nissan beer lorry of Mahou Brewery delivering to LA PIKA Restaurant in Mojacar, Spain, 6.10.2018.
Ray Smyth.

Mahou !.jpg

Mahou 2.jpg

albion1938:
A few of my pics. The Stowells motor, taken in 1959, my old man standing in front, might not exactly be a brewery motor, but it did say Whitbread and Co. on the C licence. And the Albion is specially for our members north of the border who I know like a dram.
Bernard

The Bullard’s Brewery AEC Monarch Mk.111, I’m assuming that it’s from a certain yard near Attleborough? It was there for years, but kept under cover. I think there were two of them if I’m not mistaken. Plenty of other interesting stuff there as well, especially if you were interested in Gardner powered lorries and engines. The owner wouldn’t sell anything on the two or three occasions I went there, the last occasion being when I took a Gardner 6LXDT powered ERF tractor unit he had bought out of service from Turners, E574 PEX. It had an Eaton Twin Splitter 'box.

Albion - Cubley Brook Brewery, Penistone - (XUA223):

They brewed Beer and Vinegar from the 1840s to 1923. Beer brewing ceased in 1923 and they then concentrated on Vinegar.

Brs Oxford depot .

NMP

Pete.

Ray Smyth:
I imagine Chris Webb in th`Isle Of Man will recognise this Leyland DAF 55 of Okells Brewery.
I believe that Castletown Brewery and Okells Brewery are now one company. A connection
with Chris is that Castletown Brewery were taken over by Hope & Anchor Brewery from
Sheffield in 1948. I recall “Jubilee Stout” was also brewed in Sheffield. Regards, Ray Smyth.

Ray, An article from 1957 about Jubilee Brewery.

Click on pages twice to read.

halls ford.jpg

halls brewery cargo.jpg

1. Foden shunter used on the halls brewery contract .

brs foden.jpg

Halls brewery ware house,Sandy lane ,littlemore, oxford.

halls brewery w house.jpg

Volvo FL6 - Fosters - (N657WRJ):

Leyland Atlantean - Preston Bus - (DRN177Y).
Mathew Brown Brewery, Blackburn - Slalom Lager -
(Photo taken a long time ago):

Daimler CVG6 - Northampton Transport - (GNH258F):
Bowland Brewery, Clitheroe -
(Photo taken yesterday):