Brewery Lorries

Thanks to H Michael Miley for this 1954 Hendrickson, a cracker.
Oily

A Guinness boat loading at what I think is Dublin. The Guinness forklift truck which is an SD,
Shelvoke & Drewry, has a Dublin number plate, YRI 429. The destination of the boat is probably
Salthouse Dock at Liverpool, where the kegs and tanks are delivered to nearby Guinness Exports
and Export Bottlers by Jarvis Robinson Transport for bottling and canning. Click 2nd picture for
full image.

Nice old Leyland,riding on air by the look of it :wink: :unamused: :laughing:

Higsons Brewery in Liverpool had Albion lorries for many years. Judging by the bodywork
on the L.A.D. Albion, it probably carried bottles of beer, etc in the forward end, and draught
beers in the separate tanks at the rear. A pint of Higsons bitter was a favourite drink for me
in the early 1960s, usually in " The Cats Whiskers " pub. :smiley: :smiley: . NMPs.

Ray Smyth.

Higson 2.jpg

Higson 1.jpg

From a fellow flickrite.
Oily

Brewery Shaun Ballisatt.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

One of those David Brown tugs is preserved, I remember them running around town.

Pete.

Nmp
Strongs of Romsey

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

A couple more buses with Beer adverts:

1964 AEC Regent V with Park Royal bodywork - AFN765B - East Kent; Shepherd Neame:

1973 Leyland Atlantean with Alexander bodywork - NRG158M.
Lancaster City Transport (but new to Aberdeen City Transport). Thwaites Bitter:

windrush:
60169120_10217500832585522_8119302413690601472_n.jpg

Pete.

What a fascinating outfit. I’ve never seen a loaded ballast unit pulling a tri-axle tanker like that before. One can only imagine what that was like to drive. Imagine driving that fully loaded over snake pass during a storm :open_mouth:

Scottish and Newcastle ERF.
Oily

TROOPER2:
A couple more buses with Beer adverts:

1964 AEC Regent V with Park Royal bodywork - AFN765B - East Kent; Shepherd Neame:

1973 Leyland Atlantean with Alexander bodywork - NRG158M.
Lancaster City Transport (but new to Aberdeen City Transport). Thwaites Bitter:

I remember seeing that batch of 1964 East Kent Regents being delivered brand new, to the old workshops in Canterbury. 56 years ago and it seems like yesterday! Ro

Flowers Brewery 1959.

Click on pages twice to read.

ECW bodied Bristol VR. (SNN158R). New in 1977 to East Midlands Motor Services. Transferred to Stagecoach Ribble in 1990.
Seen in the old Bolton Bus Station carrying an advert for Youngers Scotch Bitter:

Ford Transit - YF09WVT - Beer Brothers Brewery, Walton Summit, Bamber Bridge, Preston:

Leyland B15 Titan - RYK820Y - Selkent. Advert for Ruddles County:

Leyland Olympian - E227CFC - Oxford Bus Co. Advert for Morrells Varsity:

TROOPER2:
Ford ■■■■■■ - YF09WVT - Beer Brothers Brewery, Walton Summit, Bamber Bridge, Preston:

Leyland B15 Titan - RYK820Y - Selkent. Advert for Ruddles County:

Leyland Olympian - E227CFC - Oxford Bus Co. Advert for Morrells Varsity:

Do you mean ford transit [emoji6]

Sent from goodness knows where

Thanks blue estate. (Another senior moment!).
Post edited accordingly.

Lovely little motor back in the day and light as well good payload, Buzzer

Buzzer:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: I hope that Harry Gill doesn’t see that pic, it will make the old lad grab the whisky bottle in double quick time! :laughing:

Pete.

windrush:

Buzzer:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: I hope that Harry Gill doesn’t see that pic, it will make the old lad grab the whisky bottle in double quick time! :laughing:

Pete.

That motor was 1971 he would have forgotten about them by now :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Buzzer

All credit to Richard Says for the photos.
Oily

Brewery Richard 50072363676_f01ccafc66_k.jpg

Brewery Richard 49675689561_66fe55fabb_k.jpg