Breaking 7.5t limits

Hello i no this is a old thread and theres a good chance that they wont reply but i must add to the comments … How do these village people who complain no the difference between a 7.5 tonner and a 18 tonner ? Because ive had lads in 7.5 tonner boxvans delivering beds in 7.5 tonners bigger then most 18 tonners (the box body 30 ft long ) and get complaints that the lorry is to big in the villages and vice verser we had a 18 tonner little short flatbed daycab on hay & straw and most thought it was a 7.5 tonner !! … They only see size and two axles in there eyes, we had a merc 814 with a 30 ft box 7.5 tonner that was full of ethier sofas or beds and with a long wheel base was more akward then a 26 tonner rigid 6x2 that can lift its axle ,and dont get me started on the is that your van comments pointing to my 44 tonne flatbed lorry & drag comments in the past…haha the arguments my mate use to have when someone called his artic a van

haylorry:
Hello i no this is a old thread and theres a good chance that they wont reply but i must add to the comments … How do these village people who complain no the difference between a 7.5 tonner and a 18 tonner ? Because ive had lads in 7.5 tonner boxvans delivering beds in 7.5 tonners bigger then most 18 tonners (the box body 30 ft long ) and get complaints that the lorry is to big in the villages and vice verser we had a 18 tonner little short flatbed daycab on hay & straw and most thought it was a 7.5 tonner !! … They only see size and two axles in there eyes, we had a merc 814 with a 30 ft box 7.5 tonner that was full of ethier sofas or beds and with a long wheel base was more akward then a 26 tonner rigid 6x2 that can lift its axle ,and dont get me started on the is that your van comments pointing to my 44 tonne flatbed lorry & drag comments in the past…haha the arguments my mate use to have when someone called his artic a van

Typically they no (or even know, if they are at least halfway literate) that a 7.5 tonne lorry doesn’t usually have the marker boards on the back that are required on heavier lorries.

Muckaway:
Talking of PCSOs stopping traffic for census purposes; Yes they can stop you but you don’t have to tell the clipboard carrier anything. Or do like I do and pre plan some nonsense to skew the census. :smiling_imp:

^
This
Nosey ■■■■■ who have nothing better to do. Ignore the clipboard cabbage or just feed him with a load of ■■■■■■