Job Seekers Allowance

grumpybum:

robroy:
Have I been left behind here, or being a bit dim…or both. :neutral_face:
But wtf is JSA?

Job Seekers Allowance

Ahh right :unamused: …, of course. :blush: :smiley:
So.I WAS being a bit dim then. :laughing:

JSA doesn’t exist anymore it’s Universal credit now (UC). All under one roof said Geoffrey.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

robroy:

grumpybum:

robroy:
But wtf is JSA?

Job Seekers Allowance

Not necessarily… you just weren’t expecting to see it in the same place as “£40ph” :neutral_face:

Just stop feeding the troll.

Dozy is a spineless yes man, as he himself constantly tells us.

Just stop giving him the oxygen.

simcor:
JSA doesn’t exist anymore it’s Universal credit now (UC). All under one roof said Geoffrey.

It does exist

drover:

simcor:

Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA): How it works - GOV.UK

It does exist

Oh well pretty sure they stopped JSA a while ago and put it all under UC, maybe they have changed the rules yet again.

simcor:

drover:

simcor:

It does exist

Oh well pretty sure they stopped JSA a while ago and put it all under UC, maybe they have changed the rules yet again.

Currently yes JSA does still exist but all legacy benefits are moving to UC by 2024.

gov.uk/government/news/mana … to-restart

I didn’t think I had made it up I remember reading something about it. Seems the plans were deferred due to the pandemic.

So we are both partly correct.

drover:

simcor:

It does exist

I’m sure the dwp wouldn’t be sending me txts , interviews at job centre about something that doesn’t exist , you can get both , I can’t get u/c as I’ve over 16 k in savings ( Jsa you can have over 16 k in savings ) so I can get that

grumpybum:

robroy:

grumpybum:

robroy:
But wtf is JSA?

Job Seekers Allowance

Not necessarily… you just weren’t expecting to see it in the same place as “£40ph” :neutral_face:

You can have it both , I claimed for jsa for the week I wasn’t working , I was told 77 pw ( but it was actually £22 ) , I had a interview at j/c for jsa where all details were taken , dates from finishing work to starting work etc , I’ve since had a txt from dwp it on here ) that stated if there is no new information I have no need to contact them ( nothing has changed since j/c interview so I’ve no need to contact them ) & I will receive 154 per fortnight , £40 for ph is for a Sunday , 1 am start so nothing special
Though it seems to have upset a few , nodding donkey being no suprise , though I can understand it as he’s doing 4/4 off to earn a bit more than I earn in a shift ha ha

Yet again a perfectly reasonable question / thread about a warning I’ve never seen before gets hijacked and turned into the rights / wrongs of jsa ( there’s a thread for that )
Thanks to all the sensible replies , 4.45 start today , looks like the bloke who dishes out the work took note of pic I sent him of warning , thread over with

Conor:

Sand Fisher:
As a senior, you probably know this, but basically your driving’s bowlocks the system has detected it and flashed up the warning.

This. It’s not the tachograph doing that its the truck has decided you’re wandering all over the road.

Is this message shown if you activate the lane departure warning too many times? I was told by our driver trainer that a warning comes up on our trucks (DAF) to tell us to take a break if we do it too many times but he wouldn’t tell me how many as he said you’ll try to do it on purpose. I’ve been through roadworks where it’s been going like the clappers because of the dodgy lines but it’s never told me to take a break. Unless daf don’t consider it necessary due to the amount of warning lights and chimes that are normally going off anyway to keep the driver awake.

simcor:

simcor:

drover:

simcor:

It does exist

Currently yes JSA does still exist but all legacy benefits are moving to UC by 2024.

gov.uk/government/news/mana … to-restart

I didn’t think I had made it up I remember reading something about it. Seems the plans were deferred due to the pandemic.

So we are both partly correct.

Will they all be affected by the £16000 savings limit? Or will you be able to claim an unemployed UC with millions in the bank?

dozy:

Zac_A:

KD02:
Taking a photo while you’re driving Doze and then posting it on the internet, :open_mouth:

+1 :unamused:

Get a iPhone 14 like me , they can do anything

Is this a concerted effort to live up to your TN “handle”? :unamused: Or just your idea of a fun wind up? Like others on here I find it hard to take you seriously, you’re just too outlandish to be real, but just in case any inexperienced folk do take you seriously:

No one cares what kind of phone you’re using, certainly not Plod or DVSA or the TC.
You’re in charge of an HGV with your phone in your hand, which makes you a liability to everyone around you, and the company’s O-licence, and to your claimed “£40 an hour” job :unamused:

Anyone doing this is looking at six points on their licence, a fine potentially up to £2,500, and a trip to see their TC for a Driver Conduct Hearing, where he/she will be suspending the driver’s HGV entitlement. The only question is how long the suspension will last; starting point for them is four weeks but it can be as long as they feel is necessary to get the message across.

dozy:
Started 1 am , now roughly 5 am , apx 2 3/4 hrs driving , on a merc if it makes any difference

stu675:

dozy:
Started 1 am , now roughly 5 am , apx 2 3/4 hrs driving , on a merc if it makes any difference

https://youtu.be/A66zgJ4Oj8o

Nah, MB Attention Assist isn’t needed with an iPhone 14, if Dozy falls asleep the phone has a special connector that will finish his shift off for him :laughing:

Good video find BTW

dozy:
Yet again a perfectly reasonable question / thread about a warning I’ve never seen before gets hijacked and turned into the rights / wrongs of jsa ( there’s a thread for that )
Thanks to all the sensible replies , 4.45 start today , looks like the bloke who dishes out the work took note of pic I sent him of warning , thread over with

You can switch it off in the settings, think it’s something called break assist iirc.

Think it tracks the movement between the lines even with the lane departure switched off and will then switch all settings on if you get the warning again.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk