Brain Haulage

blimey Russ those pics bring back some memories i have got to work out how to put pics on here i have so many its untrue :confused: :confused: :confused:

CRACK ON TO MACON:
blimey Russ those pics bring back some memories i have got to work out how to put pics on here i have so many its untrue :confused: :confused: :confused:

You have a PM.

truckerash has a good few pics of Brain’s motors as well, if he’s lurking about he might post some up

Nice to see the Iveco one as one of the oddballs - anyone got any of the Turbostars bought in on F and G reg’s ■■?

My first day on the road was subbing for Brains in one of their old day cab 2800s BGX ■■?T, I had done plenty of shunting my dads motors about as a kid but this was the 1st time with a 20’ skel :blush: I was loading a box for Manchester from 39 berth Tilbury & had at least 39 shunts at getting it on the grid :blush: Then there was that evil gearbox, still I loved every minute & I’m still here :smiley: As time went on it turned out that it wasn’t the worst lorry I’d ever have to drive, but thats life :unamused:

Brain Haulage is one of my favourite all time fleets. Great livery to.

Has anyone got any pics of the left-■■■■■■ 111’s that were repainted in Evergreen colours and based in Felixstowe?

I believe they were shipped back from a middle east contract that Brains had out there,they had a perspex roof panel where the aircon units had been removed.

How many trucks did Brain Haulage have?

georgeking:

Not sure how many trucks Brain’s run however, it was in region on 300 plus

Baccy Bill’s Apprentice:

georgeking:

Not sure how many trucks Brain’s run however, it was in region on 300 plus

thanks

where about in west thurrock was their yard

georgeking:
where about in west thurrock was their yard

If I remember correctly, Brains depot was where Seabourn’s container yard is now.

Ross.

wernt they down oliver rd nr the truck stop , they had some characters there some were covered in gold

bob-lad:
wernt they down oliver rd nr the truck stop , they had some characters there some were covered in gold

That’s why we called them ‘Hollywood Haulage’,on account of the bling.

Baccy Bill’s Apprentice:
There seems to be one ‘Essex’ company missing from the previous posts and that is Brain Haulage.

Another missing one is Bowden (BFI) - I can’t remember seeing a single pic of their’s posted anywhere

240 Gardner:

Baccy Bill’s Apprentice:
There seems to be one ‘Essex’ company missing from the previous posts and that is Brain Haulage.

Another missing one is Bowden (BFI) - I can’t remember seeing a single pic of their’s posted anywhere

How long has Greenwich been in Essex then :question: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

B.F.I.did have depots in essex at Milehams in tank hill road Purfleet and Chequers Lane Dagenham and also B.F.I.Trucks at dovers corner Rainham
Brains had over 400 plus vehicles and depots at Scotland/Liverpool/Birmingham/Manchester/Wakefield/Barking/Dagenham/
Southampton/Thamesport/Grays /2 in Felixstowe/plus Holland and the middle east where 15 111 left hand drive sleepers were based at a dozen macks the scania were brought back to nthe uk and repainted in spot and evergreen colours.

I knew that would happen :blush:

Sorry :laughing:

cor blimey guv, them photos bring back me yooth :smiley:

i used too go out as a kid on a friday after school, with my sisters father in law, he drove nights for cp ships, which went onto become called tracto’s, based in warley 1st, then down in grays.
i remember seeing all the brains trucks in tilbury and felixstowe.
remember the gold thing as well, mr t (crazy fool) would have been proud.
i remember there were some good lads on there.

bob-lad:

thanks, for a great photo. I believe that BFI also went bust, it shows that even the mightiest of companies can go under.