Brace yourselves

whisperingsmith:
> Carryfast:
> The climate scam is doing far more damage to the economy including ripping of savers to subsidise the resulting taxes and energy prices.
> The construction sector has been hit more by the new red diesel rules in that regard.
> When what was needed was actually the reverse in the form of an extension of red diesel use to road transport in general not just plant.Also abandon the Paris Accord madness which is driving this inflationary melt down.
> Instead of which we’ve got the LabLibs and SNP moaning about the economy while calling for an even faster dash to electric at £1 per kWh and even more draconian punitive carbon taxes.

I think you got the wrong thread Windage - or your needle is stuck in the groove.

It was a reply to the reference to inflation.
Inflation kicked off by a supposed ‘energy crisis’ in a country that’s sitting on an ocean of its own oil and gas.
Which the government has openly stated an intention of putting beyond use, using punitive taxation and pricing, so that it can be exported.

An interesting comment from a pension fund manager today…

Any Questions, BBC R4, was quite good this week.

Any Answers this afternoon was excellent.
The first 4 minutes are the intro, first caller, a particular point of view from a small business owner. Second caller, a pensioner very different.
At about 14 minutes there is a call…
It is worth listening to the other callers, but that 3rd caller makes so much sense.
bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001cp81

There are still some Tory MPs with half a conscience, or half brain left, it seems. It isn`t just radical ERG nutters in the party. (Although it appears that way too often)

The Times says some are considering voting against the budget.
Is it just the Red Wall new intake, worried about their broken promises, and their jobs come the next election?
Is it also those who do care about the longer term future of the country?

thetimes.co.uk/article/weve … -5c8j520c2

The Tories will be sure as hell out next election, they are reaping what they have sown in the some may say treachery towards Boris Johnson and the resulting election of Truss.

I’ve said before on here, whether you love Johnson or detest him, it was his dubious and perceived charisma and personality that got them in…fact.
Admittedly not a great reason or criteria for selection of a PM, nor a grown up one…, but that is the way things are today in society in a shallow and ‘X factor esque’ type of way unfortunately . :unamused:

But apparentlly a few glasses of wine and a couple of vol au vents at a ■■■■ party (that despite what the media and the band wagon paranoid led you to believe most people did not give a flying one) was more important to consider than sticking with a Tory leader that even staunch and otherwise permanently ‘safe’ Labour areas for generations decided to vote for ffs :open_mouth:
So the result is we are stuck with an unelected beige pm who has managed to make herself as popular as an itchy arse within 2 weeks, leading us towards who tf knows where… I reckon Sunak would have been a better proposition out of the 2 incidentally.

So things are coming home to roost, and I ain’t talking about football (coming home) in this years World Cup.
(Last sentence especially for Frangers btw, to prove my consistency :laughing: )

robroy:
The Tories will be sure as hell out next election, they are reaping what they have sown in the some may say treachery towards Boris Johnson and the resulting election of Truss.

I’ve said before on here, whether you love Johnson or detest him, it was his dubious and perceived charisma and personality that got them in…fact.
Admittedly not a great reason or criteria for selection of a PM, nor a grown up one…, but that is the way things are today in society in a shallow and ‘X factor esque’ type of way unfortunately . :unamused:

But apparentlly a few glasses of wine and a couple of vol au vents at a [zb] party (that despite what the media and the band wagon paranoid led you to believe most people did not give a flying one) was more important to consider than sticking with a Tory leader that even staunch and otherwise permanently ‘safe’ Labour areas for generations decided to vote for ffs :open_mouth:
So the result is we are stuck with an unelected beige pm who has managed to make herself as popular as an itchy arse within 2 weeks, leading us towards who tf knows where… I reckon Sunak would have been a better proposition out of the 2 incidentally.

So things are coming home to roost, and I ain’t talking about football (coming home) in this years World Cup.
(Last sentence especially for Frangers btw, to prove my consistency :laughing: )

Boris was the best leader that the LibDems ever had.There was no difference between his policies or Davey’s.Just a load of climate scam based bs.
I’d trust Truss to get us out of that more than Sunak.
Let alone the Starmer and Davey show that you seem to be advocating.
All of which is irrelevant if we go on with the idea of paying for imported garbage with borrowed and printed money which we could make better ourselves.
Or a foreign policy regarding Russia which will get us nuked sooner or later.

Never mind, Truss has a plan.

“Liz Truss’s cabinet is to be asked to find “efficiency savings” in Whitehall budgets, Sky News understands, putting huge pressure on frontline services.”

Just give less money to hospitals and schools, and tax cuts are affordable.
Obvious really.

I will eat my humble pie, as I must.

I may have given the impression that I thought that Kwasi Kwamagedon was a xxxxx, ■■■, xxxx , who was exclusively in politics 5o enrich himself and his rich banker friends, whilst dry shafting the lower paid.

I now realise that I was wrong. Mr. Kwamagedon’s decision to tax the rich after all, is inspirational. Finally, a tory who cares for the low pay majority of this country.

He can count on my vote.

Have you all signed Carryfasts Petition on the HM Govt Website ■■

“Call an immediate general election to end the chaos of the current government”

Not far short of half a million now - well done CF

I wonder when we’ll get a proper Opposition in this country again?

…You know, when the leader of the opposition actually has policies that are opposite to the ruling party, such as “Vote Labour, and we’ll do something the current Tory government REFUSE to do”…

How does Keir Starmer hope to become PM one day - if he keeps on saying “We’ll do what the Tories are doing, but we’ll do it differently in an way we’ll never ever specify”.

FFS who’s gonna vote for THAT?

the nodding donkey:
I will eat my humble pie, as I must.

I may have given the impression that I thought that Kwasi Kwamagedon was a xxxxx, ■■■, xxxx , who was exclusively in politics 5o enrich himself and his rich banker friends, whilst dry shafting the lower paid.

I now realise that I was wrong. Mr. Kwamagedon’s decision to tax the rich after all, is inspirational. Finally, a tory who cares for the low pay majority of this country.

He can count on my vote.

Well the B o E spent 65 BILLION of your tax payers money to ‘correct’ the u turn.
That’s around 1000 pounds for every person in the country.
Such incompetence. A proper employee would have been sacked .Nick Lesson got 6.5 years in prison for less.

Winseer:

…You know, when the leader of the opposition actually has policies that are opposite to the ruling party, such as “Vote Labour, and we’ll do something the current Tory government REFUSE to do”…

How does Keir Starmer hope to become PM one day - if he keeps on saying “We’ll do what the Tories are doing, but we’ll do it differently in an way we’ll never ever specify”.

Well he did come from the Conservatives. Remember even salt looks like sugar.

Sent from my SM-T976B using Tapatalk

rearaxle:

Winseer:

Well he did come from the Conservatives. Remember even salt looks like sugar.

Sent from my SM-T976B using Tapatalk

I`m gonna regret asking…WTF ?
Changing sides? Truss was an student activist in the Lib-Dems, and anti-Brexit.
Is she salt or sugar or …?

My Father - until about 1980 was a full-on Tory supporter and Telegraph reader - then he saw the light and never supported them again.

I do remember as a lad in the late 50s/early 60s him saying that the only reason people voted Labour was because they got their dole money from the Labour exchange.

Now we have agencies and the Dole Office ( Labour exchange) lists agency jobs, but no-one votes Indeed.