Bowkers transport

It was one of the first in uk ,was on the Volvo stand motorshow in 90 i think ,they owned it from new.

toureg123:
Just fetched a bowkers F10 d-bar she drove like new and for a 19 year old truck she was a credit to their fitters and drivers ,has anybody got photos of it in action ■■ or did any of you drive it.

Hello, glad to see it hasn’t been cut up - who has bought it?

I’ve got photos of it through its life, including being an exhibit on the Volvo stand at the 1989 Commercial Show. It’s actually been a yard shunter for swap bodies since about 2000, and it’s been kept very well as a yard shunter. Only last month, a friend of mine delivered it from Bowker to the dealer who bought it - he did say that it drove very nicely. I have driven it in the past, I think.

The last time I was in the depot, the spare, unused, Eurotrotter cab was still sitting round the back of the garage. As I remember at the time, Volvo built only 12 of these motors. Bowker originally ordered 10, but reduced the order to 8. They were delivered between July and November 1989. The spare cab came with the order because the cabs were non-standard.

The cab was a special build by Volvo, not a third party conversion. There is length taken out of it behind the door - a standard Eurotrotter has a panel behind the door, and there were lots of other mods, including dropping the engine down and, I think, forwards. All of them were later modified by Estepe (the “MFI sleeper”!) like this one is now.

The trailers came from Samro, and were fitted with Jimecal extendible drawbar couplings.

Surprisingly, Volvo did actually prepare a proper brochure for his model, and all the photos were of no.114, G612 CHF.

This picture was taken in Bowkers Yard in July 2007.

121 when new (this was the last of the eight)

Line-up ready for disposal - 118 is the one at the back, with all the transfers off it. It was re-stickered when they decided it was the best one to keep:

115 without its bodies:

I do have some more photos, but they are at home and need loading up to Photobucket

You should keep it for the classic truck circuit or sell it to someone to keep on the circuit

look on a site called northwest trucks theres a page dedicated to bowkers

sad stiller:
look on a site called northwest trucks theres a page dedicated to bowkers

And a jolly fine website it is, too!

Hi boys
I know it’s a bit of a long shot but do any of you Bowker lads remember a Scania 110 having a bump in the front about 1976/77. This was serious enough to warrent a new cab. The reason I ask is becouse about that time we went up to Blackburn and purchased the old one.We were at that time running a day cabed 110 and wanted to convert to sleeper.The Bowker cab had only front damage so we cut accross the front pillers and across behind the seats and fitted the compleat roof and rear to our old front. I don’t know what vehicle it come off or the circumstances of the accident can anyone help.

Heres a before and after, look you can’t see the join…

Regards Keith.

dessert driver:
Hi boys
I know it’s a bit of a long shot but do any of you Bowker lads remember a Scania 110 having a bump in the front about 1976/77. This was serious enough to warrent a new cab. The reason I ask is becouse about that time we went up to Blackburn and purchased the old one.We were at that time running a day cabed 110 and wanted to convert to sleeper.The Bowker cab had only front damage so we cut accross the front pillers and across behind the seats and fitted the compleat roof and rear to our old front. I don’t know what vehicle it come off or the circumstances of the accident can anyone help.

Regards Keith.

Sorry Keith - it’s before my time with Bowker’s

regards

Chris