Bowel problems

Had now Treatment about my Hemorrhoids. About 30 min on the Table and then for a Week on the Toilet as a Baby. But after holding Bowel back on Motorway it started get painful,but no bleeding anymore. Got now a Creme to shrink it and a Medication (Lactulose) to soften the Bowel,and it works.
You know,all the Pharmacy Stuff on the Shelfs expensive and rubbish.
Been also been in Nevada and California,walking around for a hundred Miles,which helps much,as Body-fat gets lost,and some of it swapped into Muscles.

I have ulcerative colitis, they wanted me to go on steriods but i was not keen at all to go on them as i suffered from depression a few years ago and there is no way i was going back down that road…
The colitis is manageable as long as i dont get stressed…that seems to bring it on.
The bonus of having this is that you are always having ‘People’ poking around your arse!!! so if there is anything untoward happening it gets found out pretty quickly…
It has not really stopped me from doing anything and i still play Rugby at the age of 51…
Does it get me down …no not really, we are all going to die one day…I see everyday as a bonus!!!

Deepinvet:
I have ulcerative colitis, they wanted me to go on steriods but i was not keen at all to go on them as i suffered from depression a few years ago and there is no way i was going back down that road…
The colitis is manageable as long as i dont get stressed…that seems to bring it on.
The bonus of having this is that you are always having ‘People’ poking around your arse!!! so if there is anything untoward happening it gets found out pretty quickly…
It has not really stopped me from doing anything and i still play Rugby at the age of 51…
Does it get me down …no not really, we are all going to die one day…I see everyday as a bonus!!!

Cut back on Bread and Red Meat,and put 5 Soupspoon Baking Soda into Bathwater. May help a bit

Bowel cancer runs in my family, as does stomach cancer. In the last 2 years, ive been experiencing similar symptoms to a very close uncle, we are almost identicle in every way except for height and lyfestyle. Chronic bowel pain, bleeding, nausea and and varied appetite have got the doctors baffled. Ive had barium meals twice as well as enemas and so far the only thing to be found was a duodenal ulcer. However, in December last, a doctor in the Belfast RVH was overheard mentioning to a consultant wether or not an oncologist should intervene. Now it was my mother that overheard the conversation, and when I confronted the consultant, he said that he reckoned it wouldnt come to that. Ive an appointment in two weeks for an mri scan, the second this year, and to be honest, Im brickin it, pardon the pun. Now what gets me is at present, im relatively pain free, however blood is still present as is the nausea. Im glad this topic has been brought up as Im keen to find out if any of you guys have had similar problems. Id love to say everything will be fine but there is always that feeling that things are not. I will update when I know more, and I will be making note of the various things that I want to ask the consultant about, mainly to put my mind at ease!

Regard
Kev

Who’s you’re consultant in the royal Kev?

scania king kev:
Bowel cancer runs in my family, as does stomach cancer. In the last 2 years, ive been experiencing similar symptoms to a very close uncle, we are almost identicle in every way except for height and lyfestyle. Chronic bowel pain, bleeding, nausea and and varied appetite have got the doctors baffled. Ive had barium meals twice as well as enemas and so far the only thing to be found was a duodenal ulcer. However, in December last, a doctor in the Belfast RVH was overheard mentioning to a consultant wether or not an oncologist should intervene. Now it was my mother that overheard the conversation, and when I confronted the consultant, he said that he reckoned it wouldnt come to that. Ive an appointment in two weeks for an mri scan, the second this year, and to be honest, Im brickin it, pardon the pun. Now what gets me is at present, im relatively pain free, however blood is still present as is the nausea. Im glad this topic has been brought up as Im keen to find out if any of you guys have had similar problems. Id love to say everything will be fine but there is always that feeling that things are not. I will update when I know more, and I will be making note of the various things that I want to ask the consultant about, mainly to put my mind at ease!

Regard
Kev

me too , bowel cancer took my dad and his brothers ,also several of his cousins . the link being my dads mothers line. I am on the “at risk” register and go for the camera up my jacksy on a regular basis. it used to annual now bi-annual (2yrly).im lucky to be all clear but the worry is always there. good luck

Hiya Bigtruck, The consultants name is Dr Bell, hes based in the private clinic in Stranmillis to the best of my knowledge. The Dr I see is in the RVH, his name is Copeland and is very good at what he does, considering he is in his early 40s, very reassuring, sympathetic and patient. Dr Bell is very interested in my case as to the bowel canncer running on my mothers side and the cancer of the stomach running on my fathers side. Dont know if theres a link myself but Im no doctor.

As to wether or not any of these symptoms are related to the job? I doubt it, but it is very painful holding it in even for short periods of time, and if i need to vomit its usually the side of the road that gets it, either way its not normal.

I really do think that this sort of thing needs more awareness raised than present, and more incentives to promote screening, as it is cancer, may not be the most ruthless but doesnt discriminate and DOES kill.

Regards

Kev

Not names I’ve heard off but if you need a surgeon they’ll probably recommend roy maxwell he’s getting on a bit but one of the best colo rectal surgeons about.

bigtruck:
A recent report I read mentioned truck drivers have bad bowels, I for one have suffered from inflammatory bowel disease for years(before I started trucking) but has anyone else had bowel problems of any sort eg constipation diahorrea , crohns , colitis etc or indeed anyone with an ostomy out there trucking would love to hear everyone’s opinions on this.

You know what
Mine is OK since my Bloodsugar is down to 6 - 6.5
I feel as a New-Born. But i know lots ■■■■■■■■■■■ the Pain. If a bath in Oak-Bark Powder or other.
But,dont let it go into the Urin pipe!

I’ve been diagnosed with IBS since I was 16. It seems to go in cycles for me, one month I’ll be alright, next doubled over in pain 3 or 4 times a week. I’ve taken all sorts both prescription and OTC to no bloody good at all.

Lately I’ve been taking Bicarbonate of Soda and eating peppermints when it’s bad and that helps far more than all the medicines and everything else the doctors have put me on.

Tipper Tom:
I’ve been diagnosed with IBS since I was 16. It seems to go in cycles for me, one month I’ll be alright, next doubled over in pain 3 or 4 times a week. I’ve taken all sorts both prescription and OTC to no bloody good at all.

Lately I’ve been taking Bicarbonate of Soda and eating peppermints when it’s bad and that helps far more than all the medicines and everything else the doctors have put me on.

i went to www.Zentrum-der-Gesundheit.de which has a Language Button.
Then i bought Comfrey-root powder and Oak-bark powder.
Boil a 3 liter water,put of each 2 Table Spoon in,wisk it and put a Top on it.like you make a tea,for 10 minutes. Put it in the Bath with 2 Inch Water and seat in it for 30 to 60 Minutes,always adding warm water when it cools down. just that warm that you feel well. mine is gone after a few Day but came again and again till i got my Bloodsugar Level down to 6 to 6.5.
Marigold helps. A few Trops on a wollen Cosmetic stick,or tea-Tree Oil i think its named.
You need to watch then why its comming back. Could be Diabetes as me.