Bollocks, Got myself suspended

MADBAZ:
‘…any comments … welcomed…’

Tin hat ready, but perhaps it’s a case of a ‘self-fullfilling prophesy’ emerging from a character trait?

I’m not on here to judge & can’t quite put my finger on it, but maybe the SHOUTED moniker ‘MADBAZ’ belies something?

It’s only a guess but I’ll sportingly wager that candles, John Lennon spec’s and a Panpipe music CD weren’t on MADBAZ’s Christmas wish-list…

You say that you felt that the manager was a ‘mate’. If he was, then why did the other driver get your easy run? Also, why are you into disciplinary so quickly?

I would never assume any manager to be a ‘mate’ They are there to do a job and many can make you feel that you are a ‘mate’ as this makes you easier to manipulate and thus get the job done.

Unfortunately in this day and age, a manager will never be a mate, especially when the chips are down.

I have been a manager and a senior manager…Directors have told me in the past that I had too much ‘banter’ with employees…Managers are in a hateful place these days and will do what they have to, in order to survive…This will include defacating on employees.

I would do what you have to do and need to do, if you feel that you want to remain employed by these people.

I know what I would do, but that is me and not you.

MadBaz, I found myself in a similar situation back in October; the man calling for the disciplinary also decided the verdict…
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=63140&p=772283&hilit=catch+22#wrap

ive been in same situation twice, once in engineering,i kept my job due tio me being the only grinder they had,2nd , i jacked, i was told it was just going to be a good ■■■ kicking, but wasnt prepared to take the risk of having sacked on c.v so walked,started corby the next day,learnt my lesson now, just turn up, do the job, go home, when ive had enough ill just leave if i can.
best of luck

If the transport manager is your friend why did he give your run to this other bloke in the first place & why didn’t you just have a quiet word with him about the recent extra drops and slacker harris, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar :exclamation:

F’ing and blinding at people rarely gets you what you want. Although your user name may be giving a clue as to your temperament. :wink:

If I was treated like you, i’d have a quiet word and if nothing came of that i’d look for another job.

Happy Keith:

MADBAZ:

Tin hat ready, but perhaps it’s a case of a ‘self-fullfilling prophesy’ emerging from a character trait?

I’m not on here to judge & can’t quite put my finger on it, but maybe the SHOUTED moniker ‘MADBAZ’ belies something?

It’s only a guess but I’ll sportingly wager that candles, John Lennon spec’s and a Panpipe music CD weren’t on MADBAZ’s Christmas wish-list…

And using the same standard I would wager that Keith is far from Happy!

And you a religious man, gambling?

limeyphil:
if there were no witnesses, then it’s easy.
you go to the hearing, and say, "i don’t know what the [zb] you bunch of tossers are on about, i’ve never [zb]ing sworned in my life, so let me get on with my [zb]ing job.
:laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , there were witnesses, ■■■■.

Peeps are right about my moniker, although my bark is worse than my bite nowadays.

I’ve enquired about going back on agency and there’s plenty of work on the bins and foodservice atm so I’m not too worried.

My ‘mate’ is the operations manger at our branch not a TM, we ddon’t have one, only a non cpc transport supervisor.

I’ve decided to let them have it, in a nice and measured way, putting forward all the frustration that drivers have to put up with regarding our operation, from having to strip out our loads on a morning to get front axles back under weight (we have on board weigh system), putting loads in the correct drop order, The various sensible H&S measures put in place that are completely ignored by warehouse and loaders, cancelled orders that are still loaded cos sales can’t get off there fat arses and come down stairs and ‘catch’ the pick notes, great fun when you’ve got three palletts worth for your first drop. Goods that are obviously loaded damaged (2.4m - 3.0m radiators), here I go again, I’ll start swearing soon.

I know this is crap that everyone puts up with everyday, but sometimes you just kinda snap.
Ironically watched Falling Down last night on Lovefilm, maybe not the best choice atm :laughing: :laughing:

Wheel Nut:

MADBAZ:

‘…I would wager that Keith is far from Happy…!’?

A brew says you’d lose! :smiley:

Wheel Nut:
‘…And you a religious man, gambling…?’

Aah, but the Big Man knows what’s in our hearts to ‘…*bet, gamble, chance, risk, speculate, venture, stake, pledge, lay odds, hazard or punt…’ when bantering with a self-declared ‘…MAD…’ matey who’s in the dwang and seeking comments :wink:

The frim that i worked for year ago’s had the same thing going on with some of the driver.s…The driver’s would go out get done then park up for 2 hour when run back in to the yard while some of use where getting back and then geting sent back out again. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR HEARING

just explain that you complained against unfair Treatment and that you got over the Time more and more upset as they shifted more and more Work from another to you without compensation and just by Word over Word your Scottish Blood kicked your Temper,and that you are Sorry for that,but you expected that a Person you work over that Period together would understand you and not putting you straight off Work.

just to let you know, i got myself a sttage 3 warning :frowning: , end of my paid holiday on monday. they’re on a roll, another driver just got suspended for driving without his digi card in :confused: , he did remember 15mins into his drive.

just a bit peeved cos warning stays on file for 12 months and we have pay review in april for which i’m no longer entitled, double peeved cos Travis Perkins have just bought us out and they’re bringing our financial year into line with theirs so I miss the pay review in december too :imp: .

Thjanks again for all the comments.

Silver_Surfer:
you catch more flies with honey than vinegar

Long time since I’ve heard that saying . . . but so true.

Stan

MADBAZ:
just a bit peeved cos warning stays on file for 12 months and we have pay review in april for which i’m no longer entitled

You’ve lost me. Because you’ve had a disciplinary hearing and been awarded a warning you’re no longer entitled to a pay review? Is that part of your contract, or even company policy?

Stan

Stanley Knife:

MADBAZ:
just a bit peeved cos warning stays on file for 12 months and we have pay review in april for which i’m no longer entitled

You’ve lost me. Because you’ve had a disciplinary hearing and been awarded a warning you’re no longer entitled to a pay review? Is that part of your contract, or even company policy?

Stan

It’s in the contract and company policy :frowning: , anyone who has a current warning at the time of pay review is not entitled to it. (does this apply when a pay cut is on the table? :laughing: )

MADBAZ:

Stanley Knife:

MADBAZ:

Stan

It’s in the contract and company policy :frowning: , anyone who has a current warning at the time of pay review is not entitled to it. (does this apply when a pay cut is on the table? :laughing: )

I would keep that in mind if you are ever forced into a pay cut situation, you could well have them by the balls there.

It’s a bit like saying members of a union are only entitled to a pay rise because they voted for or against different offers before accepting one that suited them and the company, the employees who aren’t union members still get it even though they had no say in it how is that fair to the union members?

we have a few drivers that ‘swing the lead’ & still complain what they have to do & the slack is always taken up by the same people simply because they know the work will get done , but no matter how bad the arguments in the office are bad language or not we don’t get suspended , hell you’d of had to kill someone just to get rapped knuckles :laughing:

Quinny:
I never knew that when you worked for a company that any run was ‘your’ run.

As a driver, you get sent where you get sent, end of, and should never regard a run as yours. Things change rapidly in transport, and if you can’t adapt to change, then go stack shelves.

However…

If it can be proved that this driver is taking the ■■■■, then if they are going to hit you with a disciplinary rap, make sure that your so called friend gets looked into as well. If he’s sat tossing it off, then why should you have to mop up what he won’t do?

Stay calm, and put your points across to whoever is seeing you, and tell them that while you didn’t mean to go off on one, you think it’s unfair that your grafting on behalf of the company while others are taking them for a ride.

Ken.

In relation to ‘your run’, this is how it worked…when you first started with the company at ‘my old depot’ you were told that you would be doing Swindon (whatever the journey number was or Reading (journey/route 6, which was ‘my run’ for 17 years)) or wherever the vacancy had become available. If you had been on the same route, day in, day out for 6 months or more, it was then considered to be ‘your run’, which is why you couldn’t be removed from it unless you/we had requested to come off it and another driver was happy to change areas. If it was found that there were wrong doings with the driver/customer, they would put the customer on to a different driver/route. This system is used at other depots on the multi temp side but unsure about logistics. Obviously better if the same driver is on the same route all the time as it leads to fewer re-deliveries.

Remember, you have the right to appeal the decision. The decision can’t get any worse so it is always worth doing it. Last time I appealed against a warning (about 5 years ago!) I got a letter of apology from the manager and a pay rise!

Sounds like you don’t have much to lose with this lot.

Good luck! :smiling_imp:

Rat

MADBAZ:

Stanley Knife:

MADBAZ:

Cracking idea. Write into company policy that if anyone has a current warning at the time of the pay review then no pay rise, and then make sure that everyone does have a current warning. :sunglasses: No pay rise to pay and all sanctioned by company policy. Like it!

Stan

MADBAZ:
Anybody got a paddle I can borrow.

My wife has but it doesn’t half sting :cry: