Blood, Sweat and Broken China (the Removals thread)

Thank you John , great photo of a real no frills Tk , BRS were no way near the best but I enjoyed my time with them .

X4hvj on a recent big move with X1HVJ ,Wallingford to Durham ,4 day move with no packing but lots of export wrapping and a tranship at the start point .

62178970_404166636975984_5841145897538289664_n.jpg

JAKEY:
X4hvj on a recent big move with X1HVJ ,Wallingford to Durham ,4 day move with no packing but lots of export wrapping and a tranship at the start point .

Hi Steve ,nice house where’s Wallingford I have heard of it ,good paying job for you mate how’s the new truck

smallcoal:

JAKEY:

Hi Steve ,nice house where’s Wallingford I have heard of it ,good paying job for you mate how’s the new truck

Midway between Reading and Oxford, formerly in Berkshire but now in Oxon. :imp:

Pete.

Hello John ,Yes At Windrush said , between Oxford and Reading on the A4074 ,but the pick address was on the Henley road , yes good paying job , fussy client though.

Yes still using the new truck but awaiting a time that we get it re painted but that might have to wait until later on in the year .

My brother has been on holiday this week so my nephew who drives the 3.5t Sprinter has been on the TGL most of the week ,it has two fuel tanks one on each side which is a pain in the arse to fill .

I just love the aerodynamics on those old removal wagons. they were like bricks on wheels. but functional for the job.

Colemans of Liverpool, established in 1871. Regarding the words and numbers
in the brackets, Gainsborough Rd etc, the numbers refer to the tram routes
from the city centre to the suburbs of Childwall, Wavertree, and Woolton,
which passed near to their office at Carmoyle Road. Regards, Ray.

Colemans.jpg

Nice old advert Ray.

Hi Steve some old pics you heard of mark at all mate

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hello John ,

Photos are great mate ,proper bodies !!!

No not heard a think ,I do hope he is just busy ! maybe on over the water a lot ? !!!

JAKEY:
Hello John ,

Photos are great mate ,proper bodies !!!

No not heard a think ,I do hope he is just busy ! maybe on over the water a lot ? !!!

I think he may be as I not seen the truck about where you this week

Lord Street in the centre of Liverpool, probably late 1960s, or early 1970s.
The 3 furniture vans on the left are delivering to city centre shops.
The Crosville Bristol Lodekka bus is on route H12 to Prescot.

Lord Street Crosville.jpg

Ray Smyth:
Lord Street in the centre of Liverpool, probably late 1960s, or early 1970s.
The 3 furniture vans on the left are delivering to city centre shops.
The Crosville Bristol Lodekka bus is on route H12 to Prescot.

Hi Ray cracking pic mate like the marsden proper truck pity couldn’t see the others behind

love the pic, correct me if i’m wrong but I spot a morris oxford, Austin mini and a ford zephyr also a volvo.

m.a.n rules:
love the pic, correct me if i’m wrong but I spot a morris oxford, Austin mini and a ford zephyr also a volvo.

Hi…I think the black car is an Austin Cambridge, Cheers, Ray. :slight_smile:

Morning all a couple more :smiley:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Great photos , love the old Bedford Marsden on the high street.

John mostly local for me , new TGL on a on/off Oxford to Essex on Wednesday ,TGL and TGM both going to Tewkesbury on Monday, all locals the rest of the week for them , Hopefully some more distance jobs coming up though ,a trip to Dublin (I might bag that one ) :open_mouth: :laughing:

Hi Steve ,mark, how’s work with you we are extremely quiet the office staff are getting worried one truck was parked up Thursday not enough work ,last year was flat out now we going out with about 8 calls compared to 15 calls a day even the artics are half empty I was out in bideford Monday night done Plymouth,Hayle bideford,then hinkley tues ,Wednesday crediton,bideford ,Thursday Swindon ,yesterday 5 calls Bristol finished by 11 back to yard park up