Blood, Sweat and Broken China (the Removals thread)

Hi Steve,I’m out tomorrow start hinkley point ,Newton abbot,Torquay ,Falmouth,then bude last drop ,been on the artic today on local

great ,I TOLD MY SON TO WAVE AT YOU :laughing: ,hopefully they see you ,How did you get on with the bendy wagon ?

JAKEY:
great ,I TOLD MY SON TO WAVE AT YOU :laughing: ,hopefully they see you ,How did you get on with the bendy wagon ?

only on greenham loaded 3 trailers back to yard only 15 minutes trip slept for 2 hrs lovely :laughing: :laughing:

A couple of photo’s for you Jakey,
The last 2 pics showing disinfecting the load! The furniture belonged to tenants moving into new council houses in Bilston Staffs. Cheer’s Pete

A fine pair of Morris-Commercials there, still my favourite make in the medium weight commercial vehicle sector. :wink:

Pete.

Thank you Pete smith for the lovely old photos.

The two guys with the masks must have had a vindaloo last night :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: nice pics there of the vans

John , our Devon run went bad at the start ,client messing us around plus could only get 2 miles from the first drop,had to employ another Devon firm to assist :open_mouth: ,this is where we had to tranship .

2, not getting through there with this truck .

57262792_414263079361132_4869785695759106048_n.jpg

Saw your MAN crossing the Avon bridge this afternoon. It certainly stands out from the crowd. It’s a credit to you. Peter

JAKEY:
2, not getting through there with this truck .

Hi Steve tell me about it we get it everyday had one drop today in winscome low bridge so you got to go round found the street sign unsuitable for hgv could not get to the drop it going on a van Tuesday so I know how you feel

Thank you Tidderson , yes it was my driver "THE HOFF " and my son “Henry” ,they were coming back from Devon ,they been away since Tuesday morning , one delivery to Totnes (bloody nightmare) :imp: ,small drop in Taunton, small drop in Bath,and a collection in Yelverton nr Plymouth for Storage for three years plus a small load back to Oxford (that will be delivered next week) , yes he keeps the truck looking good at all times and he will not scratch it .

John the Totness was a nightmare :blush: but we arranged a removal company to be on site within two hours (payment up front ) ,saying that my client has now not paid me ,although he promised he would !!! .

Hi Steve ,let’s hope you get paid mate nothing like a bad payer ,here’s a cracking Bedford of deans page which happens to be parked next to a brs van :laughing:

Advert from 1966.

Click on page once or twice.

DEANB:
Advert from 1966.

Great little add you have posted here Dean !
The body on the Austin was built by Norwich Coachworks they were a popular body builder back in the day…they built quite a lot of bodies for the Griff Fender fleet in the late 60s into the early 70s.
Griff Fender refurbished some of the Norwich bodies off early 70s BMC Lairds and rebodied them on to Leyland Boxers…thanks for posting

The refurbed Norwich Coachwork bodies off BMC Lairds put on to Boxers…the bodies were well worn by the time this pic was taken at the end of there life’s

IMG.jpg

marktaff:

DEANB:
Advert from 1966.

The body on the Austin was built by Norwich Coachworks they were a popular body builder back in the day…they built quite a lot of bodies for the Griff Fender fleet in the late 60s into the early 70s.
Griff Fender refurbished some of the Norwich bodies off early 70s BMC Lairds and rebodied them on to Leyland Boxers…thanks for posting

Thanks for the info Mark i dont remember that company,but there were loads of companies building bodies. :wink:

Vancraft build lovely bodies.

Click on page twice.

DEANB:

marktaff:

DEANB:
Advert from 1966.

Thanks for the info Mark i dont remember that company,but there were loads of companies building bodies. :wink:

Click on page twice.

Hi Dean,
Yes they are a nice stylish looking body Vancraft with a lot of Major removals company’s choosing them.

marktaff:

DEANB:

marktaff:

DEANB:
Advert from 1966.

Click on page twice.

Hi Dean,
Yes they are a nice stylish looking body Vancraft with a lot of Major removals company’s choosing them.

Hi mark how you keeping you been busy ,how’s your mam doing now ,Steve did you get paid after

Hi John,
I’m great thanks…my mam ok to at the moment mate…thanks for asking…how are you John ?
See this article in the Classic Commercial mag this week…Nevline from Trelaw Rhondda Valley…they also worked for a lot of the Christie Tyler Company’s. …ran a few attics on Tyler’s to.