Blood, Sweat and Broken China (the Removals thread)

JAKEY:
One battery as dead as a Dodo , any way get going and I charge the pack up at the clients house for 5 hours (should of seen the address was Cliff road) !!! :blush: ,

Had to use the jump pack all day and had to turn off on Ferry (was told the Captain was going to refuse me on ,but I think they saw I nwas not in the mood for [zb] !!! , parked up at 9pm at Portsmouth truck stop for the night .

Day3 ,return and drop porters off at the yard ,over to dealers £389 plus vat lighter but two new batteries (they reckon they were only one year warranty !!!) but the new ones are two years !! yes ok I roll over and you can shag me !!! , No way Jack , the TGL IN December will be off ! ,there now saying there look in to it "you better I said " :open_mouth: :laughing:

Hi Steve,
I think I may have cursed you mate :smiley:
Sounds like you had awful trip there… i would want answers about those batteries to 12 months warranty only…how old is the MAN now !
I run a fridge constantly in the DAF…do you run one in the MAN ?
The DAF will be four years old in November had no problems with the batteries at all mate…something not right there Steve.

DEANB:
Clipping from 1972.

Nice pic there Dean…Arlington went on to turn out many bodies like this one here to all kinds of Movers …furniture retailers …they were a very popular body back in the day.

Hello Mark,

MAN is two years old on the 1st of October ,No fridge :open_mouth: .

One positive thing , by yesterday I could reverse it in to our yard with out a shunt !!! :open_mouth: , I have not drove it for a year, tail swing etc !!! :open_mouth: .

Enjoyed the trip with my son (full time porter) and Alan (part time packer ) , they were chuffed too .

JAKEY:
Hello Mark,

MAN is two years old on the 1st of October ,No fridge :open_mouth: .

One positive thing , by yesterday I could reverse it in to our yard with out a shunt !!! :open_mouth: , I have not drove it for a year, tail swing etc !!! :open_mouth: .

Enjoyed the trip with my son (full time porter) and Alan (part time packer ) , they were chuffed too .

Hi lads I bought a 12 volt fridge in aldi £40 it’s on all week in the truck even overnight never runs the battery down I’m down Cornwall Monday so night out for me

Hello john,

my brother is on a overnight in Welcombe nr Bideford Tuesday night ,delivering Tuesday afternoon , he is in his old DAF .

Hi lads,check out this site type in Flickr removals and storage vans 73 pages of removal vans there’s a brs ford Luton on there,also mark one of yours in Shepton mallett :smiley:

smallcoal:
Hi lads,check out this site type in Flickr removals and storage vans 73 pages of removal vans there’s a brs ford Luton on there,also mark one of yours in Shepton mallett :smiley:

Hi yes thats the group I founded about 10 years ago to make it easier just click flickr.com/groups/removalvans/pool/ There would have been many more pages by now but sadly when Yahoo who own Flickr were hacked a year or two ago I had to change my password and somehow lost the new one, and as yahoo could only send a replacement to my old yahoo site which I was locked out of I am locked out of the flickr site, but I am still paying subscription to flickr to keep that site alive.

smallcoal:

Hi John,
Yes i already know about this site mate been following it for some years now…as stated below it was set up by Carl Williams…there are some cracking pics on there…will put the CM mags with Dean tommorow mate ok.

Regards Mark

marktaff:

smallcoal:

Hi John,
Yes i already know about this site mate been following it for some years now…as stated below it was set up by Carl Williams…there are some cracking pics on there…will put the CM mags with Dean tommorow mate ok.

Regards Mark

Hi mark I’m down hinkley point tomorrow I know there’s a west wales in the middle of the week how’s your mam doing mate hope all ok

smallcoal:

marktaff:

smallcoal:

Hi John,

Regards Mark

Hi mark I’m down hinkley point tomorrow I know there’s a west wales in the middle of the week how’s your mam doing mate hope all ok

Hi John…mother is ok at present mate…thanks for asking…I will leave them with Dean anyway collect them when your in town mate :smiley:

Good glad of that mate ,yes will do where you tomorrow

Pickfords Bedford from 1973.

pickfords 1973 bedford.PNG

We got the 3.5 t sprinter back in service but not had the sign writing done yet , it looks good .

JAKEY:
We got the 3.5 t sprinter back in service but not had the sign writing done yet , it looks good .

Hi Steve,
Is this pic of the MAN recent or back in the summer…lovely looking solid parched ground…don’t think you could do the that in January mate. :smiley: …lovely pics Steve…would love to see a pic of the work done to the sprinter after the signwritter is finished.

37999920_2142301052713620_6061917992625635328_n.jpg

Your dam right Mark ,it was in the summer, I quoted it being a bloody long walk but they sourced the key and got bang outside the door and saved me :open_mouth: lots of overtime!!!,but it could of ended a expensive day ,they had permission from the parish council luckily as only the week before our traveling friends broke in and were camping there!!! Still awaiting decals on the merc.

UpdatE with the new TGL :open_mouth: IT CAME TWO WEEKS AGO WITH THE WRONG CHASSIS (salesman mistake) SBR body builders found this out straight away luckily ! ETA now January ,only real problem another company we know NORTH DEVON REMOVALS want our DAF now !!! :smiley:

Article from 1976 about F.W.Shaw & Sons Removals from Worthing.

Click on pages twice to read.