Blood, Sweat and Broken China (the Removals thread)

Carl Williams:
367MPTBedford SB (Passenger chassis) Bedford 330 cu in diesel with body by Marsden’s of Warrington. Registered new 1963 and originally driven by Harry Hawkins, Seen here in about 1963 in Inverness The photograph was taken by a young Eddie Worthington, who was Harry’s porter that day. Eddie kindly not only kept that photo all those years but a year or two ago coloured the van in what had originally been a black & white shot.When MPT was new it was delivered in Grey Primer and as we were extremely busy and it was an additional van it ran for just over a week until my dad could get it in for painting, which he did himself as he had with all our vehicles since the mid 1930;'s brush painting at this time with Dulux Coach Finnish. It was sign written by Temp Newton of Spennymoor who made fame decorating Palaces in Dubai. I remember during a school holiday going out with MPT when it was less than a week old and still in Grey primer, as passenger of course (Too young to drive a car never mind an HGV) and we had to make a delivery to Hoults in Walker Road Newcastle and being very disappointed as we were in disguise with an un-painted van, new and very modern for its day.
MPT had a thirteen year life with us and did over 700,000 miles before it was sold to a new owner for its second life.

Good post Chris, you cant knock that old Bedford 700,000 miles !

Pickfords Bedford.

removals km  tk1630.PNG.png

This post (by Ray Smyth) on the Buses thread might be of interest to some of the ummm… more senior furniture humpers on here (Carl W for example)

viewtopic.php?p=2513760#p2513760

Actually there’s quite a bit of common interest between this and the Buses thread, go have a shufty if you’ve got half an hour.

A few.
Oily

Removals Beverley Hills Mike Mozart cc by 2.0 14054245548_2a73a61bc4_MM o.jpg

Removals Richard 43725297054_0eed3d9002_rs k.jpg

Removals Alf Van Beem DAF_AE47XS,_AA_movers avb.jpg

Some American movers,be fun putting one of these over here and getting into a street :laughing:

image.jpeg

Old one from Australia.

Click on page twice.

Is it just me who can’t work out why some one would carry the storage box like this chap ?
Was in the transport game for 50 years, nearly all the work was handball and did quite a while on removals, but it’s a new one on me !

aaaaa.JPG

Regards. John.

Hi mark ,this was on South Wales thread put on by Andrew from Llanelli to Gothenburg and a couple of pics

image.jpeg

image.png

Morning Steve ,have you done the Forest of Dean job nr Lydney did you find someone with a forklift,how’s work looking with you

Hi mark and Steve,a couple of Christie Tyler mark :smiley:

image.jpeg

A0BA734F-3E2F-492A-ADC4-CC336AA383CF.jpeg

old 67:
Is it just me who can’t work out why some one would carry the storage box like this chap ?
Was in the transport game for 50 years, nearly all the work was handball and did quite a while on removals, but it’s a new one on me !

Regards. John.

15 years on removals never seen that action before.

Olivers of York Leyland.

DEANB:
Olivers of York Leyland.

The Warehouse on wheels! What a good description of the Leyland Boxer. We had about 6 and they came 2nd worse to the Leyland Laird amongst our rigid vans. They were off the road broken down so much they would have made more money for us being used for warehousing.

RPT601M.jpg

Hi mark, how come you running solo yesterday no shotgun passenger,I was going to ystradgynlias ,how’s your week been,I been really busy me and the missus of to north wales for a week eyed to recharge the batteries :laughing:

DEANB:
Olivers of York Leyland.

Hi Dean,
Lovely shot on the CM of the Oliver’s Leyland.
Is there an article inside we can feast our eyes on :smiley:

smallcoal:
Hi mark, how come you running solo yesterday no shotgun passenger,I was going to ystradgynlias ,how’s your week been,I been really busy me and the missus of to north wales for a week eyed to recharge the batteries :laughing:

Hi John,
How you doing mate…missus away heaven :smiley:
Time to yourself mate…just coming back from Aberdeen when I saw you yesterday came down the 49 mate…nice week on my own.
You still flat out mate ?

Bedford advert from 1961.

Click on once or twice.

marktaff:

smallcoal:

Hi John,
How you doing mate…missus away heaven :smiley:
Time to yourself mate…just coming back from Aberdeen when I saw you yesterday came down the 49 mate…nice week on my own.
You still flat out mate ?

Yes I’m ok mate,glad you enjoyed your trip me and the missus haven’t finished till 8 every night ,did you see the Christie Tyler pics bet the Bedford was fun solo ,how’s your mam doing now hope she ok

Courtesy of Ron ,for you mark

Hello Mark and John,

Sorry not been on to post lately , busy then holiday then busy , I got a few truck photos but just theses two day too post .
(1) The hoff parked up in Le mans this week whilst on a trip too Bussiere- Poitevine ,also bought a photo of the old Atego off ebay ,we sold this two years ago to Graham Mc kenzie from Wick .

Bit of news our 3.5t sprinter was hit from behind whilst on a packing job, luckly no one was killed and the van has been in for the repairs ,paint etc ,so I added more money and had a total repaint .